Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the Summit on my Wildtrak and it doesn't weigh 172lbe without the winch. It's heavy, but not that heavy. I was able to carry and mount it myself. My Wildtrak came with the capable bumper and it weighs approximately 50lbs +/-. The Summit without a winch is 150ish. Looking at a net difference of 100lbs. Can I feel the difference while driving? Yes. It's not bad and still drives great, but you doo feel the weight. Mine is a fairly heavy (weight) build. Summit, full skids, frame mounted rock rails, Tuffy cargo lock box, etc. I will be adding heavier duty springs.
PXL_20230908_222323263.jpg
Do you have a "profile" view from the side?
Sponsored

Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would agree with the others that the bumper does not weigh 172lbs without the winch. I was able to lift it by myself on to the jack lift I used raise it in place. Probably more like 100 lbs plus another 50+ for the winch. I definitely could NOT lift the bumper by myself with the winch installed.

The front end will settle about 1/2" to 3/4". You will want a plan to level the front. I have not noticed the extra weight adversely effecting handling or braking though.

Having the air flow blocked to the intercooler is not going to be a deal killer, but you will definitely get power reduction in warm climates and when pushing the truck hard due to reduced airflow.

I installed the Mishimoto high mount intercooler when I installed my bumper. You will want to do both at same time if going that route and it will take extensive modification of the bumper mounting brackets

See my build thread for details and a copy of the color pdf install instructions

https://www.bronco6g.com/my-little-mule-2dr-badlands-sasquatch-build/

The build quality is excellent but don't be surprised if you have to bust out the grinder a couple of times to make shtuf fit together.

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The intercooler is well below the mounting point for the winch. The grill in the bumper is unobstructed to the intercooler.
Sorry not trying to be a doubter. But checking this photo, it looks like the winch body is in front of the intercooler. No?

Ford Bronco ARB SUMMIT winch bumper weight DED21737-59E7-4C7B-B327-F61809641601
Ford Bronco ARB SUMMIT winch bumper weight BE2A7EBB-9510-43A5-8E8C-12706C318FF0

Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry not trying to be a doubter. But checking this photo, it looks like the winch body is in front of the intercooler. No?
Yes, the intercooler is really buried behind the bumper in the stock location, especially with a winch installed..

Sponsored

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD Squadron Pro. The factory fogs are worthless.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/?page=1&s=squadron+pro
@Silver-Bolt
Sorry to beat this to death, But was it specifically these? And did you need any additional stuff to mount them?
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-r-pro-black-led-auxiliary-light-pod-pair-universal/

thats squadron pro, ive got some on my a pillars. And they're bright. I was thinking squadron sport might be better for fog lights. But I don't know... your thoughts?

Last edited:

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the intercooler is really buried behind the bumper in the stock location, especially with a winch installed..
Maybe I’m trying too hard because I like the look of the bumper and know ARB produces OEM quality products (usually lol), so I’ll ask the group; It seems ARB has been one of Ford’s accessory partners on the Bronco. Is it foolish to assume they wouldn’t design something adequate to meet Ford’s requirements? I’m one of those guys that figures a company (especially as large as ARB) tries to pinch every penny, if they put that much steel into the horn mounts, I figure there was a reason. Maybe I’m just too lazy to start hacking into them so I can relocate the intercooler lol. Heck, it’s one of the reasons I was hoping to go ARB. This bumper seemed to come with everything: horn reenforcement, camera and acc relocation, sensors, airbag compatibility etc. Gotta ad springs but all in all the “least fab/hack for a Lux”. Now I’m wondering…

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Silver-Bolt
Sorry to beat this to death, But was it specifically these? And did you need any additional stuff to mount them?
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-r-pro-black-led-auxiliary-light-pod-pair-universal/

thats squadron pro, ive got some on my a pillars. And they're bright. I was thinking squadron sport might be better for fog lights. But I don't know... your thoughts?
Those are the lights. I had them left over from another project. I didn't use the brackets that came with the lights. I don't remember if I used the bracket from the Ford factory fogs or if my BD lights had a bracket from the previous use. Light output is very good. I am not sure how they compare to the other Squadron lights. I will be replacing the ARB marker/signal lights with some BD S2's as soon as I have to time make some brackets. Those will act as my ditch lights. They will also be amber.

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are the lights. I had them left over from another project. I didn't use the brackets that came with the lights. I don't remember if I used the bracket from the Ford factory fogs or if my BD lights had a bracket from the previous use. Light output is very good. I am not sure how they compare to the other Squadron lights. I will be replacing the ARB marker/signal lights with some BD S2's as soon as I have to time make some brackets. Those will act as my ditch lights. They will also be amber.
Hey there's a utube saying Baja design will upgrade squadon to SAE legal for free. Changes the lense and reflectors. Don't know if it's true,

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey there's a utube saying Baja design will upgrade squadon to SAE legal for free. Changes the lense and reflectors. Don't know if it's true,
For me, I am not worried about SAE legal. I want/need the most light possible. Up in NW Montana when the sun goes down, it's dark. Zero light pollution, no street lights, total darkness. I simply turn off the auxiliary lights for on coming vehicles. Up here at night it's not uncommon to drive for an hour+ without seeing another vehicle. That said, BD has been great to work with over the years. Call them, I am sure that they would help you with the SAE issue.
Sponsored