First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The @Mabett bimini required some very minor change with regards to hook hardware and I'm waiting on some more appropriate hooks but getting by with bent springs from a spring clip for now. The fit on the original Bronco hardware is better but I have to say this works well enough.

IMG_8994.jpg

IMG_8995.jpg

IMG_8996.jpg

IMG_8997.jpg

IMG_8999.jpg

IMG_9001.jpg

IMG_9002.jpg

IMG_9003.jpg
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice. What's your review on the Mabett mesh bimini without the Skyrider? Did you ever have it installed before the Skyrider? I'm interested in the Mabett mesh bimini, but I believe your review here is stating how it fits only with the Skyrider. Thank you.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. What's your review on the Mabett mesh bimini without the Skyrider? Did you ever have it installed before the Skyrider? I'm interested in the Mabett mesh bimini, but I believe your review here is stating how it fits only with the Skyrider. Thank you.
We like it a lot. I believe our only complaints were it has a gap in the front between it and the windshield frame that the sun finds its way into on occasion and the magnets always seemed to land right on the a screw for the hardtop hardware making them not as effective.

We've had it for a while but, since installing the Skyrider, I kind of assumed it wouldn't fit right.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gearshade Bimini works with Skyrider out of the box, no mods.
I agree, Gearshade is better.

The stitching around the edges, and better/more grommets gives is a tighter snug fit. The quality of their product is great.

I have this one here, if anyone is interested. I decided to go full sun blockage and do canvas. So selling gearshade at 1/2 price and will ship.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bimini-mesh-top-4-door-bronco-asking-125-obo.52136/
Does it do a good job of covering that gap (if any) between the front edge and the Bronco frame? Looking at the pictures on their site, it looks like there's still a good gap.

How hard is it to get at the latches for the top with the bimini on?

As you said, I can see it looks like a nice snug fit though. Tempting. Might continue to give our current one some time but... .

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does it do a good job of covering that gap (if any) between the front edge and the Bronco frame? Looking at the pictures on their site, it looks like there's still a good gap.

As you said, I can see it looks like a nice snug fit though. Tempting. Might continue to give our current one some time but... .
It has a small gap at the front like most others. Only one I’ve seen without the gap is Jtop. Gap doesn’t bother me though, actually it makes accessing the latches possible lol. I won’t put the Bimini on until it’s blazing balls in a few months, so it’s a 3-4 month seasonal use for me. Open sky as much as possible.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has a small gap at the front like most others. Only one I’ve seen without the gap is Jtop. Gap doesn’t bother me though, actually it makes accessing the latches possible lol.
That gearshade seems like a good option.

I won’t put the Bimini on until it’s blazing balls in a few months, so it’s a 3-4 month seasonal use for me. Open sky as much as possible.
Arizona sun is a bit much for me but I'm a ginger so I can't take much. It's April and I was already getting fried.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will need to modify their install.

DO NOT install it as they say. Instead remove the bronco bolts and hard mount the front with finger screws.

Then pull it back. This get's rid of the gap. Basically it mimic's my canvas bimini.

It also makes it 100% tool-less. When you want to latch the front, you uncrew those finger bolts and voila.

Ford Bronco Bestop SkyRider with Mabett's mesh bimini top 1681424111881

Similar to this youtube video at this time-point:

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will need to modify their install.

DO NOT install it as they say. Instead remove the bronco bolts and hard mount the front with finger screws.

Then pull it back. This get's rid of the gap. Basically it mimic's my canvas bimini.

It also makes it 100% tool-less. When you want to latch the front, you uncrew those finger bolts and voila.

Ford Bronco Bestop SkyRider with Mabett's mesh bimini top 1681424111881

Similar to this youtube video at this time-point:

Nice! Thanks for the details.
Sponsored