EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who has had a bad throw out bearing on their Manual Transmission Bronco?

I’ve had a weird noise on my 7MT Badlands since the day I brought it home, which I created a post about a few weeks ago (linked below). I took it to the dealership and they just diagnosed a bad throw out bearing. I’m wondering how widespread this issue is?

Link to my original thread (w/ videos of issue):
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/7mt-badlands-noise-at-low-speeds.51802/#post-1551097

Link to a helpful thread I found regarding 7MT issues:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-3-manual-engine-trans-noise.33282/page-11#post-1558543
Sponsored

Hicksnstix

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Fairlane, 2022 Bronco Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, let us know because everyone with the same sounds gets different “causes” from the dealer. I have the same sound and it is starting to become worse. It started about 700 miles for just a minute or so now at 5k it is still doing it in my work parking lot after driving 30-40 minutes.

From what I’ve seen most suspected throw out bearing issues but upon dealer investigation it was fine and they ended up swapping the whole trans.

OP
OP
EVH1994

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, let us know because everyone with the same sounds gets different “causes” from the dealer. I have the same sound and it is starting to become worse. It started about 700 miles for just a minute or so now at 5k it is still doing it in my work parking lot after driving 30-40 minutes.

From what I’ve seen most suspected throw out bearing issues but upon dealer investigation it was fine and they ended up swapping the whole trans.
I'll keep you guys posted. The part is backordered until sometime this week, and then it will be another week or so for delivery. I should have an answer by the end of September I'm hoping.

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi. My Bronco MT is also at the dealership right now getting a new transmission installed. I had the same noise you are having and it was driving me mad. Started at 200 miles. Currently have 1600 on the clock. Was really noticeable in 1st and 2nd gear and coasting with the clutch in at low speeds. I instantly thought throw out bearing when I heard it. Could be gear rollover too due to loose tolerances. The dealership originally said it was from the transfer case? and replaced it with no luck. They ordered a new trans afterwards and it was here in 2 weeks. Hope to be getting a quiet rig back this week when they are done. It’s really disappointing to see this keep popping up. Seems like several people are having this issue… Good luck! I’ll keep you posted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EVH1994

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi. My Bronco MT is also at the dealership right now getting a new transmission installed. I had the same noise you are having and it was driving me mad. Started at 200 miles. Currently have 1600 on the clock. Was really noticeable in 1st and 2nd gear and coasting with the clutch in at low speeds. I instantly thought throw out bearing when I heard it. Could be gear rollover too due to loose tolerances. The dealership originally said it was from the transfer case? and replaced it with no luck. They ordered a new trans afterwards and it was here in 2 weeks. Hope to be getting a quiet rig back this week when they are done. It’s really disappointing to see this keep popping up. Seems like several people are having this issue… Good luck! I’ll keep you posted.
Apologies for the late reply. How’s your Bronco doing with the new transmission? Sorry you’re having to deal with that! I know from experience it’s not fun having a noise like that on a brand new vehicle.

The dealership thought I had a bad throwout bearing. They just installed it and it’s still making the noise, so they’re going to order a new transmission.

KWIJIBO

Black Diamond
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD bronco sport OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is making a noise....intermittently.....and of course the dealer "can't hear it" when I bring it in.....any resolutions?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had similar issue with an 84 BII. Dealer claimed throwout bearing not covered by warranty. I knew that wasn't it, turned out to be pivot point on clutch fork, had to put a dab of grease on it every 10k miles.

OP
OP
EVH1994

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is making a noise....intermittently.....and of course the dealer "can't hear it" when I bring it in.....any resolutions?
The first dealership I brought it to said they thought it was normal. I ignored it for a while, but it was still bugging me so I took it to a different dealer and they said something was definitely wrong with it. My advice to you is to try another dealership because you’ll most likely get a different answer.

Mine is currently at the dealership getting a new transmission. Luckily it only took 3 business days to get a replacement in, which was about a month faster than the throw out bearing replacement took. I’ll keep you posted, should be getting it back tomorrow.

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apologies for the late reply. How’s your Bronco doing with the new transmission? Sorry you’re having to deal with that! I know from experience it’s not fun having a noise like that on a brand new vehicle.

The dealership thought I had a bad throwout bearing. They just installed it and it’s still making the noise, so they’re going to order a new transmission.
Sorry for the late update on my end too. Dealer replaced the transmission and everything was quiet. I finally loved my Bronco. Unfortunately the noise has started to come back within the last week and has progressively gotten louder. Right after about 400 miles. It is almost to the same state it was when I brought it in. I’m heartbroken. Maybe another faulty transmission? What are the odds? I’m starting to think Ford made a crap transmission here. I am going to contact the dealer Monday and see what they want to do. I have a good relationship with them so I’m hopeful they will fix me up again with permanent results. This will be my third and final time taking this in to get fixed. Once the 4th time rolls around, I can claim a lemon in my state and hopefully be done with this situation. Here’s hoping that you have the best of luck with yours! Keep me updated and I’ll do the same!

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the transmission failing, or just making noise? I have some minor noise on mine at 1500 miles and I’m planning on taking it on a week long trip next week to NH (offroadeo)and VT. Maybe if one of us drives it until it breaks we can determine the cause. Either way, stuff like this is why I bought the 8 year 100K ESP.

Lemon law is an option if they just can’t fix it right, but you might want to order another Bronco now if you’re not ready to move on to another platform.

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In my case, the truck runs and drives great. Transmission shifts smooth and functions as it should. It just rattles so much and sounds like it could fly apart at any minute when in 1st or 2nd gear going slow. I have a 1000 mile round trip coming up in late November and plan on driving it if it’s not in the shop. Nothing like destructive QC testing haha! Currently, I just turn my music up and try to drown out the rattle when in low gear until it can get fixed.

I feel you there. I also have the 8 year 100k plan just for the fact that the Bronco hasn’t been out for very long and I knew there were bound to be gremlins- either now or down the road

Good advice! I know it’ll definitely take a minute for a new one to come in. Not sure what I’ll do about lemon law. I’ll cross that bridge if I get there. If I were to lemon law it, I’d probably move on to a different platform. I really want to love this truck!! And I do, but it just gets old going back and forth to a dealer. And it sucks not being able to customize and upgrade it yet for fear that I might be returning it. Thought about getting another Bronco order in for an AT just in case, but I think it’d just leave a bad taste in my mouth wanting the MT back.
Sponsored