Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to order a Badlands with the powder coated tube step but it's not an option. Does anyone know if that is standard on a Badlands, why isn't it available otherwise?

If I order one and it comes with one, I could be charged for it. (if the salesperson decides to be untrustworthy)

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Grain of salt here, haven't researched...

I've read and seen a number of options not available on the badlands and some consensus was due to overall weight and Ford trying to meet a cargo capacity number. Stuff like this, upgraded carpets in front, cargo carpet a d maybe rails are things that should be fine but not a available for options. If it fits on the others it prob fits here, just need to order through dealer. Standard rock rails on Badlands prob needs to come off first.

Sethtsmith

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX2 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to order a Badlands with the powder coated tube step but it's not an option. Does anyone know if that is standard on a Badlands, why isn't it available otherwise?

If I order one and it comes with one, I could be charged for it. (if the salesperson decides to be untrustworthy)

Thanks for your help.
Not available on badlands because of rock rails that are on it. They're not compatible from what I understand

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for your help.
The tube step is not an option for the Badlands. The Rock rail is standard.

OP
OP
EddieA

EddieA

Badlands
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adding to the previous comments:

The tube steps mount to the same point on the frame as the rock rails. You can remove the rock rails and replace them with the tube step (ordered aftermarket) OR add the hoop steps for $395 to the rock rails.

Not that you asked but my opinion would be to add the hoop steps or order IAG steps (they sell individual steps and longer, single steps that extend fender to fender). The tube step doesn’t hide the pinch weld which is a bit unsightly.

If you do go with the tube step and don’t like the look of the pinch seam, there are also aftermarket metal covers to hide it and also vinyl adhesive covers (for a more budget friendly option).

happy deciding!

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The REAL question is why didn't they offer a BETTER rock rail option on the Badlands? I've beat my rock rails pretty good, doubt a tube step would have held up. The issue is the stock rock rails don't extend out any and I ended up getting a rock into my door a little bit last time out.

OP
OP
EddieA

EddieA

Badlands
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adding to the previous comments:

The tube steps mount to the same point on the frame as the rock rails. You can remove the rock rails and replace them with the tube step (ordered aftermarket) OR add the hoop steps for $395 to the rock rails.

Not that you asked but my opinion would be to add the hoop steps or order IAG steps (they sell individual steps and longer, single steps that extend fender to fender). The tube step doesn’t hide the pinch weld which is a bit unsightly.

If you do go with the tube step and don’t like the look of the pinch seam, there are also aftermarket metal covers to hide it and also vinyl adhesive covers (for a more budget friendly option).

happy deciding!
Thank you for your insight!
Sponsored