Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All good points, and compound all of that into the 2k diff in builds, sounds like WT is the better option.
Those were all components I replaced right away with my JLUR and JTR.
I will say this. You are a Jeep owner, so you know. Get what you need for 95% of your driving. If you like an interior a lot more, get that as opposed to something you will use 4x in 5 years. You can spend a ton on these rigs for stuff you will use once and probably didn't need. But, if you are going to go at speed on trails and runs, sure, go for the upgrade/WT.
Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unless you show me where Ford has this stated it is just BS coming from the dealer.
Happy to have it be BS! He had no incentive to say it (if anything it made me more angry), but he called 2 people in the shop to confirm. Though it's sounding like - from a few on here - these guys are, as I assumed, not on top of it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it is BS .. many cars that do have a tow package do come with upgraded coolers like the Jeeps BUT if the bronco did it would state it.

one way to check is to see if there are indeed 2 radiators part # listed for the Bronco

Happy to have it be BS! He had no incentive to say it (if anything it made me more angry), but he called 2 people in the shop to confirm.

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco tow package is the hitch, wiring, and trailer brake controller only. There aren't any cooling upgrades.
Never said the Bronco had these components. Wouldn't be surprised if there were minor differences in components though when comparing both the tow and non tow.

Believe that my 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the tow package I traded for my current 2021 Stealth Limited expedition with tow both came with those items to assist with the added strain and heat transfer that is generated when towing. I am glad when I towed my 1969 Cougar XR7 to Detroit in 2017 in a 26' enclosed trailer came factory equipped with the the tow package.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dealer said there is a difference in the radiator and trans cooler. He specifically said, "do not throw anything heavy on a trailer and pull it with an aftermarket tow." But, hey, these guys weren't exactly on top of their game.
Dealer said....

Fimages%2Fa9454218eb75d232fa793a84857e00d5%2Ftenor.gif

Sponsored
OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

Wildtrak
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JTR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will say this. You are a Jeep owner, so you know. Get what you need for 95% of your driving. If you like an interior a lot more, get that as opposed to something you will use 4x in 5 years. You can spend a ton on these rigs for stuff you will use once and probably didn't need. But, if you are going to go at speed on trails and runs, sure, go for the upgrade/WT.
Well said. Bronco thing is new to me, always been a Jeep guy.
One thing I’ve learned with owning Jeeps, is the rubicons always hold value very well. Hence, looking at WT.
I’ve used the lockers, etc on Jeeps plenty of times. Have i been able to go anywhere my non rubicon friends have, nope, just maybe a little easier.
One thing I always look at buying a vehicle like this, is potential resale value down the road.
I won’t need the Hoss 3.0 fox 2.5s, upgraded steering and control arms are def nice imo. Lockers, another nice feature.
so much new to stuff to learn with things!! Lol

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never said the Bronco had these components. Wouldn't be surprised if there were minor differences in components though when comparing both the tow and non tow.

Believe that my 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the tow package I traded for my current 2021 Stealth Limited expedition with tow both came with those items to assist with the added strain and heat transfer that is generated when towing. I am glad when I towed my 1969 Cougar XR7 to Detroit in 2017 in a 26' enclosed trailer came factory equipped with the the tow package.
I ABSOLUTELY would be surprised if there were any differences in the components. There's never been any indication of different components at all.

EDIT: If you look at this, you will see that any idea that the components are different in the Broncos with the tow package is complete hogwash. Page 2 specifically points out what components the tow package adds - it's limited to the harness and connector, the trailer module, and the hitch receiver. I have no idea where false ideas like these originate and spread, but I guess it's the age we live in.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...des/2022_Ford_Bronco_Towing_Info_r1_Mar30.pdf

Last edited:

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco tow package is the hitch, wiring, and trailer brake controller only. There aren't any cooling upgrades.
@Silver-Bolt Trailer Brake Controller? Are you sure about that? My towing package only came with the hitch and wiring harnesses. Pictures?

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Silver-Bolt Trailer Brake Controller? Are you sure about that? My towing package only came with the hitch and wiring harnesses. Pictures?
The Ford Build A Bronco page specifically says that the Towing Capability package "Does not include Trailer Brake Controller."

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Basically have 2 4dr builds narrowed down, OBX Sas, or Wildtrac sas. Both with same options, the obx is 2k less and does not have the Fox 3.0. Will be mostly a road warrior, maybe some light off roading.
I have Fox 2.0 on my JTR, they ride nice, slightly too plush for me, and on 39's, I feel they have too much body roll on the interstate.
I do not need the Fox 3.0 and what they are designed for, but I believe the option alone is over 3k, but the difference in the builds is right at 2k or less, and I know you could not buy 3.0's F and R for that.
Curious on yalls thoughts? Thanks.
Just get the Wildtrak Hoss 3.0. Nothing better than having a factory warranty on expensive parts like these.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 f-250 Tremor 6.7L HO, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am not positive on the controller. I have read on hear that some have it. Mine hasn't been built so I don't know first hand.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When you get the tow package you get wiring harness under the dash to plug n play a brake controller but the controller itself is not provided. If you don't get the tow package you lose all the supporting wiring. The work around is do aftermarket Curt kit with Bluetooth controller
Sponsored