Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed the S8 50" BD light bar on my roof this weekend. However, I couldn't figure out how to use the Fuse Tap Kit to get the Amber Backlit Feature to work. Does anyone have tips they could send me?

Ford Bronco Baja Design Light kits! IMG_8129

I'm not thrilled with the wire installation on the windshield. There's got to be a way to make this look better. These are my first rig modifications ever...so any tips would be appreciated.

Ford Bronco Baja Design Light kits! IMG_8130

I also put on a stripe kit from Underground Graphics. It was a productive rainy weekend!

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the S8 50" BD light bar on my roof this weekend. However, I couldn't figure out how to use the Fuse Tap Kit to get the Amber Backlit Feature to work. Does anyone have tips they could send me?

I'm not thrilled with the wire installation on the windshield. There's got to be a way to make this look better. These are my first rig modifications ever...so any tips would be appreciated.

I also put on a stripe kit from Underground Graphics. It was a productive rainy weekend!
Can't speak into fuse tap kit as I chose to have the backlight on mine controlled by an aux switch, but for the wiring I ran mine down behind the trim on the backside of the A-pillar. I punched a small through the front of the weather stripping below the roof panel to feed the three wires through and snaked them down the water channel and then down behind the A-pillar trim piece.

Ford Bronco Baja Design Light kits! IMG_8454

From there, you can funnel it into the engine bay below the sideview mirror bracket. This is the only place the wiring is visible at all, and that's only if the passenger door is open.

Ford Bronco Baja Design Light kits! IMG_8452

Ford Bronco Baja Design Light kits! IMG_8451

Sponsored

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

IMG_8129.jpeg

IMG_8130.jpeg

Ford Bronco Baja Design Light kits! 1707170426905

You would need to tap into a circuit that is on with the ignition. That way the amber turns on when the vehicle is on. We also have a Wire Hider kit that will make that will clean up the wires.
Best,
Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201

NV Joe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What fuse would you recommend? See Ford Bronco Fuse Box Diagram.
Ford Bronco Baja Design Light kits! IMG_8131

Like I said...I am a complete novice at this, so do you have a photo of an installed Fuse Tap that I could use as a reference?

NV Joe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Baja Design Light kits! IMG_8131

You would need to tap into a circuit that is on with the ignition. That way the amber turns on when the vehicle is on. We also have a Wire Hider kit that will make that will clean up the wires.
Best,
Hello Brahian:
Thank you for the additional instructions. I have the tap fuse installed. I put it in a 10V slot #125 on the under hood fuse box. #125 is for the USB charger, so it's non-essential and it turns on as soon as the car turns on. The only issue I'm having is that the driving backlights stay on for 30 minutes after the car has turned off. Have you run across this before? Is there a different slot I should put the tap fuse into?

2023 Bronco _lightbar wiring - 1 (1).jpeg

2023 Bronco _lightbar wiring - 1.jpeg

2023 Bronco _lightbar wiring - 2.jpeg

2023 Bronco _lightbar wiring - 1 (2).jpeg

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello Brahian:
Thank you for the additional instructions. I have the tap fuse installed. I put it in a 10V slot #125 on the under hood fuse box. #125 is for the USB charger, so it's non-essential and it turns on as soon as the car turns on. The only issue I'm having is that the driving backlights stay on for 30 minutes after the car has turned off. Have you run across this before? Is there a different slot I should put the tap fuse into?

2023 Bronco _lightbar wiring - 1 (1).jpeg

2023 Bronco _lightbar wiring - 1.jpeg

2023 Bronco _lightbar wiring - 2.jpeg

2023 Bronco _lightbar wiring - 1 (2).jpeg
I would recommend tapping into a spare and seeing if you encounter the same issues. If the backlight is staying on it means it's still getting power even after the vehicle is off.

Best,

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Brahian:

Ford Bronco Baja Design Light kits! 2023 Bronco _lightbar wiring - 1 (2)

I would imagine the USB charger to be a part of the ”Delayed Accessory“ management system, which will stay on for some predetermined time (editable with FORSCAN), or until you open your door. The Infotainment/Radio system behaves the same. Many people tap into the driving lights for their accessory lighting backlights. I use an adaptor from SPV that makes this plug and play. Here it is if you’re curious:
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...kers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles

A bit more money than a tap, but it’s a nice clean integration, and I enjoy how the backlights synchronize with the factory marker lighting.

I‘ve also used the Upfitter option (I use the SPV harness system that makes this effortless to change things around), but found I preferred to just have the backlights integrated with the factory lights.

I haven’t tried a spare location, but as long as they fall under the BMS, that seems cheap and easy too.

Good luck either way!
Sponsored