Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never paid much attention to the MT grinding posts because I'm not hearing anything, but with 2 TSBs now I'm wondering if I'm just oblivious and I should be more concerned.

Are the problems super obvious, or really only if you're keyed in?
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i tried getting mine serviced for the netral-idle and 1st/2nd gear gringing noises but my dealer said they couldnt hear the issue. Anybody remember what the TSB number was for that issue? Also, what is this AA transmission im seeing in the above comments? i havent been on b6g as much since i finally took delivery, so i missed that conversation.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've never paid much attention to the MT grinding posts because I'm not hearing anything, but with 2 TSBs now I'm wondering if I'm just oblivious and I should be more concerned.

The ones I have heard are pretty noticeable. However, some are louder then others.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i tried getting mine serviced for the netral-idle and 1st/2nd gear gringing noises but my dealer said they couldnt hear the issue. Anybody remember what the TSB number was for that issue? Also, what is this AA transmission im seeing in the above comments? i havent been on b6g as much since i finally took delivery, so i missed that conversation.
23-2019 for the other TSB
The AA transmission is the original transmission before Ford fixed some issues and it was superseded to the revised AB transmission.
AA and AB are just the last letters of the engineering number on the transmission tag.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, what is this AA transmission im seeing in the above comments? i havent been on b6g as much since i finally took delivery, so i missed that conversation.
They made an update someti in March/April of this year, there is a tag on the transmission that says AA or AB. Easy to find, crawl under and you can see it. Mine was built on 4/20 and mine says AB. I do not know what the exact cutoff date was. Of note, I am at 5K miles and no problems.

Sponsored

d4rkprnce

Badlands
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021 Badlands Self Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine grinds occasionally going into third but it’s usually due to a communication error between my brain and my left foot. Third seems to be the only gear I forget I have to move the shifter before I lift up on the clutch.
Samesies 😂

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They made an update someti in March/April of this year, there is a tag on the transmission that says AA or AB. Easy to find, crawl under and you can see it. Mine was built on 4/20 and mine says AB. I do not know what the exact cutoff date was. Of note, I am at 5K miles and no problems.
Mine had a blend date of 3/30 and has an AB tagged 7MT. 760 miles on it and its been in dealer service 7 and a half weeks and counting for a transmission oil leak, among other warrantied issues.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My trans makes the rotation scraping sound at cold start around 50 degrees F. It's noticeable if I don't have the hvac on high, or blaring my devil music. Goes away after a few seconds or a minute. Not very cold here in the valley of the sun, so it doesn't worry me much. Transmission shifts flawless otherwise.

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine grinds occasionally going into third but it’s usually due to a communication error between my brain and my left foot. Third seems to be the only gear I forget I have to move the shifter before I lift up on the clutch.
This TSB came out about a month ago, but here is the information for anyone interested or that has this concern.

While similar, this is a separate issue from the other 5th/6th gear synchronizer TSB and doesn't appear to cause grinding/noise except for the specific gear engagement listed.

1696277339286.png

1696277358243.png
I dropped my 2 door mansquatch off at my dealer yesterday - same issue - drivetrain warning ⚠ came up as well

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built February :/
Sponsored