Sponsored

Auto Window Up Failure (2 Windows Work, 4 Do Not)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I know there's been some discussion about the windows dropping when you open the door. The issue I'm having is completely different.

You can drop all 4 windows automatically by pressing the buttons all the way down. And you can bring them back up by pulling the button all the way up. Although this does not work properly.

I was noticing sometimes my front windows go stuck. I've narrowed it down to doing this with all 4 at the same time.

If I only do 2 windows at a time, I have no issues. But if I try and auto-up all 4 windows, the front windows tend to stop/get stuck and I have to manually do them again.

Anybody else experiencing this exact issue where 2 windows at a time works, but if 4 windows are activated at the same time, the front 2 get stuck?

It's almost as if they can't power all 4 at once or something. But each one has it's own motor.
Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve definitely noticed something similar to this issue as well in my 4d BB.

I’ll mess around with mine a bit and report back specifics.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm having a same issue on front passenger window and the open/close door up/down stopped working on the front passenger window also. I think they both occurred at about the same time so I wonder if a switch sensor or something went bad. Calling the dealer on Monday. Maybe they'll give me the Wildtrak to drive til mine is fixed!!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this issue in my Ranger. I've always assumed it was related to current draw. If I do auto up on driver and try to raise any other window it'll all stop.

I'm sitting in my Audi waiting for my spot in line at a restaurant and it works fine all windows at once. Those cheeky Germans.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey I got an update!

So when I first got my car a couple of weeks ago, I noticed this happening fairly frequently with the front passenger window only. At least I’m fairly certain I haven’t noticed it with any other windows.

Late last week, I got tints on my front windows, and now after experimenting about two or three dozen times, I only got the problem to replicate once.

Here’s my hypothesis: The windows have a built-in safety mechanism that auto-stops the windows from rolling up all the way during the first half of rolling if it senses pressure due to someone’s arm being on it. The window will react by reversing for about half a second, then stopping in its place. From there, the auto-roll feature will cease to function for about 2-3 seconds if attempted. You can test this feature by pushing down on any window while it rolls up during the first half of the window sliding.

I suspect that the front passenger window slot/seam is set a little tighter right off the assembly line for whatever reason, and it needs a little more motor force during the first few seconds of rolling up to get things going. Because of this, the safety mechanism kicks in and does it’s thing, making you think it’s a voltage issue, switch, or motor defect.

When I got my tints installed on the front windows, they must have pulled the slot/seam open slightly, removing the need for additional motor force and essentially eliminating the safety mechanism from inadvertently kicking in.

I’d love to hear some feedback from another member here on this, but I’m fairly confident this is the reason for the issue.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad I only got a 2 door lol