First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EXPIDITION
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Added mine to the list.....Dealer opened up tranny claiming 2023 MY not on TSB...has requested replacement tranny form FORD I am at 8 days without vehicle. Asked for a loaner was told to contact Ford for rental reimbursement.
Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added mine to the list.....Dealer opened up tranny claiming 2023 MY not on TSB...has requested replacement tranny form FORD I am at 8 days without vehicle. Asked for a loaner was told to contact Ford for rental reimbursement.
Me too. My dealer opened a claim. New tranny. But was told it's OK to drive. Doesn't feel like it's OK since it sounds like a cement mixer, but I've been driving it maybe 10 miles a day or so. Hasn't gotten better or worse. 258 miles so far...

mansqchbaser

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Garage
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update on my repairs. They still have my car(since 2/24), no loaner, no ETA on back ordered part, and they won't give it back until the repairs are done. Is this how it is with Ford? Maybe I should've bought that Defender instead.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update on my repairs. They still have my car(since 2/24), no loaner, no ETA on back ordered part, and they won't give it back until the repairs are done. Is this how it is with Ford? Maybe I should've bought that Defender instead.
Call the Ford customer service hotline. You should be entitled to a loaner or rental

Sullied

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
With a 2022 Base 7MT in Alaska starting it's break in period in October, the noise wasn't apparent until about 700 miles in November when temps here were hitting -30F. Even with a heater pad installed since day 1 on the transmission and plugged in every night. I even checked the oil level before driving it every day since I saw that could have been a cause. Oil level was filled all the way.

Around 1,200mi I did the first oil change for the engine switching it to 0w-30 for the winter later in November. Double checked the oil level in the transmission again but it was still good.

Now its been 5 months, and I'm at 5,200mi and the noise has slowly progressed into 1st and 2nd gear even after driving for more than an hour, and continues to make noise even while hot and in neutral. I've also begun to notice a strange burning smell after long drives around town and on highway going back home. The noise is easy to ignore, and with the radio at volume 4, you'll never notice it's even there.

After noticing everyone's issues with the TSB and no fix in sight other than a good roll of the dice. I'm going to video document my noise level currently. Then change my fluid to a non-oem brand (switching to Mobil 1 full synthetic for my engine made cold starts a lot less dramatic; used to be very noisy before). I have the sense that Ford may be using (not the sole cause of course) an inferior and cheaper oil in the transmissions that is leading to poor lubricity in the cold.

AS for driving habits, I never lug my motor or downshift without at least double clutching to rev match. RPMs while driving are typically 2200-2700 and while accelerating shifting at 3200-4000.
Stock wheels still, all season 30" tires on those silver steel rims and no chip tune.

I will likely just continue to document this issue until the unit begins to lose gears or blows the case apart completely. If the TSB won't fix it and neither will a new transmission at this time, then there seems to be no reason to waste months of my time with the dealership.

***Edit: Seeing there's no aftermarket fluid that meets Ford's WSS-M2C200-D2 spec or exceeds it. I'll just let this transmission ride til it grenades. I got a J20 Jeep to drive when/if this MT88 blows it's Chinese casing out of this Bronco.***

Last edited:

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the infamous plastic clip (backordered to May 15)... and also where it goes

Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's 1679341458881

Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's 1679341458881
Well, unless your batch of back ordered parts somehow arrives with the clip and a set of updated synchro rings, youā€™d end up doing the TSB work all over again.

I was back ordered for 8+ weeks waiting on TSB parts, then found out the ones I waited on are the original -C synchro rings not the updated ā€œfixedā€ -D revision

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, unless your batch of back ordered parts somehow arrives with the clip and a set of updated synchro rings, youā€™d end up doing the TSB work all over again.

I was back ordered for 8+ weeks waiting on TSB parts, then found out the ones I waited on are the original -C synchro rings not the updated ā€œfixedā€ -D revision
Well after 70 days of my vehicle at dealership, they have now ordered me a new transmission.

However backordered and ETA available 1st week of April....

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the infamous plastic clip (backordered to May 15)... and also where it goes

What does it do? Part of the shift fork / rod assembly?

Are you a tech? If so, is this about the same cluster as tearing apart a MT82 or is it a lot easier to get in there to do the synchro replacement?

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does it do? Part of the shift fork / rod assembly?

Are you a tech? If so, is this about the same cluster as tearing apart a MT82 or is it a lot easier to get in there to do the synchro replacement?
Not a tech, just a boy w/o a bronco

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a tech, just a boy w/o a bronco
Thatā€™s cool. Was just curious how big of a job the repair was. Their MT82 doesnā€™t look fun to work on.

Last edited:

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

are you implying the grinding issue is being fixed by updated synchro rings? I did not know they had updated any parts yet

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Call the Ford customer service hotline. You should be entitled to a loaner or rental
We are. Ford told me that they reimburse $45/day for a Ford vehicle rental or $40/day for a non-Ford. They will not reimburse you until repairs are complete on your vehicle so donā€™t drop it off at the dealer if they are just going to keep it while waiting on backorder parts. Youā€™ll be stuck with the rental car bill until your Bronco is fully fixed. Ask me how I know.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are you implying the grinding issue is being fixed by updated synchro rings? I did not know they had updated any parts yet
I donā€™t think we have enough data to know for sure if the -D rings are any better, but yes the original 5/6 synchro rings have been superseded by an updated part. MU7Z-7107-C has been superseded by MU7Z-7107-D
Sponsored