First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

This is the safari version at 70 mph exactly. I don't think it's bad at all... not sure what people r talking about with front edge flapping crazy - It has 6 points of attachment along that edge. The audio in the vid is loud but in reality there is no extra noise vs. regular wind.

Obviously it's not gonna sit like a Jtop does... That's not really the point of something like this. It's a $200 simple Bimini. I get why people love jtops but many of us don't wanna spend that kind of money and/or live with the fugly Jtop Velcro all over the roll cage (again, I do understand its purpose and effectiveness) - just depends what is important to you.
That's exactly why I didn't opt for the Jtops one, all that velcro along the sides isn't for me. I had one for my Jeep Wrangler for years and loved that version though....
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you install the velcro for the JTops bimini correctly it is completely covered when you put the top on. Plus, you can put your hard top on over the JTops. You get what you pay for.
Who wants a bimini installed all the time? 9 months a year you look at velcro glued all over the Bronco. Thats the point. This Safari bimini is meant to be quick on and off, like any Bimini should be.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just thought I'd post some pics here since I have not seen anybody running the "safari" bimini yet - this one does not have the zippers/middle bar that the other Bestop version has - it's just a super clean, high visibility bimini.

This one fits like a factory product (no gaps, etc), installs super easy with clips and tightening straps, and has a premium build quality to it that you would expect from a brand like Bestop. The flapping at highway/freeway speeds is as minimal as I could imagine a bimini can be - definitely not terrible.

If you want to put your hardtop panels back on, it's pretty quick and easy to loosen the front two straps and the two bolts on the side grommet tabs (2nd pic below). You can actually roll the whole thing up and it fits between the rear hardtop cap and rollbar so you don't have to undo the rear straps and completely remove it every time. The only negative I found was with the hard plastic strap organizers that are included - I found those smack against the rear rollbar at higher speeds so I swapped them out for soft velcro strips which are easier to mess with anyways (see 3rd pic below).

I'm very happy with it thus far as somebody who wanted a simple, functional, and form-fitting bimini. It's a little pricey at $200 but I do think the quality/design is there to justify it.

PXL_20230607_124917294.MP.jpg

PXL_20230607_125000093.jpg

PXL_20230607_125008562.jpg

The best part is that it has a warranty so you can replace it when the straps break off like mine. I gave it a shot 2 times and now I'm just going without. It just wasn't made well enough for my bronco I guess.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bestop from Ford accessories also has a flaw on the two door design. The metal support brace that spans across the roll cage has plastic pieces in each end. These plastic pieces accept the bolted on metal bracket. These plastic pieces fail from use. When you attempt to contact Bestop you hear nothing. Once you make contact and inform them of the failure under warranty, you hear nothing for months. Then one day a package arrives from them with the wrong part. Attempts to contact them about the error go unanswered. Then one day( this is closing in on a year) you get an email apologizing about not replying to the email you sent two weeks ago,” because I took off on Thursday and couldn’t read my email”. I strongly urge all of you to head o er to J Tops or some other maker. I provide Bestop multiple opportunities to rectify the failure. They failed to deliver. You have been warned.
yep. I had issues with replacing mine under warranty. The 2nd top lasted less than 2 months just like the first one. Maybe if driving quietly in the neighborhood or less than 30mph it would have lasted longer. I'm looking into something that is made better.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who wants a bimini installed all the time? 9 months a year you look at velcro glued all over the Bronco. Thats the point. This Safari bimini is meant to be quick on and off, like any Bimini should be.
The Velcro is not really glued all over the top. Plus our jTop acts as a headliner to create a smooth interior look. Leaving it on all year has great benefits and also helps the acoustics.
If you look close you will not see any of the commercial grade Velcro.
Mike

IMG_7638.jpeg

IMG_6066.jpeg

IMG_5778.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everyone is gonna buy the top they want to buy that addresses the needs they care about. The point of this wasn't to determine everyone's favorite, it was just to showcase a product that hasn't really been reviewed on this site. People complain about Velcro, people complain about bungies and freeway flapping. This one doesn't really have any of those issues so just figured I'd share 🤷

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's what I did for my '68

Worked Great!

Ford Bronco Bestop SAFARI Bimini Top Installed paragon_day1

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you take the hardtop panels off with this? Or can you just put it on after the top is off?

I have the best top and don't really like the cross bar in the middle but the zippers are nice to take the top panels off.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Velcro is not really glued all over the top. Plus our jTop acts as a headliner to create a smooth interior look. Leaving it on all year has great benefits and also helps the acoustics.
If you look close you will not see any of the commercial grade Velcro.
Mike

They're talking about when the Jtop is off too...

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the 2D version and has been great. I would give it. 9 out of 10. All that Velcro is fugly to me and management said no way! 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How do you take the hardtop panels off with this? Or can you just put it on after the top is off?

I have the best top and don't really like the cross bar in the middle but the zippers are nice to take the top panels off.
When putting panels back on, I loosen the front two straps and the two bolts on each side in the middle of the bimini then roll up the bimini to the back rollbar crossmember. It stays rolled up tucked between the hardtop rear cap and rollbar until I remove the top again and reattach the bimini. Deff not as easy as having the zippers but not too bad if you don't have to take on/off panels super frequently. I keep my Bronco garaged when not in use so have the luxury of keeping the top panels off pretty much all the time so it's not too much of a hassle for me. I usually drive my wife's car if it's going to rain haha

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When putting panels back on, I loosen the front two straps and the two bolts on each side in the middle of the bimini then roll up the bimini to the back rollbar crossmember. It stays rolled up tucked between the hardtop rear cap and rollbar until I remove the top again and reattach the bimini. Deff not as easy as having the zippers but not too bad if you don't have to take on/off panels super frequently. I keep my Bronco garaged when not in use so have the luxury of keeping the top panels off pretty much all the time so it's not too much of a hassle for me. I usually drive my wife's car if it's going to rain haha

Sweet, thanks for the answer. I may look at this as an alternative because the Best Top feels like a top and I want that open experience back.

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sweet, thanks for the answer. I may look at this as an alternative because the Best Top feels like a top and I want that open experience back.
Keeping the open air feeling intact as much as possible was also one of my main concerns and I'm very pleased with how this one manages that aspect. Just to be clear, this one is also a Bestop brand top - it is their 'Safari' version (you can find it listed on Bestop's website) instead of the Ford Genuine accessories version that you have.

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Legit Question: Are you talking about the 9 months when you have the Hard Top or Soft Top installed "full time"? If so, would you see the velcro attached if you removed the JTops Bimini or would it be covered by the Hard or Softtop?

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Legit Question: Are you talking about the 9 months when you have the Hard Top or Soft Top installed "full time"? If so, would you see the velcro attached if you removed the JTops Bimini or would it be covered by the Hard or Softtop?
Not sure about others but I run full open most of spring and fall where I live so the velcro would definitely show. Top on in winter obviously and bimini on when the sun gets hot in summer. Basically 4 months primarily open top, 4 months top on, 4 months bimini.
Sponsored