Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘85 S10 Blazer, 2004 GTO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried a search of the forum and found nothing. Still waiting for my 2.7 Bronco but always learning more so I’m ready when it arrives. I was watching the last TruckU which had a Bronco and during the show they advertised this Baxter Performance product. Anyone have experience with one?

https://www.baxterperformanceusa.com/product/fs-101-bk-cartridge-to-spin-on-adapter/

I’m new to the 2.7, have a 3.5 Ecoboost in our F150 and the filter is located low on the engine and horizontal. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m completely ignorant to stuff like, so I’d also be curious if this filter would need to be changed after every oil change?

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know anything about that particular product, but I do know that all those motoring shows get paid to promote said products. So I'm not surprised that they recommended it, it's literally what they get paid to do. It may do something or it may not do anything at all. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Slp2002fh

Slp2002fh

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘85 S10 Blazer, 2004 GTO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m completely ignorant to stuff like, so I’d also be curious if this filter would need to be changed after every oil change?
This is just an adapter, so it should be a one time purchase. Then it is just a basic screw on filter. I have a friend with a 2.7 in a F150 and I’ve been told that it uses a different style filter. He lives a 1,000 miles away so I haven’t seen it in person. I have seen photos and they are more like an old fuel filter in a cartridge.

OP
OP
Slp2002fh

Slp2002fh

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘85 S10 Blazer, 2004 GTO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know anything about that particular product, but I do know that all those motoring shows get paid to promote said products. So I'm not surprised that they recommended it, it's literally what they get paid to do. It may do something or it may not do anything at all. 🤷‍♂️
Hence the reason for the question. Not having experience with the engine or the product.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7 uses a drop in cartridge is simple to change and the way all oil filters should be. I am sure this drains the filter for removing it but I bet you still spill oil all over the top of your motor. For $350 this "fixes" a nonexistent problem.

Any yes, always change your filter

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

350$.... That's like 300$ more than I would pay tbh. Hard no.

OP
OP
Slp2002fh

Slp2002fh

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘85 S10 Blazer, 2004 GTO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So for those who have done oil changes, any truth to the drain back of the current filter design? If the engine has been off for 20 or 30 minutes prior to opening up the filter, is it still full of oil? That would be the only thing that would concern me.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, oil quickly drains back and makes for a clean oil change. There is a reason Ford chose a cartridge filter for the 2.7. No doubt if you had a motor failure, this would be the rope they would hang you with.
Sponsored