Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SORRY BUT i am frech CANADIAN GOOGLE TRADUCTION
tracktoy
Good morning
My first C TEK was purchased in 2012 for an Artic Cat 100 cc ATV. From the dealer it's a C TEK but ARTIC CAT brand. I did some research and Ctek makes tender batteries for BMW, MERCEDES, LAMBO, FERRARI, ET... So for me it's a trusted brand period. With AGM batteries I bought the latest AGM 5.0 compatible model. I also have some 4.3 winter -20 to +60 celcius. Permanent assembly, I have 5 units because 2 residence. 1 snowmobile, 3 ATVs, 1 7000 amp generator. 1 side by side. + 1 LARIAT 2022 + 1 BADLAND 2023. THEY ALL WORK PERFECTLY.
My experience = C TEK
tracktoy
Sponsored

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the last unit IT'S from AMAZON

RBJRBJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
quick question, what battery tender are people using and which bolt is the negative bolt you are hooking it up to?

I just picked up my raptor and its hard to figure out in the instructions the hook up points.

thanks!
I owned a GMC Denali, Bronco and now have a 2021 RAM with Hemi V8 eTorque and own two Battery Tenders which have worked flawlessly for years. Vehicles, if left garaged for 5 days or more would experience parasitic battery drain, prohibiting starting them. Connect the negative wire clamp from the battery tender to any UNPAIN
As a result, not wanting to risk overcharging, believing “simple is best” I use this battery maintainer model available at Amazon for $52.86:

Battery Tender Plus Charger and Maintainer: Automatic 12V Powersports Battery Charger and Maintainer for Motorcycle, ATVs, and More - 12 Volt, 1.25 Amp Battery Chargers - 022-0185G-DL-WH

Since then, I do not encounter a dead 12V battery.

RBJRBJ

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I use a good C TEK for the corvette. My motorcycles use the Del-trons.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are posts concerning where to attach the neg clamp. IIRC, you have to attach to the terminal away from the battery post. This way the vehicle system can monitor current going in/out of the battery.
I'll update if I find the info, or maybe someone else can verify.
Found the video describing where the charger should be attached. It should not be directly connected to the - battery terminal, but after the monitoring sensor.
Info starts at the 8:15 mark.

Sponsored

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon mod (DD),2022 Porsche Spyder(weekend)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I use the CTEK MXS 5.0 in my Spyder while its parked in the garage for the week (weekend car). Been using it for over 2 years now and it connects every time. I turn the Porsche off then plug in the charger. I am using the passenger side cigarette lighter port to connect the charger. Not sure if the BR allows you to charge through the cig lighter but that might be an option, if not connect pigtails. I also have pigtail connection that I never connect being that my Porsche is in the garage with the window left slightly open.

CTEK 5.0 MXS

I also have the Optima battery charger that I use on my DD Rubicon. Works great too. I just run the cables under the garage door and connect it whenever I want. Both work really good, I use extension cables for both without any problems.

Optima Battery Charger

LagoCJ

Raptor
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor and GMC Canyon AT4X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Another vote for NoCo here. I have the 2, 5 and 10 Genius charger/maintainers. They work well, have auto sensing and repair modes. My best advice for anyone who has a vehicle that sits for long periods is use the battery maintainer on an AGM style battery, and keep a spare battery on a maintainer as well.
Sponsored