First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, I did the 1st clip position (lowest) on both front and rear, came out with approx. 2” lift (after settling). Bronco is level now and I l8ke the fact that if I add more weight at either end I can adjust.

And the ride/handling is sooo much better than the stock Hibachis…
Did you readjust your clip position settings? Earlier, you posted something different:

”I used clip setting #1 in rear and #2 in front which gave me approx. 1.75” lift in rear and 2.2”lift in front. Front has since settled to approx 2”lift. Keep in mind I’m lifting a non-SAS OBX and had the complete Bilstein 6112 coilover units installed (including Bilstein springs).”
Sponsored

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you readjust your clip position settings? Earlier, you posted something different:

”I used clip setting #1 in rear and #2 in front which gave me approx. 1.75” lift in rear and 2.2”lift in front. Front has since settled to approx 2”lift. Keep in mind I’m lifting a non-SAS OBX and had the complete Bilstein 6112 coilover units installed (including Bilstein springs).”
You are correct sir, I actually deleted this entire response, (your above quote), but for some reason it still posted? Please disregard as my original posted info is correct👍

Update: was able to go back and delete erroneous info post, thanks for bringing my attention to it and good luck with your Bilstein 6112s, fantastic upgrade!

Last edited:

Thr33Thr33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine is getting installed today along with new 35's and I cant wait!!!

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Thr33Thr33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got mine installed and upgraded to some 35's on Method 705's. Did clip 4 in front and 3 in rear to get rid of the factory rake. Also did some Camburg UCA's. What a massive difference in ride quality. So much nicer to drive!
Ford Bronco Bilstein 6112 suspension kit installed…WOW!  HUGE improvement over stock OBX Hitachi coilovers 20231217_132835

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for those who had SAS and upgraded to these.... Im getting mixed reviews on Plush vs. Firm. if your doing mostly freeway driving and normal traffic around town (normal life) do these provide a comfortable/plush ride or do you still feel the road vibration the same?

if so any recommendations on coil over systems for ride comfort on pavement?

thx

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

for those who had SAS and upgraded to these.... Im getting mixed reviews on Plush vs. Firm. if your doing mostly freeway driving and normal traffic around town (normal life) do these provide a comfortable/plush ride or do you still feel the road vibration the same?

thx
You are asking for a subjective opinion.... like how soft is that couch?.... You really need to ride in one that has this set up.... Exact same vehicle, one person will describe as firm and the next will describe as plush.... Only you can determine if it is what you want. Someone in New York has this set up... I would bet on it. and since most of us are really proud to show off our mods, my guess is you should be able to find someone that would be more than glad to provide you with a ride along... Contact your local club... Someone will know someone....

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, I upgraded from a non-SAS Hibachi suspension. So I went with Bilstein 6112s (wanted to upgrade from the soft Hibachi springs). In my case the improvement was amazing, seriously reduced brake dive and suspension “wallow”…definitely a firmer, more controlled - but not harsh ride. Good luck!

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FWIW, I upgraded from a non-SAS Hibachi suspension. So I went with Bilstein 6112s (wanted to upgrade from the soft Hibachi springs). In my case the improvement was amazing, seriously reduced brake dive and suspension “wallow”…definitely a firmer, more controlled - but not harsh ride. Good luck!

Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

thx
They ride the exact same as the yellow SAS shocks with noticeably less body roll and nose dive. They are still on the firm/stiff side ... as any "digressive shock" will be. If you want "plush" look into some Fox shocks

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been using the Bronco on tons of trails in AZ and UT for the past 2-3 days. Loving the 6112s so far. Perhaps the most noticeable difference for me till now is how they handle washboarded roads. Just step on the gas pedal and feel nothing.

JuBi3

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pics of my horsey before and after 6112s. Lift is 2.1" in front and 2.4" in back. Incoming rake was 10mm. I like the outcome. Reasonable lift without the wheel wells looking ridiculously empty. Used the opportunity to install the RC rack and pinion bushings and the trac bar relo bracket.

For the avoidance of doubt, work was done professionally, I would never dream of doing something like this on my own. I loaned the truck to Bilstein for a week to test fit some new gear, and they have been supremely professional throughout the entire process.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6112 suspension kit installed…WOW!  HUGE improvement over stock OBX Hitachi coilovers 20231217_132835

do you have 33's or 35's in this picture?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond