Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius, 1973 F100, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A friend an I attended Bronco Off-Roadeo Nevada yesterday, and it was an absolute blast! I can see the value of attending this no matter what your personal off-roading history is. The guides do a great job walking you through the various technologies that the bronco has to help you off road.

It's 40 minutes from the strip, so make sure you give yourself enough time to get your rental and get out there. The last mile is rough gravel road, so a small suv would be ideal, but you could do it in a car but it would just take a while. You do not need to be there at 7:45, 8is plenty early enough.

You're going to start with registration, which is signing a piece of paper, showing your ID and getting a yeti water bottle.

Then you'll do a quick introduction to the vehicle, and they'll tell you pick your vehicle. You'll head up to the base camp where everyone will introduce themselves and the guides go over some general off road and bronco specific questions. When they start asking questions, you'll get sticker for everyone you answer. You want as many stickers as you can get. Study up on bronco features and general off-roading terms.

Also, when they ask for volunteers you want to volunteer for the third opportunity, it's the most fun, just in front of the water. It was the most exciting of the three demos. Again, you'll get stickers and you definitely want those stickers.

I don't want to spoil anything, as I want you to experience it for yourself, so I won't share anything specific about the trails/obstacles.

After that the guides take you from obstacle to obstacle walking you through all of the major ones. Depending on the skill level of the group, they'll get more or less involved in the simple obstacles.

We got pretty friendly with 2/3 guides, and because of that one of them stayed with us as much as he could and offered us some additional freedom on the trails where he knew I could handle it. He'd hold us back for several minutes and then tell me to totally gun it. There are no high speed sections for the general public, but he let me have a couple where it was reasonably safe and that was cool as hell.

For the obstacles that they guide you through, it's all about focusing on your spotter and absolutely trusting them. They know exactly what the broncos can handle and will push it. For obstacles that you do a great job on, they'll give you another sticker. It's also important that on the drops and downhills that you go very slow, like slower than you think is possible. So much more about the brake than the gas.

Food was pretty decent, lots of opportunities to fill your water bottle and to use the bathroom. Really suggest you do that, I think someone in our group had to pee on the side of the trail.

If you were out there on 5/10, feel free to add photos!

20BDD2E2-745B-41A3-B975-250A4DD714EB.jpeg

5559EDC6-DA28-480A-ACD8-3C19C731ABFD.jpeg
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every experience is different depending on the guides . . . they are not always the same. I was at Nevada Off-Roadeo last year on October 31, and we DID get some straight runs of road to go VERY fast, therefore your comment about it not being for everyone (but just for you) does not reflect everyone's experience, again depending on who the guides are. But you are so right about the overall experience, Nevada is great!

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every experience is different depending on the guides . . . they are not always the same. I was at Nevada Off-Roadeo last year on October 31, and we DID get some straight runs of road to go VERY fast, therefore your comment about it not being for everyone (but just for you) does not reflect everyone's experience, again depending on who the guides are. But you are so right about the overall experience, Nevada is great!
I was in the lead bronco in my group. The guide didn’t handcuff me at all in terms of how fast I could go on the sections with no spotting. In fact, he said he prefers when the guy in front sets a fast pace, we get to do more obstacles as a result.

OP
OP
WillRCTID

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear what you're saying, and that was probably true at the time. The guides specifically told us that they've pulled out the high speed sections and had to change the course a lot.

Reactions: Cat

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear what you're saying, and that was probably true at the time. The guides specifically told us that they've pulled out the high speed sections and had to change the course a lot.
Doesn't surprise me . . . I can see a lot of comparatively inexperienced (read "newbie") off-road hopefuls gunning the vehicle on an unimproved road and going out of control. Makes sense.

Sponsored

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Access road is a piece of cake. We drove it in a Prius. Otherwise, great write up.

OP
OP
WillRCTID

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Access road is a piece of cake. We drove it in a Prius. Otherwise, great write up.
As with everything YMMV. It was pretty washboarded out for me. One guy showed up in his fox body and made it just fine, but I'm sure he took it a fair bit slower than I did.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove that washboard last month in my cousin's Ford Focus. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't a problem either.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Spill it, what's with the stickers? I'm curious now

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outerbanks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We went the week before, the last Sunday of April, had fun, agree that the guides were super cool, Ford put a lot of work into this experience, it is very nice. They took time to make it look good and it doesn't seem like a "pop up event" lots of goodies there, cool gifts, special treats for the original first week hard top order holders in my group. They gave us all a good chunk of Bronco Bucks to spend in the Bronco store.. hoodies, hats, shirts.. all the good stuff.
We went on a Sunday, the time slot was 1-8pm -ish. its a smaller group on Sundays, so they said we get to experience more than the larger groups which is cool. Debated for a bit about going. Glad we did.. very full day of Bronco stuff.

OP
OP
WillRCTID

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spill it, what's with the stickers? I'm curious now
Haha! Depending on your guides, sometimes they offer a ride-along on the Funhaver track for whoever has the most stickers. I got to do that, and it was the most fun I've had in vehicle in many many years.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are no high speed sections for the general public, but he let me have a couple where it was reasonably safe and that was cool as hell.
This was not the case for me on 5/8 (2 days before you). We had Matt and Allen as our guides and the last trail of the day was a trail that ended with a loop at the very top. At the very start of the run, once we passed a trail gate, Matt said to gun it up the hill as fast as I wanted to go.

I was a little nervous about that just because it wasn't my car :) But Matt said it wasn't a problem. It was a total hoot to be bouncing around like a pachinko ball on the washes and kicking up a huge trail of dust. It was the only trail where I was not in the M1 gear. I was in D and probably going 40mph at one point.

I asked him it this was bad for the long-term reliability of the suspension and his answer was "this is what the Bronco was designed to do".

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn't surprise me . . . I can see a lot of comparatively inexperienced (read "newbie") off-road hopefuls gunning the vehicle on an unimproved road and going out of control. Makes sense.
It may have something to do with the amount of dust that gets kicked up and low visibility for everyone except the first couple broncos in the front. I obviously didn’t have that issue being the first in line, but there were some complaints about how dusty it was from people behind me. The broncos mid pack and behind were filthy inside from having windows open.

OP
OP
WillRCTID

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was not the case for me on 5/8 (2 days before you). We had Matt and Allen as our guides and the last trail of the day was a trail that ended with a loop at the very top. At the very start of the run, once we passed a trail gate, Matt said to gun it up the hill as fast as I wanted to go.

I was a little nervous about that just because it wasn't my car :) But Matt said it wasn't a problem. It was a total hoot to be bouncing around like a pachinko ball on the washes and kicking up a huge trail of dust. It was the only trail where I was not in the M1 gear. I was in D and probably going 40mph at one point.

I asked him it this was bad for the long-term reliability of the suspension and his answer was "this is what the Bronco was designed to do".
Interesting! We never went to the top of the hill. Maybe the rest of my group was too slow. 😂
Sponsored