First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 21 has this noise, always has. Up to 14.5K miles. Built in Oct 21. I have had zero issues other than the noise. After reading on the forums last week I tried to pinpoint the noise and have deduced that: 1. It's only happening when cold, like 30F or below. 2. It goes away when I push in the clutch. Dealer made some notes last week and am going back in a couple more for them to fix my tailgate *they almost drilled through* when installed the tailgate table last year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my bronco back and they said "Compared to like vehicle, found that this is a normal characteristics of the vehicle" and "checked for TSB's or SSM's and found none".

So basically we they dont know and until Ford officially says something it's a non issue.

Ford Bronco Strange Grinding/scraping noise from 22 Badlands 7MT 1669854961751

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got mine back today. They ran a bunch of tests. checked the transmission fluid for particles (none). As of now the noise is normal and they are calling it engagement of the gears. And contact pattern of the gears. All bearing etc are good. No leaks. No. trouble shifting etc. Will keep following but won't worry about it until something more substantial pops up.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got mine back today. They ran a bunch of tests. checked the transmission fluid for particles (none). As of now the noise is normal and they are calling it engagement of the gears. And contact pattern of the gears. All bearing etc are good. No leaks. No. trouble shifting etc. Will keep following but won't worry about it until something more substantial pops up.
And it very well may be, I just don't understand when I'm sitting still why it still makes the noise. There shouldn't be any contact.

joeyha

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Canadian 2 door Manual Black Diamond owner here. May 2 / 22 Build Week.

Took the truck in a month or so ago for this same noise as OP, dealer swapped transmission. Pretty easy experience. Sound came back on a brand new transmission about 300 miles later, exact same noise. Super annoying. Ford now wants to test vs. a like vehicle but there are none available in my area. Ford is trying to pass off as a normal noise, but why would you give approval to replace a transmission the first time with that same noise?

I hope there's a TSB soon, this a'int a normal noise IMO.

Reactions: djp

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Took the truck in a month or so ago for this same noise as OP, dealer swapped transmission. Pretty easy experience. Sound came back on a brand new transmission about 300 miles later, exact same noise. Super annoying. Ford now wants to test vs. a like vehicle but there are none available in my area. Ford is trying to pass off as a normal noise, but why would you give approval to replace a transmission the first time with that same noise?

Yikes, not what I wanted to hear

mine is in for a transmission replacement as I type

In Ontario

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my bronco back and they said "Compared to like vehicle, found that this is a normal characteristics of the vehicle" and "checked for TSB's or SSM's and found none".

So basically we they dont know and until Ford officially says something it's a non issue.

Ford Bronco Strange Grinding/scraping noise from 22 Badlands 7MT 1669854961751
hopefully this helps

Ford Bronco Strange Grinding/scraping noise from 22 Badlands 7MT bronco 22-2371

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you very much... Do you know what the service procedure is? Much appreciated
It's a complete transmission disassembly to gain access and replace the 5th and 6th gear synchronizer rings.

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a complete transmission disassembly to gain access and replace the 5th and 6th gear synchronizer rings.
Thank's i've been reposting that TSB in other threads i've been following too, thx!

Sponsored

ozzz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has been at dealer for 3 weeks. they are "not sure" what is making the noise. Will forward them the TSB. Thank you for posting. Hopefully will make some sense to them

Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

See the other thread about this that I posted on regarding why a replacement MT might have the same problem. Being either a bad part in available stock, or that the transmission ships wet to the dealer and that from the supplier it's improperly filled with lubricant via their manufacturing process. Hence the return noise and subsequent return of the noise after parts are damaged again.

All just theory at this point.

If you can get your dealer to tell you if the replacement was shipped with or without lubricant, I think that information may be helpful.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

22 Badlands 7MT, 2900 miles

I am hearing a strange grinding/scraping sound when driving my bronco. Anyone else have this?

I finally took a video today. The light grinding/scraping noise can be heard throughout the video but especially at these times below.

Turn your speakers up.

:07 - :13
1:05 - 1:22
1:40 - 1:42

== UPDATE: ==
The OP on this other thread, has confirmed same noise he had on his 7MT and his transmission was replaced. Other thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...review-10-000-miles.49984/page-2#post-1651758

== UPDATE 2 (Nov 30, 2022) ==

== UPDATE 3 (Dec 15, 2022) ==
Someone sent me the TSB, here it is: 22-2371
I've been told service is:

== UPDATE 4 (Jan 4, 2023) ==
Dropped off the rig for the TSB. Dealership said they will likely have it for a week.

I did also upload a new video of the sound:

Have you heard anything from Ford Motor Company or spoke to anyone from Ford Motor Company about your issue?
Sponsored