First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just figured out the driver's rear door window switch doesn't seem to be working correctly. I tried the hold it down reset method, but the auto-up function isn't working which is mildly annoying for a brand new vehicle. Auto-down works fine. Any Bronco-Ninjas out there with an easy fix so I can avoid a trip to the dealership?
Sponsored

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have found that just trying to reset it multiple times works. My drivers window works less than 1/2 time time. When I get my oil changed and recalls taken care of, they are going to look at it.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this issue. I checked for updates using FDRS and sure enough there were door module updates available. After updating i have had no issues. So you either need the tools and subscription to the ford utility or the dealer will need to program it for you.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the exact same window have an issue on Thursday. It didn't want to reset because it kept bouncing back down once it was up. I had to perform the reset 3 or 4 times before it started working again, and its been fine since.

OP
OP

Westbayou

Wildtrak
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did the reset 4-5 times and it finally worked. Have a hunch this won't be the last time.

Sponsored

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have found that just trying to reset it multiple times works. My drivers window works less than 1/2 time time. When I get my oil changed and recalls taken care of, they are going to look at it.
Can you tell us how to reset the window

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you tell us how to reset the window
open the window and hold the switch in the down position for 5 seconds after it is open. Then close the window and hold it closed on the switch for 5 seconds. You may have to do this a few times but it should reset.

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
open the window and hold the switch in the down position for 5 seconds after it is open. Then close the window and hold it closed on the switch for 5 seconds. You may have to do this a few times but it should reset.

Thank you Murfman very much apricated !!!

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the text if you don't want to watch the video. I had to do this twice before I got it right:

Start the engine.
3. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.
4. Release the window control switch.
5. NOTE: All of the remaining steps must be carried out within 30 seconds from start to finish. Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.
6. Release the window control switch.
7. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully open position for 2 seconds.
8. Release the window control switch.
9. Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.
10. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-touch up features.

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for this thread and for the video and text solutions.

While running errands today in my 23 OBX, the rear driver side window would auto-roll down just fine, but trying to roll it up it would get to the top and then auto-roll back down. Manually rolling it up by holding the switch didn’t work either, as it would roll back down once it reached the top.

Turning the Bronco off and back on allowed me to close it. But then the same window would no longer auto-roll up, just down. This thread helped me fix it. Thanks!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Had the exact same window have an issue on Thursday. It didn't want to reset because it kept bouncing back down once it was up. I had to perform the reset 3 or 4 times before it started working again, and its been fine since.
Mine rear passenger started acting up yesterday and it took several reset attempts to take, but it finally did.
Sponsored