Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did they finish the repair?
Yes they did. Small local dealership got me in and out quickly. All good so far. I think I posted a picture of my work order in another similar thread. From what I've read here, there are concerns with 3rd and 4th now.
Sponsored

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooooo… my bronco now has about 2000 miles on it. As I said earlier in this thread, I noticed the noise immediately when the vehicle had less than 50 miles on it. And I took it back to the dealership right away. That was about two and a half months ago. Flash forward to today, I just got it back from the service dept. They replaced the entire transmission as promised. It only took them one full day to do it. That surprised me. Anyway, the rock crusher noise is completely gone for now. Hopefully Ford got this new replacement tranny right and the noise won’t come back. Just wanted to post my experience here. If you have this weird noise I would get the tranny replaced under warranty.
I got my transmission changed with the E-version a few months back, it was completely noiseless until now, yesterday i started hearing the grinding noise again.

OP
OP
Malicar

Malicar

Badlands
First Name
Jessy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my transmission changed with the E-version a few months back, it was completely noiseless until now, yesterday i started hearing the grinding noise again.
It's gonna take someone's to grenade, lock up the tires, and send them into a family of 4, for anything to actually be solved.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's gonna take someone's to grenade, lock up the tires, and send them into a family of 4, for anything to actually be solved.
I really don't see that happening. Getrags are notorious for the rattle (not grinding) which really is not hurting anything. Sounds bad for sure though. Truthfully the only fix may be a slightly heavier weight oil. Ford would never recommend that though due to it possibly dropping the MPGs which would open up a big can of worms.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Started at about 2,000 miles, 1st and 2nd gear when cold. I took it in for an oil change at ~2,000 miles and I was aware that there was a TSB but it didn't get worse. I had the service writer note that the transmission was noisy but the transmission tech couldn't look at it for a couple of weeks so I went on vacation with it:) I took it in for service for the third time at ~10,000 miles in November 2023 and had the service department check it out. They rebuilt the transmission per the TSB, 5th and 6th gear synchros. All quiet now but I've only put about 500 miles on it since the rebuild. It was ordered 15 October 21 and delivered 14, October 22, not sure of the exact build date.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
35k and just started whirring like a turkey call when cold and up-shifting gears on the clutch release. Throwout or pilot bearing?
Sponsored