Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 22'
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Final Update

I arrived at the shop to do a test drive for the issue only to find out the lead service advisor who was taking point in the shop was fired. I call this a W only in the sense that there was a reason that things degraded so badly. This person allegedly set the shop back months. All of the customers in the shop but 1 was there to find out what happened to their car. Ranging from weeks to a month of getting no updates.

The person who handled intake of customers gave the techs terrible notes, i read mine, nothing close to what i was describing. The issue as it turns out was a noisy solenoid. The senior tech on-site explained to me that this will quiet down...and of course, it has.

This chapter has come to a close.

The lessons that i have taken away from this are that
- if the shop seems to be in a state of disaster, it is likely due to an important person in the chain failing
- the short drop window fix is something that we may have to fix on our own based on shop traffic
- the 10 speed is noisy and gets better with age as i have noticed
- the seat belt recall is best no to be installed, just makes more unnecessary noise
- persistence pays off, being polite is a every effective tool to get what you need (loaner car)
- do your best to avoid the dealership shop unless absolutely necessary