First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully they get your tranny issues resolved. Are you getting a new tranny? Manual transmissions can have defects just like anything else and I went through this once with a Jeep TJ Wrangler I bought new. Frustrating experience and had to go to 3 different dealers before finally one acknowledged the manual transmission was defective- had way too much slop in it and clunked badly when taking your foot off of the gas- or getting back on the gas. Got a new tranny it was great after.
They are replacing the whole thing, thankfully. Hoping that closes the book on this one - feeling that clunk when driving is a bit maddening.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GtownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a 4dr MIC top BL 7sp and am fortunate that I don't have any of the issue you mentioned. I really don't have any rattles and can drive with the windows partially down without issue. Aside from the ergonomic issues I posted about in my review, the only thing that continues to bother me but is only noticeable at speeds above 65mph is the wind noise. I took off the roof racks (mainly because you can't take the MIC roof panels off otherwise) and that helped, but even with that change, once you get up to 70mph the wind noise gets really loud, but I guess that is the tradeoff when driving an aerodynamic brick.

But with all the issues you are having, it makes me wonder how much are "design issues" vs "assembly issues".

So many articles out recently lambasting Ford on poor quality issues: Ford Faces Problem With Bronco (msn.com)

I did need to have Ford re-align my passenger rear window, not for noise, but because it was snagging on the rubber seals when opening the door. When it went in for an oil change, they "re-hung" the window and now all is fine.

I do hope they get your issues sorted out as it can detract from the overall ownership experience. My Bronco is going on its first road trip in two weeks to Montana to see family and to get a little dirty up in the Bitterroot Mountains and I hope it is uneventful (glad I do not have to worry about the 2.7L valve issues)

Will also be my first chance to see if 100% highway driving makes a difference in gas mileage. I can drive 100% streets and up to 60/40 hwy/street combo and I get 16.5 to 17.5mpg no matter what I do. I don't know how some folks on this forum are seeing low 20s. I have never even seen 18mpg.
I have a soft top and readjusted it a few times and have reduced wind noise quite a bit.

I've found that I can get 20mpg off the highway here in the country. Once I'm on the highway it drops to 17/18 especially if I'm going over 65.

Hope you have a good trip and get to ride with the top down!

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My issues so far 2 door black diamond manual base 4a. at 4500 miles

1. Window rattle when partly down
2. Door hits the door sill
3. Random parking brake failure (usually randomly after a drive) but fixes itself if I turn the car back on.

Will take it in when I do the recall and ready for an oil change.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My issues so far 2 door black diamond manual base 4a. at 4500 miles

1. Window rattle when partly down
2. Door hits the door sill
3. Random parking brake failure (usually randomly after a drive) but fixes itself if I turn the car back on.

Will take it in when I do the recall and ready for an oil change.
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

925402BF-8738-4F6E-9F08-5E4537EEA0A4.jpeg

The good
I love this goddamn car! Despite the issues in the next section. I picked it up in December.

I've had so much fun with it. I love the off-road features, Ford's success building and marketing Bronco as a brand, Off rodeo, everything. It handles like a beast off road (i do wish I had a couple of 10-speed only features).

I've got a Badlands mid trim. Love the interior, feel of the ride, taking the rag top down.

Even the gas mileage is better than I thought.

And yet...

The Bad
Shortly after picking up the car, I noticed a grinding/scraping sound. Took it to the dealer 3 times and they didn't hear it until I sat them in the car and drove the around. That was at 1500, 5500, and finally around 7800 miles. Turns out I need a new tranny. It's all over the forum bit Ford has kept this generally quiet. How did the repair go? I'll tell you when it happens. Still waiting for the part 🤦🏻‍♂️. This really sucks and the noise gets worse daily. Started in just idle. Now I hear it driving in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

I've also noticed the entire car shakes over any bump or defect in the road. Literally a pebble. The dealer asked me if I've ever driven a truck before! He's seen us in our F150 with 33s! This is less on Ford but I'm still fighting the dealer to get them to check the balance and alignment.

The A pillar airbag covers both rattle and it drives me up a wall. The entire ride is a rattle.

The panels above the front windows are both coming apart and falling off their clips.

Rear passenger side panel is popping out where it wraps around above the lift gate hinge.

Wanna drive with the windows cracked? They will shake until they scare the god out of you. They need to be fully up or almost fully down.

I've also noticed very recently the acceleration feels weak but might be related to the tranny issues?? Also, I was driving up a small hill (maybe 8% grade) in 4L and it was struggling.

Anyway, i want to love this car - and I do mostly - but it's starting to fade a little.

(Sigh)

@GtownBronco

Is this the sound you are hearing from your tranny?
I am getting the grinding sound too and took a video

I also have a strange grinding noise coming from my 22 Badlands 7MT, 2900 miles

I finally took a video today. The light grinding/scraping noise can be heard throughout the video but especially at these times below.

Turn your speakers up

:07 - :13
1:05 - 1:22
1:40 - 1:42

Sponsored
OP
OP

GtownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@djp this is exactly the sound. I'd get that to the dealer asap. Didn't effect driving for a while but took time to get the part.

Id copy Ford here and insist on a full replacement. I wouldn't trust a dealer to do the rebuild.

So far it's been good since replacement but I did hear a sound the other day and got worried the new one was doing the same thing 😬. I'll update the thread if I hear it again.

Good luck!

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@djp this is exactly the sound. I'd get that to the dealer asap. Didn't effect driving for a while but took time to get the part.

Id copy Ford here and insist on a full replacement. I wouldn't trust a dealer to do the rebuild.

So far it's been good since replacement but I did hear a sound the other day and got worried the new one was doing the same thing 😬. I'll update the thread if I hear it again.

Good luck!
I’ve got that exact sound coming from my 2021 7MT. About 10k on the truck now and it’s starting to do it all the time. It used to be more common when the temps went down last winter but it seems to be happening regardless of the temp. Sounds like a dealer trip is necessary soon.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
@GtownBronco

Is this the sound you are hearing from your tranny?
I am getting the grinding sound too and took a video

I also have a strange grinding noise coming from my 22 Badlands 7MT, 2900 miles

I finally took a video today. The light grinding/scraping noise can be heard throughout the video but especially at these times below.

Turn your speakers up

:07 - :13
1:05 - 1:22
1:40 - 1:42

What if you run through the gears?

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if you run through the gears?
I dont hear it past 3rd as the road/wind noise is too great.

Running through gears does nothing. I drove it 30 minutes to dealer and did a ride-along and even after 30min of driving, as soon as he jumped in the vehicle and I rolled away, he heard it. My service ticket, written by the shop foreman at the Ford dealership says "sounds like a bunch of rolling rocks"

OP
OP

GtownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company @djp

So I've had the new tranny for about 1000 miles and I hear that sound again. I was pretty sure I heard it within a couple hundred miles but as soon as the cold kicked in I really noticed it and much louder than the last time.

I can't express how disappointing this is. As others on this thread can probably attest to, getting in a badass (and not cheap) truck and hearing that sound really drags you down.

I'm really surprised that Ford hasn't properly identified the cause of the issue.

@Ford Motor Company I'm publically raising my hand and offering my vehicle to get to the bottom of this issue. Bring me a Bronco loaner and come figure out what is actually happening here. Clearly the dealers can't diagnose it and, honestly, at this point shouldn't have to.

When we read about the high cost of warranty issues that Ford is dealing with, it's easy to understand why.

😟

Sponsored

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company @djp

So I've had the new tranny for about 1000 miles and I hear that sound again. I was pretty sure I heard it within a couple hundred miles but as soon as the cold kicked in I really noticed it and much louder than the last time.

I can't express how disappointing this is. As others on this thread can probably attest to, getting in a badass (and not cheap) truck and hearing that sound really drags you down.

I'm really surprised that Ford hasn't properly identified the cause of the issue.

@Ford Motor Company I'm publically raising my hand and offering my vehicle to get to the bottom of this issue. Bring me a Bronco loaner and come figure out what is actually happening here. Clearly the dealers can't diagnose it and, honestly, at this point shouldn't have to.

When we read about the high cost of warranty issues that Ford is dealing with, it's easy to understand why.

😟
I am also in the gravel in the transmission crowd. Bronco currently at the dealer. Haven't heard back yet. But pretty sure I don't want new transmission until you @Ford Motor Company Figure this out. Want to love my bronco again.

Mmartin52

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well i guess im getting the same sound, little worried now, started at about 800 miles on my Black Diamond 2 door- was supposed to read to Texas this weekend for the off road class- little hesitant, was actually gonna post the sound on this site to see what people thought it might be guess i have my answer -

Mmartin52

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is the video- seems like the same sound

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup. that's it. Bronco still at the dealer. Techs both have covid so won't find out anything until next week.

Reactions: djp

Mmartin52

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Shoot I was hoping that wasn't it- good luck with yours