Lana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi.

I saw a post from last year about battery voltage over 15.

SA says up to 15.8 is normal. It was 15.3 and fluctuating a few weeks ago. They've since replaced the alternator under my warranty.

It's still at 15. Should I get a new battery or keep an eye on it.

I do not use the auto stop start feature. I drive in Sport mode 100% of the time.

It's a 22 Big Bend 2.3 manual.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see mine flicker over 15 on occasion (especially right after startup or going downhill) - but most of the time it rides somewhere in the high 13s / low 14s

If it’s staying up over 15 all the time there may be an issue somewhere

OP
OP
Lanliz25

Lanliz25

Big Bend
First Name
Lana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see mine flicker over 15 on occasion (especially right after startup or going downhill) - but most of the time it rides somewhere in the high 13s / low 14s

If it’s staying up over 15 all the time there may be an issue somewhere
Thank you. I went to Autozone and had them check the battery. Mostly because I don't trust the dealer. The battery is good. He said it was only 70% charged so I'm hoping it goes down. I just picked it up today with that new alternator. I love my Bronco. I hope it's not a dud.

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just had my battery replaced under warranty today and my voltage while driving was about 14.7 but once in a while it would glitch up to 15 and then go back down to 14.7 but my resting voltage was around 12.2 so I had a bad sell in my battery. It seems all the 2021 broncos have issues, The batteries are cheap.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After sitting for a week or having a good draw on power why driving (fridge running or something) mine gets to 15.2 often. But once I've driven it a while, I've had it go down to under 13 even...but it can take a while.

Basically, go on a 2+ hour drive and see. But Sounds like either you don't drive it long enough, or you battery is not getting charged properly.

SWLABRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought my wife's Bronco in February, and I noticed that the battery voltage seemed high then (around 15v). Checked a few things with my meter but found no real issues. I have been monitoring it ever since. I have noticed that during cold or cooler temperatures that the voltage runs higher, 14.7v yesterday. During the summer it ran between 12.2 to 13.9v. I may be completely wrong but I think the voltage varies with the temperature. Batteries don't like cold weather. My 2 cents!!
Sponsored