Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all!
First time caller here lol. I actually have my 2021 Bronco at the dealer, still. I hiked out of the woods in the Daniel Boone National Forest to find my battery dead, and stranded 3 weeks ago.
I am getting a draw that is killing the battery overnight (guessing 3 to 4 hours). Dealer stated to unhook the non factory winch/Leds, even though they only tested at the battery (has a 30 mA draw) . I asked them to look into it further.
The winch and leds have been on for 6 months and never an issue, and the battery does not drain when Bronco is running.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are the Winch and LEDs hooked to aux lights or directly to the battery? It could've slowly degraded the battery power over time if you didn't run long, but a decent drive would've taken care of that. You're sure you didn't leave any other lights on? This is why I keep a small jump pack in each car (NOCO boost). My kids have hit the overhead light a few times and not noticing it left us stranded in a hotel parking lot.

OP
OP
ATOD_16

ATOD_16

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lights are on the factory aux switch, winch is direct to the battery. Unfortunately it wasn't the lights. I would have felt better about that easy fix. 🤣😁

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lights are on the factory aux switch, winch is direct to the battery. Unfortunately it wasn't the lights. I would have felt better about that easy fix. 🤣😁
If they're on the aux there's almost zero chance, but even a Winch shouldn't draw if it's not turned on?? I've never had one but I would "assume" it's electronically a dead end unless you turn it on...

And BTW... no battery drains while the vehicle is running unless the alternator is bad, so that's kind of a misnomer.
Sponsored

Last edited: