Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree I don't know how much I like the the look for this same reason, but I like the fact that they are black and not plastic like the crap grey ones that come on the vehicle.

I'll buy them as is but I am wondering if there may be a version later on that contours the front to be in line with the hood and fenders.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been a long time coming for the R.U.T.S. but I’m impressed with the final product. I still need to get the correct hardware installed for the 1/4-20 threaded locations (yes our BALLS will mount right up. You’re welcome, content creators). The limb riser attachments are next.

Like the Trail Sight Deletes, the OEM rubber weatherstrips are used. The fit it dialed right in. To the eye, it’s the right kind of chunky. Not taller, but more girth. The ability to securely mount accessories like rod holders, limb risers, antennas, GoPro, are what will set these apart.

Now that everything is set, the RUTS will go into full blown production and we’ll continue developing an ecosystem of accessories and mounts to leverage their rigidity and modularity.
IMG_0982.jpeg
IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0984.jpeg
IMG_0985.jpeg
IMG_0986.jpeg
IMG_0989.jpeg
IMG_0991.jpeg
awesome, when do I get to buy them? Take my money

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I
I agree I don't know how much I like the the look for this same reason, but I like the fact that they are black and not plastic like the crap grey ones that come on the vehicle.

I'll buy them as is but I am wondering if there may be a version later on that contours the front to be in line with the hood and fenders.
I like that protrusion rather than flush..some extra protection when on the trail

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been a long time coming for the R.U.T.S. but I’m impressed with the final product. I still need to get the correct hardware installed for the 1/4-20 threaded locations (yes our BALLS will mount right up. You’re welcome, content creators). The limb riser attachments are next.

Like the Trail Sight Deletes, the OEM rubber weatherstrips are used. The fit it dialed right in. To the eye, it’s the right kind of chunky. Not taller, but more girth. The ability to securely mount accessories like rod holders, limb risers, antennas, GoPro, are what will set these apart.

Now that everything is set, the RUTS will go into full blown production and we’ll continue developing an ecosystem of accessories and mounts to leverage their rigidity and modularity.
IMG_0982.jpeg
IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0984.jpeg
IMG_0985.jpeg
IMG_0986.jpeg
IMG_0989.jpeg
IMG_0991.jpeg
From what are these made? Looks like a bit of rust in the attached pic. 🤷‍♂️

Also, not sure I love the overhang.

img_0985-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From what are these made? Looks like a bit of rust in the attached pic. 🤷‍♂️

Also, not sure I love the overhang.

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | RUTS - Ruggedized Utility Trail Sights img_0985-jpe
Solid 6061 billet aluminum and black textured powdercoat. That little spec is probably just microfiber lint. On a long enough timeline, those RUTS would outlast the fender that their mounted to.

The overhang is almost necessary. On all of the Broncos I've looked at, the fender and the hood aren't plumb to each other, where they terminate. So designing a trail sight that 'fits' in the way you're talking won't look right. It's best to overshoot both and make it a design feature, rather than trying to conform a part to Ford's manufacturing tolerances. It also gives it a more functional/chunkier look. Once the limb risers are in place, it all makes more sense, visually. From any distance, other than right up on the part, it's not even noticeable.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Solid 6061 billet aluminum and black textured powdercoat. That little spec is probably just microfiber lint. On a long enough timeline, those RUTS would outlast the fender that their mounted to.

The overhang is almost necessary. On all of the Broncos I've looked at, the fender and the hood aren't plumb to each other, where they terminate. So designing a trail sight that 'fits' in the way you're talking won't look right. It's best to overshoot both and make it a design feature, rather than trying to conform a part to Ford's manufacturing tolerances. It also gives it a more functional/chunkier look. Once the limb risers are in place, it all makes more sense, visually. From any distance, other than right up on the part, it's not even noticeable.
If I remember correctly these are made to be modular in some way, so you can have a deleted look or the current raised look, correct?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I remember correctly these are made to be modular in some way, so you can have a deleted look or the current raised look, correct?
Correct. There's a billet base plate mounted underneath the RUTS. If you wanted, you can swap between the delete and the RUTS. The thought being, if you had 'stuff' mounted to your RUTS (pole holders, jack mount, antennas, you name it) you can just remove the RUTS and all of the accessories as an assembly with just removing the two M8 bolts that secure the RUTS to the baseplate. If you never intend to swap, you just mount it up and leave it all installed.

Smitty1979

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F-100, 2016 F150, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any idea on a release date and price point? I am looking for mostly a delete if available separately or as a kit?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any idea on a release date and price point? I am looking for mostly a delete if available separately or as a kit?
I’ll continue building out the product listing on the website. Let’s shoot for early June. The parts will be available as individual pieces, so you can get what you absolutely need and none of the fluff you don’t. 👍🏽

Sponsored

Smitty1979

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F-100, 2016 F150, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll continue building out the product listing on the website. Let’s shoot for early June. The parts will be available as individual pieces, so you can get what you absolutely need and none of the fluff you don’t. 👍🏽
Any idea on pricing for the deletes then the accessories?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Solid 6061 billet aluminum and black textured powdercoat.
There's a billet base plate mounted underneath the RUTS
Curtis, are these up on the website yet? I'm leaning toward just the base plate....but I plan to color match it with a painted grill I'm redoing. What's my best approach....order raw aluminum, or color over your black?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be completely honest, I'm ready to pull the trigger the day they are released and wait four months for them.

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be completely honest, I'm ready to pull the trigger the day they are released and wait four months for them.
Right there with you!
Sponsored