First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put a set of OEM wheels and tires on my 2021 Base Bronco. They look great but the ride is kind of bouncy. Pressure is at 35 psi as recommended. Is it the same suspension/shocks/coils on both models? Virtually all my driving is on asphalt. I would appreciate any suggestions to smooth it out. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Caro

Base
First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you. At highway speeds it feels like floating. It is much more responsive I would also say. That’s probably because the tires are bigger?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That sounds kind of weird. The Sasquatch Base Bronco is way smoother on highways than I expected. Of course, I have a totally different suspension. I normally run close to 40 psi, but I've driven on pavement with 20 psi and haven't noticed significant ride differences. I just don't want to go very far at highway speeds like that. I only do it to get to the next dirt road.

I'm surprised that slightly bigger tires would have a significant effect on ride quality.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
lower the pressures. Thats what will make the most difference. A difference of 5 psi can make it much better. I run at 25psi. Different tire then you but huge difference from 30psi. Chalk test can help out some. Bigger tires will have significant effect on ride quality if psi is too high.

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I took delivery of mine at 42 PSI and was experiencing the bounciness, wandering & borderline sketchy on the highway. My first body on frame vehicle so I assumed that's how they all ride. Lowered mine down to 35 cold, and it feels great. Surprisingly carlike, yet still compliant and absorbs potholes.

AFAIK, the big bend, base & black diamond suspensions are all the same Hitachi damper units. Same spring rates too, I believe. I think you may be adapting to the higher sidewall, and A/T tire flex compared to the stiffer A/S 30s from your previous set.

OP
OP

Caro

Base
First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took delivery of mine at 42 PSI and was experiencing the bounciness, wandering & borderline sketchy on the highway. My first body on frame vehicle so I assumed that's how they all ride. Lowered mine down to 35 cold, and it feels great. Surprisingly carlike, yet still compliant and absorbs potholes.

AFAIK, the big bend, base & black diamond suspensions are all the same Hitachi damper units. Same spring rates too, I believe. I think you may be adapting to the higher sidewall, and A/T tire flex compared to the stiffer A/S 30s from your previous set.

bounciness, wandering & borderline sketchy on the highway is a great description. I appreciate the advice
Sponsored