Jessy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen many threads covering the throw out bearing type grinding noise coming from their manual Trans at idle cold.

My 2022 at 300km makes this noise. This is obviously a fault out of the gate and not a normal operating feature.

I would like to see if we could get this thread stickied so we can start a list of those effected by this issue.
Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I replied yes even though mine was replaced with currently no issues. I had the noise almost from delivery. Replaced at 3750km

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. Was not there when new, noticed it around 3k miles, currently at 6k. Have not noticed it getting any worse, but I don't drive it every day.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I put maybe as only on occasion I hear some noise while accelerating in 1st and 2nd gear. I do not hear anything abnormal at idle.
I’ve had it happen on the drive home when I picked it up.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this too. I have a call in to the dealer for the TSB. Haven't heard back yet.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine did not start until around 9k miles. I hear it every time I start up and it goes away once engine is warm.
I will call the dealer after the new year.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad they finally recognized the noise, but I'm not sure this is going to cover it in it's entirety. Mine is most noticeable while in first and second, but exists in other gears as well. It almost requires something reflecting the sound back for it to overcome normal engine noise. Mine also never went away when winter became spring and then summer. It also doesn't go away as the trans warms up. It has existed from the time I picked it up a year ago in October, and continues today and 7k miles later. It has actually gotten louder with time although doesn't seem to cause any functional issues, at least not yet. If nothing else, it's an admission and a direction. I've been waiting for an answer as I also have a list of other warranty issues I want fixed while they are going to have to keep it.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad they finally recognized the noise, but I'm not sure this is going to cover it in it's entirety. Mine is most noticeable while in first and second, but exists in other gears as well. It almost requires something reflecting the sound back for it to overcome normal engine noise. Mine also never went away when winter became spring and then summer. It also doesn't go away as the trans warms up. It has existed from the time I picked it up a year ago in October, and continues today and 7k miles later. It has actually gotten louder with time although doesn't seem to cause any functional issues, at least not yet. If nothing else, it's an admission and a direction. I've been waiting for an answer as I also have a list of other warranty issues I want fixed while they are going to have to keep it.
same with mine, it does not go away when warm or at higher speeds, i just dont hear it as the road noise is too loud.

ill report back after the 4th of Jan and we'll see if it fixes.... or the fact that they drop the tranny and replace 5th/ 6th syncros ... and then refill the oil with perhaps a different viscosity and then its solved... who knows, but we'll see in a fee weeks