Sponsored

Manual transmission issue wearing boots.

Steveintoronto

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello everyone. I have a 2023 manual transmission Big Bend. Today I was going to pick up my motorcycle and wearing my riding boots. They are just tight over the ankle boots under my pants. Similar to a construction boot. The top of my boot caught on the onset carriage of the dash when I was changing gears and releasing the clutch stopping me from releasing the clutch completely. It was actually quite dangerous and I had to switch drivers with my wife. It seems to be a poor design and should have a plate over the sharp edges. Anyone else experience this? Suggestions. Seems odd that the space is so tight that it would catch my boot top and stop me from releasing the clutch. I would think people driving a bronco would be wearing boots.
Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Suggestions
Don't wear riding boots when driving.

My riding boots (Forma Adventure) are way too stiff and tall or me too operate the pedals, there's no way I'd even try. They are great for riding, but that's it. That's all they need to be good at.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've worn cowboy boots, hiking boots, and running shoes with no issues. I drive with my toes on the pedals instead of stomping on them.
Could be seat position as well. I noticed id hit my knee on the console under the steering wheel sometimes, but my seat might of been too high.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm . . . barely over a week of ownership for me but among the footwear I've driven my 7MT with were my "riding" boots - a pair of Sears engineer's boots that I've had since the early 80's (I only just realized how OLD they are as I was formulating this post, LOL). No problems encountered here but it wasn't an exhaustive test, either. Perhaps it's size related as I only wear 10 1/2. As an additional data point I've also worn one of my pairs of normal (non-riding) walking around boots, AE Bayfield's (sadly discontinued), and not had any issues either.

Sponsored

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I recently had the same situation. It seems dangerous, but Iā€™m not sure where to start with raising the issue with Ford etc? You should be able to wear boots when driving a truckā€¦

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't say I've had this issue with my bronco or any other Ford car I've had in manual that had small pedals and the plastic lower dash panel, and I often drive in boots varying from 4" to 8".

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canā€™t fully clutch in with my ski boots OR snowboard bootsā€¦

I canā€™t operate the buttons with full-on -40 winter gloves eitherā€¦

Itā€™s not up to them to design a vehicle around every single, possible, wacky, inconceivable combination of boot/glove/fashion accessory. This should go without saying, but you are driving a vehicle, not a bike, dress accordingly.

You quickly learn to keep a pair of sandals or shoes in the truck, plan ahead.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6'3" 315lbs size 14 boots never any issues. Motorcycle boots in a vehicle kinda like flip flops on a motorcycle. Dress accordingly.

Syndister

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Harley Road King Special, '23 Bronc
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wear my Frye boots everyday (I work in the construction industry) never had a problem. Maybe adjust the seat?

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh wow, OK update 8-ish months later still no issues driving with boots here. Mind you I'm in the heart of downtown so tha'ts a lot of stop and go with requisite shifting.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing i can think of is that the seat is far too close to the dash or raised to a high setting. My shin doesn't come near the bottom of the dash so boots don't catch.
Sponsored