Sponsored

Auto Climate Control for Standard Package?

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The one thing I miss in my BaseSquatch is the automatic climate control. It isn't the end of the world but it is something that all my other cars have had since the 1980's. I'm wondering if there isn't a way to add it to those Broncos that didn't come with it. Hear me out....

My base already has some way of measuring the interior temperature. I know this because when I use the remote start feature in the Ford Pass app it automatically runs either the heater or the A/C depending on the interior temp. If it has the brains to do that then it likely has the programing to manage automatic climate control.

I'm sure it would take purchasing the dial/button controls from the mid package. That can't be too expensive but I wonder if it would plug in and if forscan could then tell the computer to run the climate programing. I do recall reading somewhere that Ford dropped the temperature display from the knobs early in bronco production so that would indicate to me that the brains behind this are in one of the existing modules.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Possible but not entirely. The auto control is dual climate so there are two blend doors, blend door motors, two outlet temp sensors, etc. that simply don’t exist on the manual hvac.

I have reviewed the wiring changes and Forscan differences between my base and models with included auto control to determine the control module updates required.

This is all relatively moot at this point considering there is zero availability of the climate controls themselves and likely to be for some time from what I have heard.

Once available, certainly on my list of like-to-haves, with leather wheel being the only other.

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone found away to add the climate control to the screen for base. I have it in my base pickup and I don’t have dual climate control or auto. Just would like to see the temperature go up and the fans speed be adjusted maybe I should try and swap out control and poke around I. Forscan when I get that to work

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates on this?

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would love for one of the Forscan brains to dig in on this. I get it that it will not be true dual climate but can’t believe it’s not possible for it to maintain temp. I tried writing hvac values from auto climate broncos with the same basic options as mine without success. I’m thinking there has to be additional value changes in other modules. It was possible in my 16 gt350 track package. The manual unit can control fan speed due to a phone call and can sense cabin temperature so again don’t see why it would not work

Sponsored

dsirnajr

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I purchased a used dual climate control in ebay, installed in my base to test. It does light up, and change fan speed, but it will not change the temp or engage the AC. Need help with forescan to know what to change to get some functionality.

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I purchased a used dual climate control in ebay, installed in my base to test. It does light up, and change fan speed, but it will not change the temp or engage the AC. Need help with forescan to know what to change to get some functionality.
Same. I have written all HVAC module values from a bronco with auto climate but no change, ill guess there are other module values to change but????
Sponsored