Sponsored

Anyone install Bilstein 6112 front and rear suspension on Badlands?

Paulj826

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone upgrade to Bilstein 6112 front and rear? Seen a lot of people use 5100 or 5160 on rear.
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have 6112s on my FE and SAS on my Badlands. I can definitely tell a difference and I prefer the 6112s on the road by far. The small bumps/potholes an ruts are much better. No dive or roll. I can hit speed bumps at speed.

Off road they are about the same. No discernible difference. I bought the 6112s to level out after a winch install.

g_walk28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have 6112s on my FE and SAS on my Badlands. I can definitely tell a difference and I prefer the 6112s on the road by far. The small bumps/potholes an ruts are much better. No dive or roll. I can hit speed bumps at speed.

Off road they are about the same. No discernible difference. I bought the 6112s to level out after a winch install.
What clip setting did you use for front and rear and how much lift did you get? I’m ordering a set of 6112s soon.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What clip setting did you use for front and rear and how much lift did you get? I’m ordering a set of 6112s soon.
4th from the bottom up front and 3 in the rear and I still have a bit of front rake. I have 250lbs of winch/mount, 180lbs of sliders, 85lbs of belly skids and probably 50lbs of recovery gear/crap on board. I gained about and 1 to an 1.25" all around.

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got 6100s sitting in my garage waiting for my Badlands. So I’m watching this thread and will update. I would have gone 6112 but found a good sale price and figured maybe the factory springs were better suited to my specific build.

Your lift numbers seems like they might match the Bilstein numbers, if you account for the extra weight. Is that 1-1.25” -over- the FE/Sasquatch ride height?

Sponsored

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I had an opportunity to drive (back to back) a stock Badlands and First Edition equipped with the Bilstein 6112's. This difference was significant, the Bilstein's absorbed all of the chop on a heavily rutted roadway. The ride felt planted and precise with good road feel, but the harsh firmness was gone.

Thanks to @chtucker for letting me demo his 2 Broncos. Very insightful and looking forward to putting the 6112 on my 2 door Badlands.

OP
OP

Paulj826

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I had an opportunity to drive (back to back) a stock Badlands and First Edition equipped with the Bilstein 6112's. This difference was significant, the Bilstein's absorbed all of the chop on a heavily rutted roadway. The ride felt planted and precise with good road feel, but the harsh firmness was gone.

Thanks to @chtucker for letting me demo his 2 Broncos. Very insightful and looking forward to putting the 6112 on my 2 door Badlands.
Nice! Good feedback. What’s the difference between the 6112 and the 6100 seems like the struts/shocks are the same and the difference is 6112 give you their springs and 6100 use stock?

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Good feedback. What’s the difference between the 6112 and the 6100 seems like the struts/shocks are the same and the difference is 6112 give you their springs and 6100 use stock?
Thats exactly it. All of the 6112 springs are the same while you use your vehicle specific oem springs on the 6100 (or order them from Eibach, etc). The 6112 also offers more lift - I think this is because the springs are probably longer than oem.

The Ford Performance 2” Lift appears to be a 6112 without any adjustability - looks like maybe the equivalent of setting the 6112 to the lowest circlip setting.
Sponsored