98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello, been wanting to get a ARB summit winch bumper for my wildtrak, according to ARB the bumper weight is 172 pounds and the warn 10-s zeon is 75 pounds. Will the extra 250 pounds really affect the Bronco all that much? How much will it squat it, I mean I weight 200 and it doesn't affect the truck as far as I could tell. Maybe because the weight is all at the front?
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Considering your mod bumper weighs 80-95 pounds (subtracting from the summit bumper) depending on who you ask, and you'll need a winch mount, I'd think you standing on your front bumper might give you a pretty good estimate.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the Summit on my Wildtrak and it doesn't weigh 172lbe without the winch. It's heavy, but not that heavy. I was able to carry and mount it myself. My Wildtrak came with the capable bumper and it weighs approximately 50lbs +/-. The Summit without a winch is 150ish. Looking at a net difference of 100lbs. Can I feel the difference while driving? Yes. It's not bad and still drives great, but you doo feel the weight. Mine is a fairly heavy (weight) build. Summit, full skids, frame mounted rock rails, Tuffy cargo lock box, etc. I will be adding heavier duty springs.
Ford Bronco ARB SUMMIT winch bumper weight PXL_20230908_222323263

OP
OP
98infinity

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Summit on my Wildtrak and it doesn't weigh 172lbe without the winch. It's heavy, but not that heavy. I was able to carry and mount it myself. My Wildtrak came with the capable bumper and it weighs approximately 50lbs +/-. The Summit without a winch is 150ish. Looking at a net difference of 100lbs. Can I feel the difference while driving? Yes. It's not bad and still drives great, but you doo feel the weight. Mine is a fairly heavy (weight) build. Summit, full skids, frame mounted rock rails, Tuffy cargo lock box, etc. I will be adding heavier duty springs.
PXL_20230908_222323263.jpg
the 172 pounds is right from their website.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the 172 pounds is right from their website.
I understand that. It might be the shipping weight with all of the packing material. After handling it solo, it's not 172lbs heavy. Here is a photo where I put it up on saw horses solo to assemble it.
Ford Bronco ARB SUMMIT winch bumper weight PXL_20230811_233549821

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand that. It might be the shipping weight with all of the packing material. After handling it solo, it's not 172lbs heavy. Here is a photo where I put it up on saw horses solo to assemble it.
Ford Bronco ARB SUMMIT winch bumper weight PXL_20230811_233549821
What fog lights are you using there? I’ve been wondering what I would add. I’ve had ARB’s fogs in another bumper and wasn’t impressed so I’d like DD or BD.

Thanks

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PXL_20230811_233549821.jpg
ton of questions. Front facing camera, the tire tracks you see in 4L. How did you address that?
no winch?
did you need to any wiring stuff for the parking sensors
how were the instructions?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ton of questions. Front facing camera, the tire tracks you see in 4L. How did you address that?
no winch?
did you need to any wiring stuff for the parking sensors
how were the instructions?
The camera is relocated from the grill to the grill in the bumper. No real change in view. I am currently not running a winch but will be in the future. For the parking sensors, you remove the factory harness from the stock bumper and install it in the ARB. Plug and play. You will need to reroute the factory pigtail on the Bronco to the bumper. No cutting just rerouting. I requested a color PDF of the install instructions from ARB. The emailed back the same day with the copy. No issues using those. The instructions that come with it would have been more challenging.

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. And one more.. without a winch I don't see a problem. With a winch I'm concerned about blocking the intercooler air flow. What are your thoughts?

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok. And one more.. without a winch I don't see a problem. With a winch I'm concerned about blocking the intercooler air flow. What are your thoughts?
Ford says you should be concerned.
Ford Bronco ARB SUMMIT winch bumper weight bronco intercooler

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
But in reality, not a big deal.
This is how I roll and no issues.
Your mount looks more like Ford's solution for not blocking the intercooler, you see on the Everglades trim, as opposed to the Summit bumper (with winch).

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your mount looks more like Ford's solution for not blocking the intercooler, you see on the Everglades trim, as opposed to the Summit bumper (with winch).
Your right, but somebody was after me for my license plate blocking it...

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The intercooler is well below the mounting point for the winch. The grill in the bumper is unobstructed to the intercooler.
Sponsored