Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is everyone here shifting at what I consider to be really low RPMs? If you are shifting below 2K RPM, you will get some noise.

I regularly shift at 2.5K or higher. I always have on all of my vehicles.
Sponsored

BroncoFS

Black Diamond
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata (“So-not-a” Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this happening only on the manual?

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have this noise as well, currently only really in first or maybe second, its mostly when slowly down at a stop light.

Ive had the Bronco 8 days, and it had 14km on it, always made this noise. 600km on it now, I havent taken it back to the dealer yet as its only when cold, sounds very similar to the video and what others have described.

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will say that my 2011 Wrangler has had a noisy throwout bearing since it was less than a year old with 5K miles and it is still making the noise at 82K miles and I have never had transmission work done on it. It also has seen quite a lot of off-road abuse.
My build week was: built the week of April 25, 2022.

I have 3k on mine now and the Ford dealership shop foreman did a ride-a-long with me yesterday, and he had the service gal write up "sounds like a bunch of rocks rolling around in transmission" on my ticket.

So now I wait until they can get me in. In the meantime he is doing research on TSB's before my appointment on Nov 28th.

Last edited:
OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is everyone here shifting at what I consider to be really low RPMs? If you are shifting below 2K RPM, you will get some noise.

I regularly shift at 2.5K or higher. I always have on all of my vehicles.
I shift at~3k ish. Once you get into 3rd gear you dont hear it as the road noise overpowers this. But if you roll to stop with clutch in or out, you hear the "rocks rolling around".

Sounds like you got lucky on your tranny.

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build week was: built the week of April 25, 2022.

I have 3k on mine now and the Ford dealership shop foreman did a ride-a-long with me yesterday, and he had the service gal write up "sounds like a bunch of rocks rolling around in transmission" on my ticket.

So now I wait until they can get me in. In the meantime he is doing research on TSB's before my appointment on Nov 28th.
This is good. I was going to suggest a ride-along. The person that experiences it must recreate it. Recorded videos do not reproduce it accurately. You will most likely never get satisfaction without the tech or service manager riding along while you drive it.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t get lucky as I think what is being experienced is the minority. I haven’t seen a video yet that reproduces it

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is good. I was going to suggest a ride-along. The person that experiences it must recreate it. Recorded videos do not reproduce it accurately. You will most likely never get satisfaction without the tech or service manager riding along while you drive it.
Yes, I was very happy that the Ford shop foreman heard it right away. As soon as he got into the Bronco and i took off, i just chuckled and said "is that it". We then drove around about 15 minutes and getting up to about 45mph and tested multiple speeds and gears where he also heard it. However after about 3rd gear the wind/road/tire noise drowns it out.

Also would like to point out, dealership is 35 minutes away and so vehicle and tranny was nice and warmed up when he had the ride-a-long.

MittenManual

Badlands
First Name
JuliAnne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked mine up on 11/5. The dealership is 134 miles away, there was no noise on the way home but shifting was SUPER stiff. Hit the 250 mile mark on the way home from work 11/6 and thought I had picked up rocks somewhere. Glad to know someone else had issue early and will be calling my dealer on Monday, as it looks like this isn't just a "breaking in" noise.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scheduled 11/14, I hope this is addressed soon.

Sponsored

anniefannie14

Base
First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
May 22 build and I have the same noise. Dealership had it for 2 weeks, changed the transmission fluid, had an Engineer look at it, couldn’t figure it out. Finally got Ford to approve a new transmission. Now waiting on that. Was told Ford said it’s normal to make some noise ( I don’t think this noise is normal for a brand new car) also was told Ford said if they replace the transmission and the new one does it that they won’t replace it again. I think that’s a bunch of bull. Paid way to much for it to sound louder than my husbands diesel truck.

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
May 22 build and I have the same noise. Dealership had it for 2 weeks, changed the transmission fluid, had an Engineer look at it, couldn’t figure it out. Finally got Ford to approve a new transmission. Now waiting on that. Was told Ford said it’s normal to make some noise ( I don’t think this noise is normal for a brand new car) also was told Ford said if they replace the transmission and the new one does it that they won’t replace it again. I think that’s a bunch of bull. Paid way to much for it to sound louder than my husbands diesel truck.
I hope you’re kidding about not replacing the replacement transmission if it goes bad too. I had my transmission replaced 2 months ago and the sound is back but I’ve gotten radio silence from Ford and my dealer after telling them the new transmission was a dud a month ago. Spent way too much money and waited far too long to buy my first brand new car to sound like this

anniefannie14

Base
First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope you’re kidding about not replacing the replacement transmission if it goes bad too. I had my transmission replaced 2 months ago and the sound is back but I’ve gotten radio silence from Ford and my dealer after telling them the new transmission was a dud a month ago. Spent way too much money and waited far too long to buy my first brand new car to sound like this
Not kidding, that’s what the service guy at my dealership told me when I picked it up yesterday while we wait for the new one to come in.

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
8/15/22 build date. I also notice the same sound, which does dissipate in 3rd gear.
Might be due to more road noise at that elevated speed.
I pick up a pinging sound (through back to the nock/ping sounds w/ bad gas in the 70s/80s) when you throttle up

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After a month wait, the dealership called and said Ford wants to do a sound probe test to pinpoint the issue on my replacement transmission that has started making noise. Back to square 1. I just wish Ford would acknowledge the issue and at least let us know they are working on a fix instead of keeping us in a revolving door at the dealership. It seems that every dealer and even Ford has no idea where to go at this point and us as owners are left in the dark with a car that sounds like it has a rock tumbler for a transmission.
Sponsored