Sponsored

Barricade HD Tubular Front Bumper -- can I use the OEM plastic bumper fog light harness ?

Knittel

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know if I can use the OEM plastic bumper fog light harness with the fog lights that come with this bumper? I'd like to use the factor switch.
Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if I can use the OEM plastic bumper fog light harness with the fog lights that come with this bumper? I'd like to use the factor switch.
Yes, you'll just need to connect/splice the new lights to the wires in the harness.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sort of related question: I have the RC matching rear bumper that came with 60w (5 amp for the pair) lights. I'd like to wire them as back up lights. I really don't understand modern vehicle wiring.

1. Can I wire them directly to the OEM back up light wiring without a. overloading or b. causing the can bus lin bus (whatever that is) from causing some issue?

2. If I wire them to their own switch I would like them on a key on circuit. What is an in cab and/or under hood key on fuse?

3. Is there an easy way to tap into the 12v power outlet(s) to get the key on with 30 min shutdown delay? This would be ideal so I could use them for camp set up lights without running the risk of forgetting and or switching them on accidentally in the daylight.
Sponsored