Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The install is done. I still need to add the big lights (haven't decided yet). Have to say, the bumper was a real bitch to install. I spent 4 hours on the two upper intercooler bolts alone. Now that I have done it I could save a bunch of time on those two bolts. The rest is just relocating and rerouting wires and sensors. Of course have the Lux package didn't help in that department. I am planning to replace the ARB turn signal/marker lights with small light bars making these my ditch lights.
Ford Bronco ARB Summit Bumper installed. PXL_20230813_185519913
Ford Bronco ARB Summit Bumper installed. PXL_20230813_185527072
Sponsored

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good. I was leaning towards this bumper for a while before going another direction. Curious, did you end up with a noticeable front end sag from it?

OP
OP
Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks good. I was leaning towards this bumper for a while before going another direction. Curious, did you end up with a noticeable front end sag from it?
I didn't do a pre-install measurement. I am also not running a winch. The sag is minimal. The factory steel capable bumper that came off is not light. I would guess the difference in weight is less than 100lbs.

jdubby

Badlands
First Name
jdubby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 bronco; 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The install is done. I still need to add the big lights (haven't decided yet). Have to say, the bumper was a real bitch to install. I spent 4 hours on the two upper intercooler bolts alone. Now that I have done it I could save a bunch of time on those two bolts. The rest is just relocating and rerouting wires and sensors. Of course have the Lux package didn't help in that department. I am planning to replace the ARB turn signal/marker lights with small light bars making these my ditch lights.
looks awesome with that color. I just pulled the trigger on the ARM rear bumper today...will try to get it installed in the next week or 2. I am supper happy with the front...and I have not noticed any difference in the stance nor the ride qulaity. And yes...I have the winch on it as well. Have a good one!

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting ready to pull the trigger on this bumper. I have a couple of questions maybe you could help me with.
1.) Any modification required like drilling or cutting on the Bronco?
2.) is there a wiring harness that comes with it to make bumper turn/markers functional?
3.) How did you tap in to make turn/markers functional? Plug and play?
3.) is the stock wiring for the camera long enough to reach the new location in the bumper or do they supply an extension? Or, do you have to purchase a camera wire extension separate?
4.) Do the plastic surrounds for the fog lights come with it or are you transferring over the ones from the OEM bumper?
5.) Did you mount the winch before installing the bumper or after installing the bumper?
6.) When wiring up the winch, did you go direct to the battery or did you use an up fitter switch? Did you incorporate a power disconnect between the battery and the winch?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
My Bronco is a ‘23 Badlands Sasquatch 4 door high pkg.
I have a Warn Zeon 10s new in the box waiting on a bumper.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Getting ready to pull the trigger on this bumper. I have a couple of questions maybe you could help me with.
1.) Any modification required like drilling or cutting on the Bronco?
2.) is there a wiring harness that comes with it to make bumper turn/markers functional?
3.) How did you tap in to make turn/markers functional? Plug and play?
3.) is the stock wiring for the camera long enough to reach the new location in the bumper or do they supply an extension? Or, do you have to purchase a camera wire extension separate?
4.) Do the plastic surrounds for the fog lights come with it or are you transferring over the ones from the OEM bumper?
5.) Did you mount the winch before installing the bumper or after installing the bumper?
6.) When wiring up the winch, did you go direct to the battery or did you use an up fitter switch? Did you incorporate a power disconnect between the battery and the winch?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
My Bronco is a ‘23 Badlands Sasquatch 4 door high pkg.
I have a Warn Zeon 10s new in the box waiting on a bumper.
No modifications at all. No drilling or cutting to the Bronco. You do need to trim the grill that comes with the bumper. Super easy and straight forward.

It does come with all necessary wiring to make the running/turn signals functional. I did not connect them on my install. I am replacing the running/turn signal lights that cam with the bumper with Baja Design S2 lights (amber). These will be connected to an upfitter.

The stock wiring for the camera and adaptive cruise is long enough but you do need to reroute the wires in order to get the extra length you will need.

The plastic surrounds come with the bumper. I did not use the factory fog lights from the capable bumper, I used BD Squadron (amber) in that location. They are connected to the factory fog light harness with an adaptor plug (Amazon) so not cutting or splicing. Plug and play.

I am not currently running a winch.
Ford Bronco ARB Summit Bumper installed. PXL_20230908_222323263

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No modifications at all. No drilling or cutting to the Bronco. You do need to trim the grill that comes with the bumper. Super easy and straight forward.

It does come with all necessary wiring to make the running/turn signals functional. I did not connect them on my install. I am replacing the running/turn signal lights that cam with the bumper with Baja Design S2 lights (amber). These will be connected to an upfitter.

The stock wiring for the camera and adaptive cruise is long enough but you do need to reroute the wires in order to get the extra length you will need.

The plastic surrounds come with the bumper. I did not use the factory fog lights from the capable bumper, I used BD Squadron (amber) in that location. They are connected to the factory fog light harness with an adaptor plug (Amazon) so not cutting or splicing. Plug and play.

PXL_20230908_222323263.jpg

PXL_20230908_222323263.jpg
th

Thank you for the info, most helpful. I just realized you and I were communicating in the labor rate thread as well. 🤣
From install guide online, it appears two holes need to be drilled for bumper bolts to frame-no biggie. I know you said you don’t have a winch. The only issue I wasn’t crazy about was the possibility of having to cut/notch the fascia for winch control pack. Won’t know for sure until I try to mount it all up, but if that’s required, I’ll have to order the control pack relocation kit, I’m not going to cut/notch the fascia.
About the on my own install issue, I’m just a little worried about getting everything lined up without crashing 240 lbs. of steel and plastic into the front end if things get off balance. Still, I guess I can purchase a lift table at Harbor Freight for $350 which would be way cheaper than the shop’s install rate.

Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Harbor freight motorcycle jack works good for lifting the bumper in place.

The facia that has to be trimmed to clear a winch is completely covered by the bumper and unnoticeable. Not a big deal.

See my build thread on how to mount VisionX SAE fog lights using supplied ARB brackets

OP
OP
Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That lift table would be a huge help and much safer than what I did.

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was the solution to the intercooler bolt problem? We have a lux and it looks physically impossible to get those bolts in with the mounting plate and the 6mm spacer. I'm thinking I will need to unbolt the fans and shroud to move them back and come from the top.

Tia.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What was the solution to the intercooler bolt problem? We have a lux and it looks physically impossible to get those bolts in with the mounting plate and the 6mm spacer. I'm thinking I will need to unbolt the fans and shroud to move them back and come from the top.

Tia.
I loosened the upper bolts which allowed enough movement with the I/C to get them in. I used long flex head wrench to tighten the bottom bolts. Those two bolts took more time than the rest of the install. I struggled to figure out the first one and then the second one was fairly easy.

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you shimmied the intercooler back to get the bolts in the hole then slid it back to line up with the holes in the frame?

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also wiring in those lights is a huge pita. I tried heat shrink butt connectors but not enough room for that so had to go solder. You are working with 3" of wire with 7 or 8 20 gauge wires and the colour's in the install guide don't exist.

I got one side working but the other won't blink now, the headlight blocks but not the clearance light!!! I think the ground may be bad. Will have to tear apart and redo.

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fans and shroud is two bolts on top and you have to take off the wiring and the air intake scoop but look at that beauty access from the top!!!
Ford Bronco ARB Summit Bumper installed. 20240226_170506