First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well let's be real. Your's is post # 3884 of an ongoing 259 page thread. Sooo....not really going to call that a "fix".
And something has to be broken for there to be a fix. I still have not seen an operational problems just a noise.
Sponsored

Artorias Akai

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The noise is what's broken. Metal parts grinding together is not ideal in any transmission or complex machine. Regardless of when the trans breaks. The grinding will lead to a sooner rather than later trans failure. Better to take care of it while it's covered under warranty than pay out of pocket later. It's catching the problem before it becomes a bigger one.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve put about 5k on since my debacle with the TSB. I am currently at 15k and the transmission is shifting well and works great but it still rattles like crazy in first gear. It pretty much does it all the time now while in 1st gear. I was hoping that swiching to a better fluid would help and I was planning on doing that when the weather warms up, but it sounds like that won’t help.
I’m just going to keep driving it, I’m done.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The noise is what's broken. Metal parts grinding together is not ideal in any transmission or complex machine. Regardless of when the trans breaks. The grinding will lead to a sooner rather than later trans failure. Better to take care of it while it's covered under warranty than pay out of pocket later. It's catching the problem before it becomes a bigger one.
This is why I’m not really good at life. I tend to live in the moment. I let things become a bigger problem. But I love my bronco noise and all and I don’t want a dealer to start digging around in it for a couple months while they figure it out.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like you might understand a little better if you go back and read the entire thread. You make it sound so simple..

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an fyi Gertrag is a German company founded in 1935 making transmissions for everything including large trucks so they've been around awhile. Are they manufactured in China now? probably but what isn't? I know this doesn't solve the issue but I've noticed a lot of you think Gertrag is some cheap Chinese company Ford used to save money. My 7mt rattles briefly till it warms up at temps below 45 or so but still shifts smoothly so for now I'm not worried. I will wait awhile and see if there's a sure fire fix then take it in.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems like there’s more than a few people that had the rev D Synchro TSB done and then the noise returned (myself included).

Anecdotal evidence? Maybe.

Whatever, I’ll probably get the extended warranty for when my trans grenades.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder truly how prevalent is this issue? My '23 Bronco came with the AB transmission and doesn't make the noise. Not even when tested during some cold winter days here in Chicagoland. Granted I've only got 1500 miles on the vehicle, so things could change.

On the other hand, some folks have reported having the noise upon delivery of their vehicle, or having a louder noise.

I had figured the issue was related to imprecise manufacturer tolerances, and the synchro change was an attempt to alleviate. But maybe that fix still doesn't account fully for tolerance issues? If precise tolerances are not maintained, maybe that's why we see the issue occurring in some vehicles but not others, and at differing volume levels.

Or could differences in break-in also play a part? I tend to be easy on my transmissions, giving synchros time to do their thing, not power shifting etc. My son was driving the Bronco and I got on his case about aggressive shifting.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been 2 years. And 30k miles. I’ve had this noise since day 1 and never had an issue. If you want the noise to go away then go to a mustang forum bcuz they use specific trans fluid that will stop the noise. If I’m not lazy today I will try to look it up and post it here.
The MT82 has some issues but does not have the rattle. The fluid they use (BG, Amsoil) does nothing to quiet the MT88. I tried to contact Calimer to see his opinion but crickets.
Nothing is grinding, the parts rattle together. Not saying that is good but it's not like you are going to have a bunch of shavings in the fluid to cause any damage. It is a common issue with Getrag Transmissions, even the ones made in Germany. Check out BMW and other forums that use a Getrag transmission. 100% agree it should not make the rattle sound but just check with the techs that have worked on these. No abnormal wear and or shavings in the fluid. @Ducati1098 can confirm. In all the posts, I can only think of one that had an issue and there is no background story as the pics were lifted from Facebook. Back then, there were burnt clutches too so most likely some joy riding abuse that toasted the clutches and the one tranny.

I've got the rattle at Idle and slow crawling in C, 1, 2, shifts like a dream, no fear of failure but do want the sound taken care of. When your 80 something mom gets in and says whats wrong with your Bronco, you know its loud. Kind of embarrassing when people are around.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also feel like you are just being difficult as what you mention about getting it fixed under has been done many many times over and over by many members of this group. There is no known solution to date and still no transmission failures to date because of the noise. That’s why he mentioned to read the entire thread. I’ve been following this thread since inception as I have a MT with the noise.
This exactly.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder truly how prevalent is this issue? My '23 Bronco came with the AB transmission and doesn't make the noise. Not even when tested during some cold winter days here in Chicagoland. Granted I've only got 1500 miles on the vehicle, so things could change.
AB is the updated transmission. So you have the latest and greatest fix available.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100% agree it should not make the rattle sound but just check with the techs that have worked on these. No abnormal wear and or shavings in the fluid. @Ducati1098 can confirm.
Yep, can confirm. I’ve had quite a few apart and have never seen any abnormal damage. Even the original synchronizer rings I replace look perfectly fine 🤷‍♂️

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
AB is the updated transmission. So you have the latest and greatest fix available.
Yep, my Bronco April build was right around when the changeover happened, and was fortunate to have the updated AB trans version factory installed. So far so good.

First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So took the bronco in yesterday to complain about the noise for yet the 4th or 5th time. So far I have had TSB which I lost the vehicle for 2+ months due to parts shortage. They noise came right back after TSB. so I fought for 2 months with Ford while the dealer ignored my calls and pleas. Ford replaced the transmission back in July. The noise came right back. -AB transmission too. Well the dealer said that's normal.....because they didn't want to deal with it. 8 months later they now say the transmission and throw out bearing probably need swapped. This thing has gotten sloppy in feel in just 8 months. I had to wait until 2nd consistently felt like crap to get them to acknowledge it. So standby but I'll probably be getting a buy back or transmission.......... What a POS FORD!. Less than 11K
Sponsored