Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Since before my Bronco arrived, actually before I even ordered it, I had thought about using the vertical wired keypad from another Ford model and mounting it in the b-pillar trim (something Ford should have done in the first place).

This afternoon I was at my dealer’s parts counter and just for the hell of it I asked for the price of one. He looked up the part number for an F-150, lo and behold he had one in stock but it had been ordered for someone else. I asked to look at it. He dug a little deeper and found that it had been sitting on the shelf unclaimed for over two years. I got it for $40. Score!

I will have to make my own harness to go to the module and cut a hole in the trim piece but that’s no big deal. I’ll just be happy to have a keypad that doesn’t look terrible.

900DA234-CCE9-48B5-863C-1BE7B9A61BEB.jpeg

6F9A4868-991A-48A5-AC6B-78DA7F72725D.jpeg
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just mount it somewhere you wont see it
That's what we were thinking of doing but I like this guy's idea since if we hid the keypad, it'd be hard to get to.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since before my Bronco arrived, actually before I even ordered it, I had thought about using the vertical wired keypad from another Ford model and mounting it in the b-pillar trim (something Ford should have done in the first place).

This afternoon I was at my dealer’s parts counter and just for the hell of it I asked for the price of one. He looked up the part number for an F-150, lo and behold he had one in stock but it had been ordered for someone else. I asked to look at it. He dug a little deeper and found that it had been sitting on the shelf unclaimed for over two years. I got it for $40. Score!

I will have to make my own harness to go to the module and cut a hole in the trim piece but that’s no big deal. I’ll just be happy to have a keypad that doesn’t look terrible.

Ford Bronco B-pillar mounted keypad. 6F9A4868-991A-48A5-AC6B-78DA7F72725D

Ford Bronco B-pillar mounted keypad. 6F9A4868-991A-48A5-AC6B-78DA7F72725D
That's awesome! Let us know how it goes!

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's probably not mounted the B pillar from factory since the doors can come off. But if you'll never take em off it is a good spot. Interested to find out how nicely that part will pair to the Bronco.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I put mine on the tail gate

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's probably not mounted the B pillar from factory since the doors can come off. But if you'll never take em off it is a good spot. Interested to find out how nicely that part will pair to the Bronco.
The b-pillar doesn’t move. That’s why it’s called a pillar.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moved mine off the door day 1. Been there over a year.

Ford Bronco B-pillar mounted keypad. C925F286-1124-404C-826C-74B4975A5063

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just put it inside your gas tank lid.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan is gas tank lid, purchased/installed via dealer (preferably with points). Have to say, though, Ford seems to have finally gotten slightly better as I believe the new Bronco factory keypad installs are color matched, which is nice (debates about value/merits of keypad placement on removable door probably best taken up elsewhere).

OP, rock on if you are comfortable with your plan of attack. B-pillar mounted means it's right there for quickest access to the driver door. With your Alberta locale I can see how that could make quite a difference in the winter.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be very interested to see if the wired keypad can work, but I’m doubtful. I looked into the parts and programming for my Lighting Pro, and it’s possible because the truck has the harness in the door and came with the code card in the glove box. It also requires programming with Forscan. No version of the Bronco comes with a wired keypad.
Sponsored