Sponsored

Body Armor brand bumpers. Anybody running them yet?

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm looking for replacement bumpers and ran across these:

2023_Ford_Bronco_Johnson_Valley_Shoot_-_3_2700x.jpg

https://bodyarmor4x4.com/products/fb-19534-front-bumper

Front bumper comes with a winch plate and two different sized hoops. Front and rear bumpers together are 1750 shipped.

Seems way cheaper than most others on the market.

Looking for feedback if anyone has them, or opinions from those who may be familiar with their products.
Sponsored

Bronco3070

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am looking into the same but cannot find anything about them positive/negative or anyone else that is running them. I'm considering purchasing them but curious if you have any feedback or ever found anything out about them?

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a very appealing price! Accomodates all the sensors and even has brackets to reinforce the frame horns. If only it didn't have the branding on the side!

OP
OP
The Compensator

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am looking into the same but cannot find anything about them positive/negative or anyone else that is running them. I'm considering purchasing them but curious if you have any feedback or ever found anything out about them?
Still in the same boat as you.

I haven't heard anything good or bad either. It might be worth a shot at that price though. Paper, 🪨, ✂, on who pulls the trigger and let's the other one know if it's worth it or not?

Reactions: cgv

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Still in the same boat as you.

I haven't heard anything good or bad either. It might be worth a shot at that price though. Paper, 🪨, ✂, on who pulls the trigger and let's the other one know if it's worth it or not?
I guess I pulled rock (and the trigger) and ordered the front bumper. If I find I like it and it’s good quality, will likely order the rear bumper as well. With the Labor Day sales they were having, combined with the new customer 10% off, it only came to $798 shipped! Not bad for all you get. Hopefully I get it by Friday and can install it next weekend. If so, will post pics and opinions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Compensator

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess I pulled rock (and the trigger) and ordered the front bumper. If I find I like it and it’s good quality, will likely order the rear bumper as well. With the Labor Day sales they were having, combined with the new customer 10% off, it only came to $798 shipped! Not bad for all you get. Hopefully I get it by Friday and can install it next weekend. If so, will post pics and opinions.
That's exciting! I'm looking forward to your inputs and pictures!!

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's exciting! I'm looking forward to your inputs and pictures!!
Good deal, I’m excited too! I’ve been waiting for an affordable quality steel bumper which includes front bash plate and bull bar to be released from a third party manufacturer since I dropped the mod bumper from my order to get it built and delivered in Dec 2021. If Ford made the mod bumper available through parts, I likely would have gone that route, but they would probably want $1500 for it.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Biff Did you ever get your bumper?

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Biff Did you ever get your bumper?
Yup, it arrived Wednesday morning via full sized tractor trailer on a pallet. The box including pallet was 236 lbs! I hope to at least unbox it today and take inventory, but with Fall temps fast approaching, I have a bunch of outside chores to knock out first, so install this weekend is unlikely. Will post up pics of everything once I do get around to unboxing though. I imagine once I remove the plastic bumper, I will need to cut off the existing tow hooks like is required for the plastic to modular bumper swap, so that will be fun. Time to fetch some new sawsall blades.

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

coming from a Toyota, a lot of folks running BA gear in that space and it's been really nice, durable steel. The Bronco offerings are looking pretty attractive as well!

Sponsored

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody else installed this?

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sent them an inquiry regarding compatibility with the 360 camera. It would appear from photos that if you installed either hoop on it that would impede the view of the front camera. I would opt to not install a bar, but I'm wondering if putting a winch on would also be in the way of the front camera.

Hopefully they respond to my inquiry soon.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone our this Body Armor bumper on yet? How about you Biff?

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like Biff is not subscribed to this thread.

@Biff Any feedback on how your install went?
I did finally manage to get it installed last weekend with a friend’s help. You don’t have to remove the existing tow hooks that come with the plastic bumper, but the installation is so much easier if you do as there is not much room to get a socket to turn the bolts on the Body Armor bumper otherwise. I am going to make a few adjustments this weekend and install my Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport fog lights since we ran out of daylight and it got dark on us last weekend. I will post some pics hopefully this Sunday of everything installed. Overall, seems like a quality bumper and skid plate, especially for the price!
Sponsored