First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just received this kit from @SPVPARTS Specialty Performance Parts Baja Designs Triple Fog Kit

I ordered an SAE Clear, SAE Amber, and Driving/Combo light for the 3 pairs.

My questions:
In what positions would you mount these 3 relative to the center/edge of the bumper? I intended to use the Sae clear for better visibility to other cars in good weather and the Sae yellow in fog/snow for better vis. Idk what I will use the driving/combos for other than very occasional backroads for night driving. As such I think I might mount the SAE Ambers nearest the center, SAE clear in the middle, and driving/combo on the outboard position, but idk.

Secondly I am considering wiring the SAE clear to the stock fog lights wiring since I read that lux packages with mod bumper came with factory fog light wiring, just no lights. I realize this would require procurement of a different light switch panel for the dash and forscan to activate the switch. Do you think this would be worth it or would you just run them to an aux switch like I will do for the ambers and driving/combos? Do you know what kind of extra harness I might need to plug into the factory wiring for the fogs if I choose to go this route? Could forscan make the pair attached to the factory wiring be configured as DRL’s? I would also like to configure my tail lights as DRL’s. Thanks.
Sponsored

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received this kit from @SPVPARTS Specialty Performance Parts Baja Designs Triple Fog Kit

My questions:
In what positions would you mount these 3 relative to the center/edge of the bumper? I intended to use the Sae clear for better visibility to other cars in good weather and the Sae yellow in fog/snow for better vis. Idk what I will use the driving/combos for other than very occasional backroads for night driving. As such I think I might mount the SAE Ambers nearest the center, SAE clear in the middle, and driving/combo on the outboard position, but idk.

Secondly I am considering wiring the SAE clear to the stock fog lights wiring since I read that lux packages with mod bumper came with factory fog light wiring, just no lights. I realize this would require procurement of a different light switch panel for the dash and forscan to activate the switch. Do you think this would be worth it or would you just run them to an aux switch like I will do for the ambers and driving/combos? Do you know what kind of extra harness I might need to plug into the factory wiring for the fogs if I choose to go this route? Could forscan make the pair attached to the factory wiring be configured as DRL’s? I would also like to configure my tail lights as DRL’s. Thanks.
So really, the position that. You choose to place each is really personal preference. There are not really any functional benefits to one being in one spot or another. So if you like the yellow in between the two clear, or the yellow to the far outside. It really comes down to personal style.

As for the harness and factory fog switch. That also is personal preference. There can be some advantages one way or another, but it really just comes down to preference and the setup you are trying to achieve.
For example. If you are using all 6 switches for something. Having that fog switch as a 7th can be a benefit. However, if you don’t use all your switches. It may be just easier to have them all located in one spot on the aux switch panel. This give more complete control in one place.

Plus the work it takes to reprogram the pcm and install a new headlight switch. If you don’t use all your aux switches, it may be more hassle than benefit, but if you run out of them, it can be an advantage.

if you do want to add a fog/headlight switch and reprogram. There are plenty of posts on here showing how to.
As far as connectors, we have those here and ready to plug into that spot it you add a switch.

Does that help?

John

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a different set of Baja Designs lights in my modular bumper, but here’s my setup if it helps? I put the amber on the “inside” spot.

Ford Bronco Baja designs pro triple fog light advice for modular bumper IMG_8928

Reactions: LSW

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

My questions:

I am assuming you are referring to the Baja Design Squadron lights. There are 3 versions: The Sport, Pro & Max. The SAE's provide you with wide cornering and I would consider having the White SAE in the outside for better visibility. The Amber SAE in the center. The Combo provides both driving & spot for distance, I would confirm if it is either a Sport or Pro model. The Pro model lumens output is significantly more vs. the Sport. I would mount these on the inside position. Because the SAE's throw a wider cornering beam place these on the outside.

As far as Aux switches: I have all three of mine on a separate Aux, using a 4th one for the yellow backlit feature all my lights have. I also have Pillar/Ditch lights and back up lights wired to my Aux switches. When wiring, I hope that you were provided with a wiring harness that makes it simple.
The OEM wiring harness can be tricky.

I went with Diode Dynamics but Baja Design is also a great option and in my opinion both DD & BD arguably provide the best quality light. Good luck and the additional lights make a BIG difference in all types of conditions. You will love them.

FYI: I sized mine lights by type, lumens and cost, but the backlit feature won me over to go with DD.
Below is my table with the light configuration and lumen output. The brighter driving light I placed on the inside as I want the wider cornering lights on the outside.

SS3 Max - White Combo
7,900​
SS3 Pro Yellow SAE Fog
3,000​
SSC2 Pro - White SAE Fog
1,988​
All Backlit
12,888​

OP
OP
LSW

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks all, very helpful replies.

The B.D. driving/combo pair are Squadron Pros with the higher lumen output. I am also getting a pair of squadron pro spots that I might use as ditch lights later.

Doing some research into white SAE fogs as DRL’s is starting to make me lean toward wiring everything to the aux switches. Apparently fog drls are considered discourteous or illegal in many places. Also the fact that a 70+ page thread is needed for wiring into the fog light switch on the factory light control panel leaves me hesitant, it seems like it might not always go smoothly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW I put my ambers in the middle. The large ones are actually all white (picture makes them look half amber for some reason). As others have said, it’s mostly preference. There isn’t going to be any noticeable, functional difference.
Ford Bronco Baja designs pro triple fog light advice for modular bumper IMG_2718

As for wiring, I have each set on its own aux switch. If I run out of switches, I can always combine later but I didn’t want to mess with looping them into the DRL or factory fog switches. It’s just too easy to use the upfitter wiring. Happy with the results on mine.

Enjoy! You are about to make your Bronco even better.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
24 wildtrak. I did 2 sae quads and one combo driving. Wired all to aux as i didnt want to mess with control panel replacement and wiring headaches. Wired to AUX 345. Thought I miss the fig option, but I mostly just leave an AUX on. Couldn’t be happier. I got from 4x4ledlights and they provide their own harness that makes it plug and play, just have to connect the 3 AUX. very easy.

IMG_7181.jpeg

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
24 wildtrak. I did 2 sae quads and one combo driving. Wired all to aux as i didnt want to mess with control panel replacement and wiring headaches. Wired to AUX 345. Thought I miss the fig option, but I mostly just leave an AUX on. Couldn’t be happier. I got from 4x4ledlights and they provide their own harness that makes it plug and play, just have to connect the 3 AUX. very easy.

Ford Bronco Baja designs pro triple fog light advice for modular bumper IMG_7181
After much research, I also worked with the team from 4x4truckLEDs. They are knowledgeable, have a wide selection of lighting options, have great wiring harnesses and hardware help with any lighting need. They are also a good group of guys to work with.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After much research, I also worked with the team from 4x4truckLEDs. They are knowledgeable, have a wide selection of lighting options, have great wiring harnesses and hardware help with any lighting need. They are also a good group of guys to work with.
Thanks for the kind comment and business. We appreicate it.

In what positions would you mount these 3 relative to the center/edge of the bumper?
It doesn't honestly matter as none of the lights get blocked really if you did a 2x Squadron + 1x S2 kit. If you did 3x Squadron I'd put the Driving/Combo on the outside since it'll get blocked a bit.

Then it's up to you with the SAE. Just make sure you install them right-side up, as Luckplat shows in his photo. If mounted upside down the optics will not be ideally aimed. You also cannot remove the bezel/lens and flip it since that voids the warranty with Baja Designs.

We do make a bracket for this so that you don't have to void your warranty. Again this only matters if the lights are upside down in the bumper.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...-baja-designs-s2-squadron-series-lights-pair/

Do you know what kind of extra harness I might need to plug into the factory wiring for the fogs if I choose to go this route?
This is the pigtail you'll want: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/

OP
OP
LSW

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the kind comment and business. We appreicate it.

It doesn't honestly matter as none of the lights get blocked really if you did a 2x Squadron + 1x S2 kit. If you did 3x Squadron I'd put the Driving/Combo on the outside since it'll get blocked a bit.

Then it's up to you with the SAE. Just make sure you install them right-side up, as Luckplat shows in his photo. If mounted upside down the optics will not be ideally aimed. You also cannot remove the bezel/lens and flip it since that voids the warranty with Baja Designs.

We do make a bracket for this so that you don't have to void your warranty. Again this only matters if the lights are upside down in the bumper.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...-baja-designs-s2-squadron-series-lights-pair/

This is the pigtail you'll want: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/
Great, thank yoU! I'll put the Driving Combo (yeah all 3 of my pairs are 2x2) on the outside then! Ordered a few brackets from you so that the lights will be oriented correctly. For now I think I'm just going to wire it all to the factory AUX switches, since if I do want to run the fogs on all the time as DRL's I can just leave the AUX switcfh for the white SAE's on all the time. As I understand it, the Bronco will automatically power the lights that have the aux switch left on when the igntion switch comes on and will remove power when the ignition is turned off.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great, thank yoU! I'll put the Driving Combo (yeah all 3 of my pairs are 2x2) on the outside then! Ordered a few brackets from you so that the lights will be oriented correctly. For now I think I'm just going to wire it all to the factory AUX switches, since if I do want to run the fogs on all the time as DRL's I can just leave the AUX switcfh for the white SAE's on all the time. As I understand it, the Bronco will automatically power the lights that have the aux switch left on when the igntion switch comes on and will remove power when the ignition is turned off.
That is correct. The upfitter power turns off when the truck turns off
Sponsored