First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck and godspeed. I had the same replacement in December and it lasted about 500miles before returning.
Wow, that sucks! I did ask the service manager about that happening. At least he said they would simply redo it. This is my first Ford…
I find it sad that they have a newer version (E) that is supposed to correct the issue but do not communicate it well enough to the dealers. No wonder Ford lost over $2 billion to repairs.
I guess so. It’s hard to understand. This is my first and possibly last Ford. It’s a super cool fun car though.
Sponsored

TheRealKilroy

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands/4DR/Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After all of my experiences with this Bronco purchase and following problems; I have to say anything is possible. Ford points at the dealer. Dealer points at Ford: customer get the run around and told to be patient. Ford trying to figure out why stock prices are falling…… maybe because customers are fed up and starting to publicly bitch.? You may be right, but does it really matter. My 60k+ noise maker and I still look stupid at the stoplight. Haha

TheRealKilroy

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Feb 15 2023 I told you that my dealer had decided to order a new transmission vice fixing per the TB. Said it would be in, in 3 days: then when it arrived it was not a manual so they said three weeks. Well Ford and I disagree on the definition of three weeks: I just dropped it off today. The service department did not elaborate, but they said it was an improved transmission. So after waiting for 7,500+ miles and almost 4 months (3 weeks in Ford time) we shall see if the FMC has got it right. Fingers crossed!

TheRealKilroy

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am excites to say my Bronco transmission replacement is complete and no more grinding. However it is 75 degrees and we all know the noise happens normally when it is cold. So fingers crossed. Looking at paperwork, it looks to me as it is not an improved transmission as service manager suggested. Attached for the experts to digest.

IMG_1601.jpeg

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am excites to say my Bronco transmission replacement is complete and no more grinding. However it is 75 degrees and we all know the noise happens normally when it is cold. So fingers crossed. Looking at paperwork, it looks to me as it is not an improved transmission as service manager suggested. Attached for the experts to digest.

IMG_1601.jpeg
I wonder how some dealers are getting out of doing the TSB with this “cost cap” and doing a trans swap. I’m not too confident the replacement transmissions have the latest syncros.

Sponsored

TheRealKilroy

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
June 6th Update: New tranny arrived @ local Ford dealer...Appointment for replacement scheduled in 2 weeks...fingaz crossed!
Dont want to jinx myself (and truly I think I wont know until it gets cold again) but about 3 k miles on the new one including a trip from Chicago to Gunstock Mtn Offrodeo and no issues

Sponsored

Mikk

Big Bend
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FYI: The MT88 noise TSB was updated last week to include 2023 models, not just 21-22. The new TSB number is 23-2019. My 2023 made the noise from the moment I started it up at the dealer when taking delivery in February. It shouldn't have even left the factory, in my opinion. I was hoping it would go away, but it hasn't.

I took it in a few weeks ago, my dealer drove it to another dealer as they don't have a manual transmission mechanic. The noise was confirmed, parts are on order. No idea when they'll get them, but at least a repair has been approved.

Eviljazz

Big Bend
First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Canada here, same issue. Took 2 months to get TSB parts. Now my bronco is at the dealer for 2 weeks and they seems pretty clueless about reassembled everything correctly. No idea when i will get my truck back. First ford and probably last. However i love my 2 doors Bronco!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Canada here, same issue. Took 2 months to get TSB parts. Now my bronco is at the dealer for 2 weeks and they seems pretty clueless about reassembled everything correctly. No idea when i will get my truck back. First ford and probably last. However i love my 2 doors Bronco!

CGWBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spreadsheet Updated - The TSB was competed by my dealer ~4 weeks ago and I have experienced no grinding issues to date (have only driven ~1000 miles post TSB). My service tech advised fluid was clear and no other transmission parts showed wear. Currently living with Texas' summer heat, will advise if anything changes come fall. Feeling good so far about the TSB process and new parts from Ford - my dealer was easy to deal with and they have a seasoned transmission tech (something I checked on before having them perform the TSB). Hoping this is it and Ford has solved the problem properly (time will tell) ... good luck to everyone on your fixes, keep the faith!

Last edited:

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am trying to narrow down the high dose of information on this.

Is it the Syncros or not? Is there an updated tranny with new syncros? I've seen alot of people talk about replacing their transmission with exact same tranny no noise initially but then it comes back.

I'd rather just get syncros fixed. Sure hope @Ford is listening going on 2 years with the noise.
Sponsored

Last edited: