Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am trying to narrow down the high dose of information on this.

Is it the Syncros or not? Is there an updated tyranny with new syncros? I've seen alot of people talk about replacing their transmission with exact same tyranny no noise initially but then it comes back.

I'd rather just get syncros fixed. Sure hope @Ford is listening going on 2 years with the noise.
The ones with issues had their tranny or synchos replaced before the updated parts came out which was about in March / April of this year.
Sponsored

Sapper5

Base
First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer XLT & 2004 Ford Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all - had my 5th and 6th gear synchros replaced per TSB. All is well so far and will monitor when weather gets colder.

Note, the dealer did bust open the rear output shaft seal upon re-installation but upon delivery I noticed it was leaking and they immediately repaired everything. Everything works as it should. I'm calling it a success so far.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took mine in to the dealer for this issue, and they were of course able to immediately replicate the issue. But they won't pursue the repair because, get this, "The TSB doesn't apply because the noise is also present when the vehicle is warmed up".

i.e. 'The problem is even worse than the known problem, so therefore not a problem'.

I told them they should expect to hear from @Ford Motor Company

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took mine in to the dealer for this issue, and they were of course able to immediately replicate the issue. But they won't pursue the repair because, get this, "The TSB doesn't apply because the noise is also present when the vehicle is warmed up".

i.e. 'The problem is even worse than the known problem, so therefore not a problem'.

I told them they should expect to hear from @Ford Motor Company
The TSB says “may be more noticeable in ambient temps below 10°C (50°F)”
That doesn’t mean it won’t happen over that temperature or when warmed up.

Bring it to a different dealership, because that one is obviously clueless

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The TSB says “may be more noticeable in ambient temps below 10°C (50°F)”
That doesn’t mean it won’t happen over that temperature or when warmed up.

Bring it to a different dealership, because that one is obviously clueless
It's a tiny dealer, and I get the impression that they don't have any technicians that could disassemble then reassemble a transmission. Judging by all the examples in this thread of dealers failing to perform this TSB correctly, I wouldn't dare take it to any dealer that hasn't successfully performed this repair.

Sponsored

Zero Options

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now that temps have dropped where I live; my 2023 base has started making the noise. It goes away completely after warming up for a few minutes. I think I am going to wait it out a bit and see what happens?

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that temps have dropped where I live; my 2023 base has started making the noise. It goes away completely after warming up for a few minutes. I think I am going to wait it out a bit and see what happens?
Solid plan. I put 15k on between first hearing the noise and finally getting the TSB done and never had any problems.

TheRealKilroy

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands/4DR/Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is how mine started and it will only get worse. Take it to Ford, they likely will not fix it but rather replace it and the new transmission takes a while. Knock on wood: that fixed my problem. You dont want to have to wait another year for it to get cold again like I had to to see if it was actually fixed. Just my 2 cents

Zero Options

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is how mine started and it will only get worse. Take it to Ford, they likely will not fix it but rather replace it and the new transmission takes a while. Knock on wood: that fixed my problem. You dont want to have to wait another year for it to get cold again like I had to to see if it was actually fixed. Just my 2 cents
That's also a good point; I think the plan is to get through the holiday season and bring in late Jan or Feb while it is still cold.

Thank you to everyone who has chimed in on this.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: Had revision D synchros put into my 22 last summer. So far so good this winter, sub freezing temps and no grinding after a thousand miles. Shifts just as good as before.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update: After a couple of days of driving with the new synchros (D) installed the noise has returned.

Chupacabra55

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Count me in too. Noticed it on the way home from the dealer. Glad to know what it is, but did notice that it seems to fade away (or at least I don't notice it) after a while. Bought a used Bronco at 10k miles so break-in isn't a factor.

Been a GM/import family and never had any issues, and this is my first time buying a Ford, so we'll see if it was a mistake to take the chance.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been a GM/import family and never had any issues, and this is my first time buying a Ford, so we'll see if it was a mistake to take the chance.
It’s not only a Ford issue. It’s Getrag related. GM’s Fiero had the Getrag Rattle. BMWs as well as others too. No excuse though. I’ve owned many M/T vehicles over the years and none rattled. None were Getrags so I guess that’s why.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: Had revision D synchros put into my 22 last summer. So far so good this winter, sub freezing temps and no grinding after a thousand miles. Shifts just as good as before.
update:

still no grinding, but.. when I went to change the oil I noticed something odd. is there a missing transmission bolt in this photo? looks like the tech might have missed a bolt.. but i’m not sure. can someone confirm for me?

Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's IMG_2705

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

update:

still no grinding, but.. when I went to change the oil I noticed something odd. is there a missing transmission bolt in this photo? looks like the tech might have missed a bolt.. but i’m not sure. can someone confirm for me?

Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's IMG_2705
A bolt doesn't go there. There is a dowel in there to line up the case, midplate and rear case section.
Sponsored