First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So took the bronco in yesterday to complain about the noise for yet the 4th or 5th time. So far I have had TSB which I lost the vehicle for 2+ months due to parts shortage. They noise came right back after TSB. so I fought for 2 months with Ford while the dealer ignored my calls and pleas. Ford replaced the transmission back in July. The noise came right back. -AB transmission too. Well the dealer said that's normal.....because they didn't want to deal with it. 8 months later they now say the transmission and throw out bearing probably need swapped. This thing has gotten sloppy in feel in just 8 months. I had to wait until 2nd consistently felt like crap to get them to acknowledge it. So standby but I'll probably be getting a buy back or transmission.......... What a POS FORD!. Less than 11K
On the same boat here, on my third transmission, last the AB one, grinding noise very noticeable.
Someone had reported earlier that he had his transmission replaced along with throw out bearing, and the noise did not return.
Does anyone know if any other parts, such as throw out bearing would would cause the synchros to grind after a while? The noise on my AB transmission came back after about 4 or 5k miles , only the transmission was replaced, no other parts..
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the same boat here, on my third transmission, last the AB one, grinding noise very noticeable.
Someone had reported earlier that he had his transmission replaced along with throw out bearing, and the noise did not return.
Does anyone know if any other parts, such as throw out bearing would would cause the synchros to grind after a while? The noise on my AB transmission came back after about 4 or 5k miles , only the transmission was replaced, no other parts..
No, they’re unrelated.

The throwout bearing is apart of the clutch assembly external to the transmission itself (but within the bell housing).

The synchro rings are internal to the transmission, and there is no way to get to them without complete disassembly.

If you had a bad throwout bearing it would probably be grinding all the time and you may have trouble shifting. Im not surprised they’re looking at the throwout bearing, because honestly it’s usually one of the components that goes bad (often more than once) during the life of a manual transmission. But if you can make the noise go away by pushing up against the 5th/6th gear synchros… then it ain’t the throwout bearing.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
May I ask where we stand in February 2024 with the Getrag MT88 7-speed manual?
I'm looking at a second (2024) Bronco and, in this case, would like a manual tranny.

I never liked the Getrag G360 5-speed in the old Dodge D-series Cummins pickups.
I'm sure Tremec would have designed a better unit, though at a higher price point.
The MT88's production location isn't the problem, rather it is (was?) an engineering issue.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May I ask where we stand in February 2024 with the Getrag MT88 7-speed manual?
I'm looking at a second (2024) Bronco and, in this case, would like a manual tranny.

I never liked the Getrag G360 5-speed in the old Dodge D-series Cummins pickups.
I'm sure Tremec would have designed a better unit, though at a higher price point.
The MT88's production location isn't the problem, rather it is (was?) an engineering issue.
Based on this thread still no confirmed rattle fix.

Also FYI, Ford recently announced a $500 price increase on the 2024 7MT.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Based on this thread still no confirmed rattle fix.

Also FYI, Ford recently announced a $500 price increase on the 2024 7MT.
Thank you. I wouldn't mind paying more, for additional engineering investment that resolves the issue. I'm sure it was designed around a price point with thin margins. They know where the ice is thin and what is required to create a satisfactory design.

Sponsored
First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So took the bronco in yesterday to complain about the noise for yet the 4th or 5th time. So far I have had TSB which I lost the vehicle for 2+ months due to parts shortage. They noise came right back after TSB. so I fought for 2 months with Ford while the dealer ignored my calls and pleas. Ford replaced the transmission back in July. The noise came right back. -AB transmission too. Well the dealer said that's normal.....because they didn't want to deal with it. 8 months later they now say the transmission and throw out bearing probably need swapped. This thing has gotten sloppy in feel in just 8 months. I had to wait until 2nd consistently felt like crap to get them to acknowledge it. So standby but I'll probably be getting a buy back or transmission.......... What a POS FORD!. Less than 11K
This is unbelievable, my dealer is still evading me and my concerns after tech stated there was an issue. They refused to document when I came in until other service writer I have been working with was in. Now it's crickets and I'm being blatantly ignored and no calls returned. I am so sour with FORD at them moment.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the scraping and it’s documented at my dealer. I didn’t do the TSb because it doesn’t seem to fix the noise. Has there been any significant number of actual failures or is it just a nasty sound?

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the scraping and it’s documented at my dealer. I didn’t do the TSb because it doesn’t seem to fix the noise. Has there been any significant number of actual failures or is it just a nasty sound?
I would have it done. Fixed it for me. 1 year/12k miles later and still quiet.

51 NonSquatch

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fixed my noise so far, I'd do it. Be prepared to be without your vehicle, tho. That's the only reason I would hesitate. I was without my Bronco for 1 month! Also no loaner vehicle the whole time, so I paid for one month of owning a new Bronco and didn't have anything to drive. "No cars available, but here is a discount coupon for Enterprise if you want it."

The parts for the repair currently are available, from what I understand, but not necessarily in stock at your dealer. I had 3 separate parts "shipping events," and each time it was "...should be here Friday, maybe Monday..." The second shipping event was because they broke a bolt during the repair. Shipping event #3 was Ford sent the wrong bolt in the correctly labelled box, so an extra week to get the correct bolt. Not sure how it takes 5 days to get a bolt in this day an age, but it happened twice. Also not sure why "all our loaners are out" is an excuse, but that's what they told me whenever I asked.

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s currently 28°F/-5°C. My rig seems to have developed a weird hard vibration during cold start, A single shudder felt through the floor as the starter cranks over. Once warmed up even on a two-three minute drive, it no longer aggressively turns over; button or ASS, it’s good. Weird, Something to monitor.

During some testing I had the radio and HVAC off. Guess what secondary sound I hear?!?

2,500kms since TSB attempt number two and the faint rumblings and scrapings are returning. I’ll mention it to the dealer next time through.

Until ford comes through with a new trans revision, I guess it’s rumbly tumbly

Eviljazz

Big Bend
First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Long story short here:

I'm from Québec Canada btw so yeah it get cold in winter (keep that in mind)

took my 2022 May 2023, took 1 month to get all the parts to do the TSB. Went to the dealer on 11 june 2023 but they broke the reverse/1st gear sync in the reassmbly. Bad news 3 months stale there waiting for the part they broke :-( So 3 months running a Bull-shit... oops sorry bronco sport.

Got my Bronco back on mid august, no more noise. However when cold season arrived it start to do it agian but WAYYY less louder and only at low temp like... -5c and less i would say. But like a say it very very low. I know it is the same issue cause soon as i try to put the 6th gear in it is sopping right away. So i sill see before the end of the warranty (still 18 months to go) if it is worst if not i will leave it like this.

BTW, my dealer was very nice and they fight with Ford Canada and i got a 2000$ check from them to compensate.

Kilgore

Badlands
First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Approaching 7,000 miles since the TSB and everything is good. Mornings in the low 30's has not brought out any noises. Still shifts great.
8,000 miles since the TSB and all is well. Mornings have been in the mid to low 30's overnight. Prior to the TSB, these temperatures would result in noises like a rock crusher with bad bearings. Have a read through my quotes for the full saga.

Of course everything can go to hell tomorrow. Will keep posting as the miles accumulate.

First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After 3 weeks of silence, I filed a BBB complaint against Ford and against Dealer also left a voicemail with the general manager that legal action is my next step if they continue to refuse servicing the vehicle and ignore my concerns after their tech said the transmission definitely has issues. I finally get a call today that they have a loaner but thats all.... Not sure what service will be attempted this time around? So far I have had TSB and a replacement AB transmission. I think this time it's going to be TSB and throw out bearing? This will be 3rd time and I have zero confidence. I am definitely going after Ford for the buy/back cash option. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Eviljazz

Big Bend
First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After 3 weeks of silence, I filed a BBB complaint against Ford and against Dealer also left a voicemail with the general manager that legal action is my next step if they continue to refuse servicing the vehicle and ignore my concerns after their tech said the transmission definitely has issues. I finally get a call today that they have a loaner but thats all.... Not sure what service will be attempted this time around? So far I have had TSB and a replacement AB transmission. I think this time it's going to be TSB and throw out bearing? This will be 3rd time and I have zero confidence. I am definitely going after Ford for the buy/back cash option. This is ridiculous.
If i was you i would just leave it as it is. They are all clueless and i don't thing this will ever be fixed forever. Pretty sure ford is just going to retire the manual. Sad but true.

Mine as the TSB done but it is still there at cold start but way quieter than before. Time will tell if it will be louder later on. Hopefully Tremec will make a aftermarket one in the future!
Sponsored