First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m having a similar noise. Seems to happen when turn right down the road. Sounds like metal on metal and very light. Like a dust cover on the wheel. Not constant but just started yesterday. To me it sounds like the passenger front wheel.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m having a similar noise. Seems to happen when turn right down the road. Sounds like metal on metal and very light. Like a dust cover on the wheel. Not constant but just started yesterday. To me it sounds like the passenger front wheel.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

morank9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a similar issue. 2023 4 door Black Diamond 2.3 AT. Going to take a look at it Sunday as mine sounds like drivers side front wheel

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a similar issue. 2023 4 door Black Diamond 2.3 AT. Going to take a look at it Sunday as mine sounds like drivers side front wheel
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

morank9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After scheduling an appointment and being told 3-5 business days to diagnose, I pulled the tire off finally. Dust shield was bent onto the rotor. 10 minutes and 1 cold beer later, the noise is gone.
Ford Bronco LOUD Rotational Metal Scraping Noise @ Rear Passenger Wheel IMG_5095

Last edited:

KansasRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1979 Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a simular event occur where all of a sudden my Bronco sounded like an old Chicago "L" train. It sounded like a caliper had come loose, so I jacked it up and took the 37" rim off the suspected spot (pass/rear) and found a hard rock (not sedimentary) trapped between the dust shield and back side of the rotor. No visual damage to the rotor; removed rock and all good. My point being that it always pays to eliminate the simplest and cheapest causes first. I cancelled my dealership appointment and got 5 hours of my life back, less the 45 minutes of my own time.
Sponsored