Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I might get lucky. :( 400 miles, got the rocks getting crushed. 55 deg so not cold related. Crawling down the street in 1st or 2nd gear to avoid the kids, sounded terrible.
Sponsored

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooooo… my bronco now has about 2000 miles on it. As I said earlier in this thread, I noticed the noise immediately when the vehicle had less than 50 miles on it. And I took it back to the dealership right away. That was about two and a half months ago. Flash forward to today, I just got it back from the service dept. They replaced the entire transmission as promised. It only took them one full day to do it. That surprised me. Anyway, the rock crusher noise is completely gone for now. Hopefully Ford got this new replacement tranny right and the noise won’t come back. Just wanted to post my experience here. If you have this weird noise I would get the tranny replaced under warranty.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooooo… my bronco now has about 2000 miles on it. As I said earlier in this thread, I noticed the noise immediately when the vehicle had less than 50 miles on it. And I took it back to the dealership right away. That was about two and a half months ago. Flash forward to today, I just got it back from the service dept. They replaced the entire transmission as promised. It only took them one full day to do it. That surprised me. Anyway, the rock crusher noise is completely gone for now. Hopefully Ford got this new replacement tranny right and the noise won’t come back. Just wanted to post my experience here. If you have this weird noise I would get the tranny replaced under warranty.
Which transmission did they install? I don't think any of the updated ones were out there yet but could be wrong? It would be on the tag which is easy to see on the side of the transmission. Probably on your paperwork as well. The updated version ends in E.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm… paperwork says they installed MB3Z 7003 A
Unfortunately that is the original build transmission, same as what it replaced.

Sponsored

mibi

Badlands
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer did the TSB, 22-2372, replaced the synchro rings for 5th/6th.. it's silky smooth now, no noises. Hennessy Ford did great!

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco I got back in 2021 and this noise started soon after purchase with in first couple thousand miles. The fixes are all over the place from Syncro Rings to full tyranny swaps. I didn't get any repairs done until something more concrete comes out. What I am seeing is it seems to be synchro Rings but unsure.

One thing I believe to have noticed right about the time it started making noise was that my crawler gear felt less "torquee " then when originally purchased and tested. Any ideas if it's related to a crawler gear bearing/syncro etc?

I've been away from Bronco 6g for over a year and coming back to see if any fixes have been found.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco I got back in 2021 and this noise started soon after purchase with in first couple thousand miles. The fixes are all over the place from Syncro Rings to full tyranny swaps. I didn't get any repairs done until something more concrete comes out. What I am seeing is it seems to be synchro Rings but unsure.

One thing I believe to have noticed right about the time it started making noise was that my crawler gear felt less "torquee " then when originally purchased and tested. Any ideas if it's related to a crawler gear bearing/syncro etc?

I've been away from Bronco 6g for over a year and coming back to see if any fixes have been found.
It's the 5-6 synchros. Some got new transmissions most likely because their dealer doesn't have qualified techs to do the internal repair. It's a bit involved and takes a few special tools.

The issue is a rattle and it's not tearing anything up. Getrags are notorious for this. Ford must have changed clearances somewhat to get the rattle to stop. When cold weather hits, we should know for sure if their fix works..

Kbloviak1

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My ‘22 Black Diamond started exhibiting the dreaded “grind” at about 2k miles. Dealer ordered parts - took 6 months to get everything. Dropped vehicle off and was told it’d take 2-3 days. 3.5 weeks later they tell me I need a new transmission. The dealer got Fords approval to straight-up replace it and said that the new tranny will be here “next week”. Hard to believe FMC has 7 speed manual transmissions sitting on a shelf somewhere. So frustrated. After dropping bank for a significant mark-up this has really been a disappointing experience. Don’t even get me started on how the dealer handled my loaner car…

Sponsored

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Originally, mine was the same as everyone else--cold weather, in neutral, clutch released. Wanted the service manager to hear, but by the time I would drive 20 miles to the dealership, sound disappeared. Now in the hot weather, I get the grinding in 1st or second in gear while driving. Finally got the service manager to hear the noise and approve the TSB syncro fix. Take it in Monday. Hope.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does the noise go away when you push in the clutch? If so, it’s throw out bearing. Went through 3 transmissions in a FJ Cruiser with this problem. At 60,000 miles, I punted. I have PTSD from that experience.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the noise go away when you push in the clutch? If so, it’s throw out bearing. Went through 3 transmissions in a FJ Cruiser with this problem. At 60,000 miles, I punted. I have PTSD from that experience.
It does but has nothing to do with the throw out bearing. The 5-6 synchros are what’s rattling.

WestVirginia

Base
First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine has been at the dealership for two weeks. One of the parts won’t come off the manual transmission

WestVirginia

Base
First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Originally, mine was the same as everyone else--cold weather, in neutral, clutch released. Wanted the service manager to hear, but by the time I would drive 20 miles to the dealership, sound disappeared. Now in the hot weather, I get the grinding in 1st or second in gear while driving. Finally got the service manager to hear the noise and approve the TSB syncro fix. Take it in Monday. Hope.
Did they finish the repair?
Sponsored