First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a hard top currently, and was looking at a couple of different options. I am looking at the Best Top Skyrider for a 4 door. Wanted to get opinions of people own one. I was looking at buying the factory soft top, but I am open to this variation. Thanks in advance :).
Sponsored

60sIron

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one, I love it. I think it is better than the soft top because it retains the back glass, wiper, and lift gate.

OP
OP

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have one, I love it. I think it is better than the soft top because it retains the back glass, wiper, and lift gate.
How long have you owned it? Have you had any issues with it, how is it at highway speeds? Again, thanks for the reply.

BUCKIN6VA

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every thread about the Skyrider is positive. People seem to love it. I would consider it but I love going fully topless.

60sIron

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had it on for a little over 2000 miles.

At highway speed with the top up you get more road noise and a little bit of wind rumbling the canvas. When you pass a big semi and break through the wind, sometimes the turbulence will make it will bang or pop. This is more pronounced when driving into a head wind.

At a carwash sometimes one of the jets will squirt in under the canvass, so it is probably better to hand wash.

Part of the reason I bought a Bronco was the ability drive open top, and this is a lot easier than dealing with the panels.

Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree with these responses. I have had for a year and love it. I like the full topless but it is such an effort and we don't use the garage to park cars.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was going to get the SkyRider, but opted for the Sunrider instead. @RagnarKon had some great videos on the Skyrider install and removal. Basically, it is pretty cumbersome to install and remove and he said he would not be using it anymore because it just creates too much noise for his liking and his family didn't like how windy it was with it open.

I have had the sunrider installed for a month now and love it. Took less than 30 minutes to install and super easy to operate. Family loves it and I have no regrets about getting it over the skyrider.

Maybe if I lived in an area where i would keep the Skyrider on year round and I didn't do as much highway driving I would have opted for the skyrider. However, I will be switching back to the hard top panels for the winters here in NJ (November-March) so I don't want to have to worry about an hour+ install/removal process twice a year.

Here is his removal video where he talks about why he does not like the skyrider

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a hard top currently, and was looking at a couple of different options. I am looking at the Best Top Skyrider for a 4 door. Wanted to get opinions of people own one. I was looking at buying the factory soft top, but I am open to this variation. Thanks in advance :).
I highly recommend. If you get the Skyrider, get the upgraded twill fabric. It's 3 ply, quieter, looks nicer. Had mine 8 months now. High quality, most issues seem to be from install mistakes, especially the two cable tension T-inserts at the back. Its nice to keep the hardtop rear shell instead of plastic windows.

Mine has never leaked. It is noisier the faster you go, it's difficult to converse at 75mph, where the top generates its own buffeting racket, ok at 65, quite nice 55mph and below. However, road noise gets in from other vehicles at all times, you will decide the MIC top is an engineering marvel after a week with a soft top. If you have noisey mud tires, you'll hear them as well.

But if the joy of flipping the top back, or forth in 30seconds gives you joy, the above is worth it. And you can reinstall the MIC top in a couple of hours. Besttop also has an install service.

Another respondent above noted that RagnarKon dropped his for all the negative reasons I stated. His install video was a great help. Like all things Bronco, its all about your own likes and uses and joys, and what other vehicles you deploy. Skyrider is a well made, high quality item. If you want a softtop, to me. It's the best choice. I think it's worth the $1,500 to give it a try.

46934.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I highly recommend. If you get the Skyrider, get the upgraded twill fabric. It's 3 ply, quieter, looks nicer. Had mine 8 months now. High quality, most issues seem to be from install mistakes, especially the two cable tension T-inserts at the back. Its nice to keep the hardtop rear shell instead of plastic windows.

Mine has never leaked. It is noisier the faster you go, it's difficult to converse at 75mph, where the top generates its own buffeting racket, ok at 65, quite nice 55mph and below. However, road noise gets in from other vehicles at all times, you will decide the MIC top is an engineering marvel after a week with a soft top. If you have noisey mud tires, you'll hear them as well.

But if the joy of flipping the top back, or forth in 30seconds gives you joy, the above is worth it. And you can reinstall the MIC top in a couple of hours. Besttop also has an install service.

Ford Bronco Best Top Skyrider 46934
Thanks, I appreciate it. It is nice to hear from someone that has used it for a while.

Atomic Betty

Black Diamond
First Name
Abi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Super helpful input as I've been wanting one since before I got my Bronco in September of last year, and then the cold weather set in so I only took the top off (front two panels...) twice before winter's icy grip took hold :sadface: I don't have a garage so storage of the panels is an issue, but when I took the front two off the other day for the first time since winter (I had to investigate a leak that showed up out of the blue - fine through car washes and all the dumping spring rains, nothing!!! Weird, why now when nothing had changed, top hadn't been off, etc....but I digress.) Anyways I had forgotten how much I loved having it open 😍 I wanted the skyrider so it's as open as possible, but I wonder how much it really matters since I never usually have backseat passengers. I kept wondering about the difference between their fabrics too, if one really was worth $300 extra.
Sponsored