HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JFC why do these threads always have to devolve into lectures about global economics, typically from people who don't actually know the first thing about the subject?

The dude just wants to know where something is made. Somehow that either makes him a horrible, uneducated oaf or a patriot.

I also choose to spend my money supporting US workers. Having worked as a Machinist, I have an affinity for US Manufacturing. However, product quality and how it fits my needs are ultimately my first priorities. All things being equal, the USA made piece will get my money. There is a lot of crap being made stateside too, so it's not always a mark of quality.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

RTR takes a while to respond... I bought it assuming (pretty sure) it to be made in the USA.

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please take your politics somewhere else, thank you
If you are discussing "Buy USA Made", you are discussing global trade, in case that wasn't obvious. And global trade is economics, not politics. No one is discussing politics.

It has political implications (taxes, tariffs, wealth transfer, deficits, domestic programs, political position, etc.), but I don't see that in this discussion, and it shouldn't be. If you are over sensitive to this, just move on.

Somehow that either makes him a horrible, uneducated oaf ...
You are the one demonizing the OP. No one is suggesting that at all. This is a forum conversation where multiple perspectives and additional information are offered for consideration.

from people who don't actually know the first thing about the subject
Your passive, aggressive bullying to shut down a conversation you are uncomfortable with is obvious, immature, and boorish.

My perception is that was a self-description by you. Your multiple posts I read imply to me that you have zero education in economics. But you can feel free to share your expertise with us.
Or you can take Samuel Clemens advice, "It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

As for me, I have a graduate minor in economics. I have also sat on 2 presidential trade counsels. I actually know how to factually research a subject and be educated about it. I proffered my knowledge to temper a broad shot conversation with condoning implications about vendors.

I suggest using Google to look up the big words.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or you can take Samuel Clemens advice, "It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Sage advice. Too bad you're too busy being "passive, aggressive bullying to shut down a conversation you are uncomfortable with" and being "obvious, immature, and boorish." to implement it yourself.

Have a lovely day, internet "Doc".

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a lovely day, internet "Doc".
I actually am. thank you. It's a beautiful, sunny day, 72 degrees, mild warm wind at the beach.
I felt so burned by your deflection. Oh wait. Nope. That's the sun reflecting off my beer. Sorry.
Sponsored