First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All I know is every Tesla I have ever ridden in the drop down feature works great and is very smooth. The problem seems to have two parts. Number one, the drop is programmed too slow, needs to happen sooner and faster. Number two, the four door didn't come with the touch sensitive door handles on the back and therefore will never be fixed on them. Ford could definetly fix the fronts with a software update. As soon as your hand touches the handles the drop sequence should begin.
Totally agree they should all be 2 door.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Releasing the touch?
But i could be leaving the door open for loading, then slam shut. Were saying we want handle touch with key or unlocked car to lower the window, but door being shut to raise the window. Right now, door movement both opens and closes window. But this would require sensors on the rear door handles! Time to talk to Ford engineering!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally agree they should all be 2 door.
Lol unfortunately the two door is just an after thought. There is little room in society for a two door toy. Don't get me wrong, I like the two door, its definitely neat. The four door can just check a whole lot more boxes for the masses. The four door can do 99.999% of what the two door does but the same cannot be said of the two door. I like them both and hope to have one of each eventually, maybe.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think with ForScan you can adjust the closed height of the window right? I bet your dealer should be able to help you.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But i could be leaving the door open for loading, then slam shut. Were saying we want handle touch with key or unlocked car to lower the window, but door being shut to raise the window. Right now, door movement both opens and closes window. But this would require sensors on the rear door handles! Time to talk to Ford engineering!
Ah, I was thinking of the case where the user touches the handle and then releases without opening the door.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they redesigned the handle to not be mechanically pulling on the door latch to release it (use a solenoid or something) then they could have the user pull on the door handle which would allow the window to drop and after the window dropped the solenoid could open the door. The user would just pull on the latch and notice a slight delay before the door opened.

I have been trying to pull the door handle without actually opening the door, so putting my other hand on the door next to the handle to keep it closed allowing the window to drop before opening. Closing seems to work fine.

Just another reason to buy the 8 year extended warranty.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is by far the worst thing about the Bronco and my biggest complaint. Why do I hardly see this brought up as an issue. Do most Broncos have windows that work without violently shaking as mine do, or do most people have Bronco fever and ignore the horrible design. šŸ¤”

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol unfortunately the two door is just an after thought. There is little room in society for a two door toy. Don't get me wrong, I like the two door, its definitely neat. The four door can just check a whole lot more boxes for the masses. The four door can do 99.999% of what the two door does but the same cannot be said of the two door. I like them both and hope to have one of each eventually, maybe.
I don't disagree with your theory the 4 door being more useful for today's concrete wheelers, but Broncos have always been two door.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is by far the worst thing about the Bronco and my biggest complaint. Why do I hardly see this brought up as an issue. Do most Broncos have windows that work without violently shaking as mine do, or do most people have Bronco fever and ignore the horrible design. šŸ¤”
My windows actually work decent, I don't get a violent shake when I open them. What people do notice on mine is that they catch a little and it is noticeable. Could your door jamb latches need adjustment?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't disagree with your theory the 4 door being more useful for today's concrete wheelers, but Broncos have always been two door.
But the "concrete wheeler" thing is the problem right? It isn't a valid point, there just isn't anything the two door can really do better but be a two door. Affordability/availability of larger tires and better suspensions negate the better break over angles the two doors were best at. I don't follow a ton of Jeep YouTubers, a fair few, and not one of them wheels a two door. When I watch the Jeep "take over's" each year most (not all) everyone in the line is a four door. It is just nostalgia that brings us to the two door, but once the facts are on paper the four wins every time. I think this argument and the V8 one will be around for years, lol. :)

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the "concrete wheeler" thing is the problem right? It isn't a valid point, there just isn't anything the two door can really do better but be a two door. Affordability/availability of larger tires and better suspensions negate the better break over angles the two doors were best at. I don't follow a ton of Jeep YouTubers, a fair few, and not one of them wheels a two door. When I watch the Jeep "take over's" each year most (not all) everyone in the line is a four door. It is just nostalgia that brings us to the two door, but once the facts are on paper the four wins every time. I think this argument and the V8 one will be around for years, lol. :)
Two things the 4 door canā€™t match: The 2 doorā€˜s short wheelbase has a shorter turning radius and overall length that makes it more nimble on trails or the concrete jungle, and physically longer doors with the B pillar pushed back (much easier for me at 6ā€™4ā€ to get in and out of). 4 door is the better choice for many people who have kids or pets and daily drive the truck, itā€™s a better daily station wagon (I donā€™t mean that in a derogatory sense).

Just like the Crew Cab Raptor was a compromise to sell more trucks to dads over the better performing Super Cab, the 4 door Jeeps and now Broncos are the targeted compromise to make it work for the masses and sell more units. Personally Iā€™d have preferred if the Raptor remained Super Cab only, just like the Focus RS is manual transmission only.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Our MINI Hardtop has the window drop feature. It's so fast and quiet we almost forget it's happening.

BasicB!tc#

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked the car up about a week ago and it came with this issue. 2-Door driver window does not lower (or raise) automatically. I thought it was just a noisy window until I noticed the passenger side dropped and raise in order to seat correctly. Tried the video solution but no joy. Unless anyone has an easy fix to try I suppose its back to the dealer to fix.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked the car up about a week ago and it came with this issue. 2-Door driver window does not lower (or raise) automatically. I thought it was just a noisy window until I noticed the passenger side dropped and raise in order to seat correctly. Tried the video solution but no joy. Unless anyone has an easy fix to try I suppose its back to the dealer to fix.
Make sure you are diligent with how long you hold the buttons to reset it. I ended up taking mine to the dealer and they reprogrammed the controllers for the windows which fixed it, but Iā€™m not sure it was necessary.
Sponsored