Sponsored

Base Bronco 2.7 Sasquatch or manual Badlands 2.3?

Base Bronco 2.7 Sasquatch or Badlands 2.3 manual

• Total voters

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious which one would you rather have the Base with Sasquatch package and 2.7 Auto or Badlands with with the 2.3 and Manual transmission?
Sponsored

Zombie Salamander

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
numerous Ford vehicles 1970's to present
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might be biased seeing as I have a Badlands with a manual on order, but there is just something so fun about rowing through the gears.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I voted Base 2.7 Squatch because that is what I ordered.

I was in this exact scenario back in Aug. of 2020. We had about 40K for the Bronco. I gave the wife 2 choices....... Basesquatch 2.7 or a no option Badlands. Both came in right around 40.

It took me a few days to ponder the choice............

Back then no stick Squatch so, force me to auto, then I go 2.7. I can disconnect my sway bar myself, I don't NEED a button. I can get waterproof seat covers. Liked the base grille the best. Have no need for sig lighting, I just need to see at night. Have never had a camera to see out front, so why start now. I don't need the Bronco to drive for me, I can handle that myself. I can always put better stereo equipment in it. I thought maybe the BL would be built quicker being it is a higher trim.

When you get right down to it the biggest difference is the Sway Bar Disconnect, IMO. Both on "yellows", both have lockers and gears. So one is just as capable as the other.

I don't care for leather or MGV and neither did the wife. The Bronco is going to be used mainly for what it was designed for....... riding trails NOT going to the mall.

In the end, the Basesquatch 2.7 won out. Only drawback has been........ I am still waiting for a build date. :(

Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I voted Base 2.7 Squatch because that is what I ordered.

I was in this exact scenario back in Aug. of 2020. We had about 40K for the Bronco. I gave the wife 2 choices....... Basesquatch 2.7 or a no option Badlands. Both came in right around 40.

In the end, the Basesquatch 2.7 won out. Only drawback has been........ I am still waiting for a build date. :(
I bought an OBX off the lot this summer with anticipation of ordering a Badlands. I'm sure there are many more people in your same situation. I hit up my dealership this week about an order whenever the books open back up either this year or next. Now I feel like I should hold off until they clear out the backlog of builds. I hope you get a build soon.

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

redneck settled on the real question. What will Ford build fastest? I don't know the answer right now, but the rig you can get is way better than waiting.

MGV is nice. If you leave the top off or just generally make a mess of things, it's great.

If you don't like the bronco do drive itself, you probably want the 7MT. It's a fun setup.

Don't discount the camera. I have been wheeling for 30 years and I can say the camera is a game changer. After a year with it, I now miss it sorely when I'm wheeling another rig.

I would suggest taking an off-road test drive with the camera in Baja mode. Crest a hill with and without and it and see what you think. It's unbelievable.

If you have ever used your spouse as a spotter, the camera could save a relationship.

I get that it's a lot of extra money for a bunch of doo dads. But some of them are pretty slick.

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base (or any model for that matter) with SAS has front and rear lockers???

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

redneck settled on the real question. What will Ford build fastest? I don't know the answer right now, but the rig you can get is way better than waiting.

MGV is nice. If you leave the top off or just generally make a mess of things, it's great.

If you don't like the bronco do drive itself, you probably want the 7MT. It's a fun setup.

Don't discount the camera. I have been wheeling for 30 years and I can say the camera is a game changer. After a year with it, I now miss it sorely when I'm wheeling another rig.

I would suggest taking an off-road test drive with the camera in Baja mode. Crest a hill with and without and it and see what you think. It's unbelievable.

If you have ever used your spouse as a spotter, the camera could save a relationship.

I get that it's a lot of extra money for a bunch of doo dads. But some of them are pretty slick.
The wife's 22 Timberline Edition Explorer has a front mounted camera. Stays on until you hit 7mph. :( It is kind of nice, especially when parking so you don't smash the bumper cover off it. :rolleyes: Can you tell I have tried to explain this to the wife??

TBH I drove an OBX non-squatch, at an off-road park, not the rodeo. I could tell the moment I adjusted the seat and started to drive I could tell the Bronco was going to be great. Window down, arm on the sill...... comfy. ;) Two tie downs, aka trail sights, right at each corner tell me exactly where my corners are. I'm set. Don't think I looked at the camera once. At one point the guide said "Oh, you know there is this cool camera......". "Yeah. My guess is we are just about to hit a rock on the passengers side". :) About that time she had the camera up and said "Nope you are gonna miss it". So I was close. The Bronc really is a good "fit" if you catch my drift. What little bit I drove it, it was very easy to become like an extension of yourself. Very easy to maneuver, control, and to "know" where it is in relationship to the terrain.

I will say the camera is a nice touch, but I guess I will just take my chances. Besides I will just build the bumper and skids a bit beefier to compensate for not having an "extra set of eyes". 😁

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base (or any model for that matter) with SAS has front and rear lockers???

SAS package is front and rear lockers with 4.70 gears, with an M210 front diff, cast iron. NOT an aluminum M190 found in standard trims.

Last edited:

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did new tires this week. No lift. +18 offset. MT 35x12.50. I have a GRT 1.25 front collar lift of stand by if needed. Bam 💥 Sasquatched

M7 comes with the 4.70 gears and M220 already. It was a wink-and-nod from Ford at the start for this set up to be a ManSquatch.

When this started you couldn’t order one. The first build & price was $2500 to Sasquatch a base Badlands. But it forced you to switch to the Auto. Now it’s a $7k pkg or some nonsense.

Ford Bronco Base Bronco 2.7 Sasquatch or manual Badlands 2.3? 51B2FCBD-BCFF-4EC0-BF0A-938B5CA5E8F6

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base

I would never discount the Camera in the Bronco. The front end is one massive blind spot. The big fat wide hood with the raised fenders make it almost impossible to see. The first time pulling my Bronco into the garage I ran over my generator. It's a tight fir in my garage. But still. Can't see crap.

That is one area where I definitely like my Wrangler XR better. With the narrow front end and sloping hood it's much easier to see. And I feel like in the Wrangler you sit up higher as well.

So that definitely the one reason why I wish I had the Badlands with the front camera over my Base Sasquatch. Although I think I would miss the 2.7

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would never discount the Camera in the Bronco. The front end is one massive blind spot. The big fat wide hood with the raised fenders make it almost impossible to see. The first time pulling my Bronco into the garage I ran over my generator. It's a tight fir in my garage. But still. Can't see crap.

That is one area where I definitely like my Wrangler XR better. With the narrow front end and sloping hood it's much easier to see. And I feel like in the Wrangler you sit up higher as well.

So that definitely the one reason why I wish I had the Badlands with the front camera over my Base Sasquatch. Although I think I would miss the 2.7
Yup. I come from Defenders. They have a huge front-end but the windscreen is taller and you sit straight up. Much better line of sight in those clunkers.

In my badlands, high pkg, 7MT, I almost always push the front cam button when parking. It has become habit. As you slide it into first, you just point your finger out and hit the cam button.

That brings up the split screen of the front camera and the 360 view. With the guide lines, my parking is better than ever. Ha ha.
Sponsored