Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes sense. Thank you! I've driven manual transmissions for 40 years and have never experienced or heard of anything like this before.
It’s a Getrag trait. Search around and you’ll see a lot of them rattle, even the ones in BMWs. The fix seems to be heavier fluid which dampens the rattle. Doubt Ford would ever recommend that because it would probably change the MPGs which would mess with the certs.
Sponsored

Kilgore

Badlands
First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's just a game of metallurgy and tolerances. Metal shrinks and expands depending on the temp, and the synchro rings are friction components to begin with. Impossible to have every piece come out identical and placed into service in similar scenarios.

I too am someone who hasn't had the noise return (yet, anyway). But even if the noise does return... we've seen no evidence of long term damage, and the two transmissions I've personally seen apart with the issue looked flawless. So I'm not too worried about it.
I'm approaching 9k miles since performing the TSB and no noise has returned. My Bronco is a farm rig and gets a lot of use towing near max capacity.

Prior to the TSB, the noise was horrible at all temps. Since, no noise even when temps are in the teens.

Why? No clue. Maybe clean living or a high fiber diet😜

slypops

Badlands
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford F-150 4x4 , 11 JK wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And something has to be broken for there to be a fix. I still have not seen an operational problems just a noise.
Early on in this debacle I have seen the scored and blackened 5th and 6th syncros that have been removed from these vehicles. Not sure I understand, do you only want pieces picked up from the highway to finally qualify as "broken."

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Early on in this debacle I have seen the scored and blackened 5th and 6th syncros that have been removed from these vehicles. Not sure I understand, do you only want pieces picked up from the highway to finally qualify as "broken."
Yes that’s what I want.
Are you trying to say that some thing that is scored and blackened and that is an internal transmission part is broken? because I got some news for you probably most internal parts don’t look good or make you feel good and they’re not broken!

GMC

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It's kind of ironic that Ford's XT-M5-QS is used to solve noise or cold shifting issues in a number of manual transmissions, but isn't used in this application. Has anyone thought of or tried to use it in the Bronco?

Sponsored

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a 2022 Badlands Sasquatch with the manual transmission. I pre-ordered the car in 2021. The “bucket of marbles” transmission noise was driving me crazy. I took it in several times to my Ford dealer. I was told last month(aftwr the service advisor spoke to a regional rep) that Ford engineers are “working on the problem” and will let me know when there is a solution with no date certain…. Otherwise, continue driving the car and no problems will result.

I am sorry. I waited over a year for this “awesome” Bronco and paid about $60k for a fully loaded Badlands Sasquatch. I had 6k in miles on the car. Any transmission that rattles like mine did is not a good transmission and a product issue.

I traded the car in for a new 2024 Land Rover Defender SE. Screw Ford. I so wanted to like the Bronco and will miss the top off annd manual (it did have a nice manual) etc. but Ford really screwed up this model and frankly the Land Rover is MUCH better built. Different car but no regrets.

Bye Ford. Never again.

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW, I got whacked on trade in. $42k (with negotiation). for a low miles Bronco Badlands Sasquatch with no known issues other than the transmission and upgrades. Someone is getting a well kept low mileage used car. I am really disappointed in Ford. I really wanted to keep this car for the lang haul….. is what it is. Kicker is the dealer pushed a new F-150 on me for a replacement in the $70-75k range. Really?!?!

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be so great if Ford was working on a real fix for this issue.
I freaking love this manual transmission but the noise at times drives me crazy.
And yes, it does have TSB 23-2013.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, I got whacked on trade in. $42k (with negotiation). for a low miles Bronco Badlands Sasquatch with no known issues other than the transmission and upgrades. Someone is getting a well kept low mileage used car. I am really disappointed in Ford. I really wanted to keep this car for the lang haul….. is what it is. Kicker is the dealer pushed a new F-150 on me for a replacement in the $70-75k range. Really?!?!
Maybe if wouldn't have kept calling it car it would have caused you less head ache. 42000k for low mile 21 is about right so no you didn't get wacked. Comparing a Bronco to a Landrover is like comparing a Volkswagon to an Audi. If it was such a nice well maintained vehicle why get rid of it.

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is gone. I have no need for Bronco6g anymore. I have a Land Rover Defender, which is my third in 30 years amongst many other cars. JLR has their issues too, but not needed to be discussed here. i no longer own a Ford. I merely posted to let all know what I dealt with regarding the manual transmission. The Land Rover IS a superior car to the Bronco. Sorry Ford troll. Ford quality is sh*t and they are poorly outsourcing engineering specs with no solution. I looked into lemon law, but to establish that will require more time than I want to spend on a poorly made ford engineered product when I can look elsewhere in the market place. The Bronco is a great concept that was poorly executed by Ford. My Slovakian made Defender runs miles on the Ford manufacturing…. Hate to say it.

Sponsored

turbotaz

Badlands
First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 7mt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just crossed 10, and also no issues with the TSB. Have towed long distance a couple of times.

I'm approaching 9k miles since performing the TSB and no noise has returned. My Bronco is a farm rig and gets a lot of use towing near max capacity.

Prior to the TSB, the noise was horrible at all temps. Since, no noise even when temps are in the teens.

Why? No clue. Maybe clean living or a high fiber diet😜

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Bronco is gone. I have no need for Bronco6g anymore. I have a Land Rover Defender, which is my third in 30 years amongst many other cars. JLR has their issues too, but not needed to be discussed here. i no longer own a Ford. I merely posted to let all know what I dealt with regarding the manual transmission. The Land Rover IS a superior car to the Bronco. Sorry Ford troll. Ford quality is sh*t and they are poorly outsourcing engineering specs with no solution. I looked into lemon law, but to establish that will require more time than I want to spend on a poorly made ford engineered product when I can look elsewhere in the market place. The Bronco is a great concept that was poorly executed by Ford. My Slovakian made Defender runs miles on the Ford manufacturing…. Hate to say it.
Wait till you hit 40k on your Defender. See you then lol

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Defender" in name only - unibody and the top doesn't even come off. I'm a long time Land Rover guy and 1972 Series III owner, and as far as I'm concerned the Bronco is more the heir to the original Defender than the current version.

With removable doors/top, ladder frame and manual trans ... in my opinion the Bronco is superior to the new Defender. At least for my usage, the new Defender was not an option. The new Defender might be a superior pavement vehicle though in terms of ride and comfort.

Price wise was not even close, I think the new Defender base MSRP was around 20k more than my Bronco.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all I'm not a troll if you checked my avatar you would know that. Second I've owned Ford products for 40 plus years and have had no real issues. You're just a bitter demanding person who probably bought a Bronco just to be part of the latest fad not because you really wanted one. If Landrovers are so good why didn't you just buy another one in the first place? You didn't pursue lemon laws because you knew you didn't have a leg to stand on. A rattling transmission not associated with any known failures in an otherwise fully functioning vehicle does not warrant lemon laws. Annoying yes but not legally a lemon. Go find a Landrover forum and you'll find they aren't without issues either. Good day:bow::bow::bow:
Sponsored