First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Posting here as I spent a lot of time researching if this would fit and thought it might help someone else out.

Tonight I installed the bestop skyrider, and as suspected it required minimal modifications. This solution is obviously not supported by Bestop or Ford to my knowledge, so proceed at your own risk.

If you want to remove the B pillar raptor specific support, it will fit fine with zero modification.

With the support in place your options are to trim about 1 square inch off the corner of the support or to cut and weld the Bestop provided bracket.

Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider Soft Top (and Bestop Trektop) installed on Bronco Raptor w/ minimal modifications required 20230428_194446

Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider Soft Top (and Bestop Trektop) installed on Bronco Raptor w/ minimal modifications required 20230428_194446

Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider Soft Top (and Bestop Trektop) installed on Bronco Raptor w/ minimal modifications required 20230428_200416

Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider Soft Top (and Bestop Trektop) installed on Bronco Raptor w/ minimal modifications required 20230428_210929

Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider Soft Top (and Bestop Trektop) installed on Bronco Raptor w/ minimal modifications required 20230428_210914

Admin addendum:

@andreog was also able to install the Bestop Trektop on his Bronco Raptor, by making the same modification as shown above. See his post below: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...mal-modifications-required.72032/post-1949259

image-28-jpg.jpg

img_5853-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Jseptor

First Edition
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I opted to trim with an angle grinder and touch up the paint, then reinstall the brace on top of the Bestop brackets.

No other modifications or changes to the instructions were necessary.

This obviously puts the brace above the bestop bracket but there is plenty of clearance around it opening, closing and with the cross bows.

Apoligies for the horrible lighting, my shop has a lot of crazy bright LED's.

I can post better pictures tomorrow in the light!

#It would be fairly easy to modify the bestop bracket if that was the desired approach too. It appears the bump up with the foam sticker is there to keep the cross bow supported tight and not rattling when closed. you could easily remove it and use a rubber or foam bumper on the edge of the crossbrace and accomplish the same thing. I chose the path of least resistance.

Last edited:

Periokid

Raptor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, this is great. I really does not seem to make any structural change at all.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

it looks like you could of sloted the best top bracket to fit over the brace as well. A relatively easy modification for best top to make .....

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, Tesla Model 3; KTM 450 XCF & 300 XC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I opted to trim with an angle grinder and touch up the paint, then reinstall the brace on top of the Bestop brackets.

No other modifications or changes to the instructions were necessary.

This obviously puts the brace above the bestop bracket but there is plenty of clearance around it opening, closing and with the cross bows.

Apoligies for the horrible lighting, my shop has a lot of crazy bright LED's.

I can post better pictures tomorrow in the light!

#It would be fairly easy to modify the bestop bracket if that was the desired approach too. It appears the bump up with the foam sticker is there to keep the cross bow supported tight and not rattling when closed. you could easily remove it and use a rubber or foam bumper on the edge of the crossbrace and accomplish the same thing. I chose the path of least resistance.
Thanks for the write-up and photos. Looks like a fairly straight-forward and easy modification.

Anyone know if the hardware is the same in their Trektop? I wonder if this modification is all that is needed to make the Trektop work on the Bronco Raptor? I would be interested in the Trektop as a soft top option for my Raptor.

Sponsored

Periokid

Raptor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the write-up and photos. Looks like a fairly straight-forward and easy modification.

Anyone know if the hardware is the same in their Trektop? I wonder if this modification is all that is needed to make the Trektop work on the Bronco Raptor? I would be interested in the Trektop as a soft top option for my Raptor.

Wow, can you imagine is this is all it would take to get more soft top options for the Raptor. I'd also love to know this answer to this question.

Island Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Boss 302,15 Rubi, 20 Gladiator Rubi, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
pictures of your BRAPTOR with the SKYTOP? open and closed?

OP
OP

Jseptor

First Edition
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
pictures of your BRAPTOR with the SKYTOP? open and closed?
Out of town to next week but have a few attached that sort of show and highlight the MIC color difference. (also, yes....my wife loves me parking on the porch steps).

Will grab a few better open pics when back home.

20230510_102044.jpg

20230511_170023.jpg

Island Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Boss 302,15 Rubi, 20 Gladiator Rubi, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great!

But will wait for more pictures!

(parking on the porch steps!.... that's a NO-NO, LOL....)

andreog

Raptor
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
hey folks,

i had been watching this thread closely as i was hoping to get the trektop installed on my raptor.

short story, the trektop fits well and works with the modification suggested at the beginning of this thread.

i did have to tweak a few things to get it perfectly adjusted, but they were related to the trektop and not the install on the raptor. for example, i put foam inserts inside the velcro straps that wrap around trektop frame, b/c there was a bit too much slack. it made a big difference. next im going to remove the bestop logo out back (was very surprised to see that after it was installed); and also look to see how i might be able to easily remove it for days i want to go completely open top. i wonder if i can create some sort of quick-latch mechanism so i can just pop it off the frame.

but more importantly...as far as install goes, it fits great....

Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider Soft Top (and Bestop Trektop) installed on Bronco Raptor w/ minimal modifications required image (28)

Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider Soft Top (and Bestop Trektop) installed on Bronco Raptor w/ minimal modifications required IMG_5853

Sponsored

stroix

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been reflecting on my experience with Bestop, particularly with their Sunrider product for hardtops. Now, I know many of you are fans, but here's a different perspective. As much as Bestop may seem to be on our side, I can't help but feel they have a stronger inclination towards Jeep owners.

Here's why:

I purchased the Sunrider for my Bronco hardtop. It's notable to mention that the fabric comes in black. My 6-year-old son, with his imaginative perspective, pointed out that the black fabric on my grey hardtop made my Bronco look like it had eyebrows. A humorous observation, but it got me thinking. If Bestop truly cared about their Bronco clientele, wouldn't they invest the time and resources to produce a color-matched fabric for our grey hardtops?

To add to the frustration, my Sunrider began to rattle after just 3 weeks of use. However, it wasn’t the rattling that annoyed me but the realization that Bestop seems unwilling or uninterested in truly catering to the needs and preferences of Bronco owners.

Ford's MIC hardtops have their distinct color. I don't see them changing that anytime soon. So, shouldn't aftermarket producers, especially ones as notable as Bestop, make a genuine effort to harmonize with these details?

Just something to ponder upon when considering Bestop products. What are your thoughts?

Stay safe on the trails!

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They could do that but then they would have to stock two separate types of fabric which would drive the price up. And and this point it is likely the their Bronco sales are a small fraction of their Jeep sales.

The real question is not why Bestop is not going all out for the Bronco, but why Ford chose to design their own sagtop... er, soft top, instead of contracting this to Bestop.

I've been reflecting on my experience with Bestop, particularly with their Sunrider product for hardtops. Now, I know many of you are fans, but here's a different perspective. As much as Bestop may seem to be on our side, I can't help but feel they have a stronger inclination towards Jeep owners.

Here's why:

I purchased the Sunrider for my Bronco hardtop. It's notable to mention that the fabric comes in black. My 6-year-old son, with his imaginative perspective, pointed out that the black fabric on my grey hardtop made my Bronco look like it had eyebrows. A humorous observation, but it got me thinking. If Bestop truly cared about their Bronco clientele, wouldn't they invest the time and resources to produce a color-matched fabric for our grey hardtops?

To add to the frustration, my Sunrider began to rattle after just 3 weeks of use. However, it wasn’t the rattling that annoyed me but the realization that Bestop seems unwilling or uninterested in truly catering to the needs and preferences of Bronco owners.

Ford's MIC hardtops have their distinct color. I don't see them changing that anytime soon. So, shouldn't aftermarket producers, especially ones as notable as Bestop, make a genuine effort to harmonize with these details?

Just something to ponder upon when considering Bestop products. What are your thoughts?

Stay safe on the trails!

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here's why:

Stay safe on the trails!
I couldn't agree more, I bought a bimmini top from besttop and it's junk. It flaps horribly both front and back, the hooks pop off when you tighten too much to make it stop flapping, it flaps so much it's eating away the paint under the buckles. I'm looking at other options....

A word for ANY manufacturer..... "DO or DONOT" don't waste our time and money with half efforts.

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hey folks,

i had been watching this thread closely as i was hoping to get the trektop installed on my raptor.

short story, the trektop fits well and works with the modification suggested at the beginning of this thread.

i did have to tweak a few things to get it perfectly adjusted, but they were related to the trektop and not the install on the raptor. for example, i put foam inserts inside the velcro straps that wrap around trektop frame, b/c there was a bit too much slack. it made a big difference. next im going to remove the bestop logo out back (was very surprised to see that after it was installed); and also look to see how i might be able to easily remove it for days i want to go completely open top. i wonder if i can create some sort of quick-latch mechanism so i can just pop it off the frame.

but more importantly...as far as install goes, it fits great....

Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider Soft Top (and Bestop Trektop) installed on Bronco Raptor w/ minimal modifications required IMG_5853

Sweet! I know there are some function differences between the factory soft top, and the Bestop, but I wouldn't take anything for my TrekTop. There is no comparison between the look of factory, and Bestop.

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Posting here as I spent a lot of time researching if this would fit and thought it might help someone else out.

Tonight I installed the bestop skyrider, and as suspected it required minimal modifications. This solution is obviously not supported by Bestop or Ford to my knowledge, so proceed at your own risk.

If you want to remove the B pillar raptor specific support, it will fit fine with zero modification.

With the support in place your options are to trim about 1 square inch off the corner of the support or to cut and weld the Bestop provided bracket.

Admin addendum:

@andreog was also able to install the Bestop Trektop on his Bronco Raptor, by making the same modification as shown above. See his post below: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...mal-modifications-required.72032/post-1949259

image-28-jpg.jpg

img_5853-jpg.jpg

The top looks great, but I love the overall look of your raptor. Any other pictures with more angles of the bumpers? Those are ADD bumpers, right?
Sponsored