HRnFW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ /
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drove up to the show today and the 2 door was definitely with a body color top.
The body color was quite different from the AMB F150 that was sitting 15 yards away under the same lighting. The tube frame door , 2 door was darker , much darker than the production vehicle. I suspect that this is because it was a preproduction model and might have to do with ? paint color coat thickness , primer coat color or metallic flake density ? In any event I suspect that the ultimate product will be closer to the F150 since it came off a production line and was not a hand painted one of.
The 4 door A51 in person was much more pleasing than multiple photos that I have seen and was lighter and more blue than an Amazon truck. Very pretty actually . Still not my cup of tea.
Last week I saw the COP in person at a DFW dealer on a Ranger and while it was pretty it was definitely close to a pearl metallic school bus color. Not really my cup of tea.
After much thought it looks like the order will go in for AMB a with late availability painted top ( body color or black ) and an aftermarket red leather upholstery
badlands 4dr 33s standard wheels. 2.3, manual , high, trailer package
Although the 4 door was Sasquatched the 2 door with 33s appeared as though the seat height was slightly higher than my FJ with 32s.
Overall the vehicle looked better in person than expected. For those wondering about the 35s I would suggest a quick trip to their local tire dealer to toss around a mounted 35 and a slightly lighter 33. They are both beasts. But the 35 is a significantly bigger beast.

The high point of the trip was a very nice member of the list who had driven all the way from Austin to OKC with his wife and kids and was just as nerdy and excited as I was to see them in person. If everyone on the list is as nice as them we are all in for an a terrific adventure and shared ownership experience with fellow enthusiasts.
Sponsored

toannn

First Edition
First Name
Toan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z06 2012 Avalanche 2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Both are definitely black and not AMB. I was there snd the lighting makes it look AMB. There was an actual AMB F series right behind it and they were different.

JKHamm

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was there today and asked the rep which color it was, he told me AMB because it was very deceiving. My wife, kids and I all saw the blue on the side that was not lit but the Ford Logo in the back. AMB, I promise.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If ever there was another post, yet again, that illustrates why AMB should be a 1-and-done single model year only paint offering, it's all the other threads which do this same thing and can't figure out what shade of black black is.

This is why those of us that like AMB, like it.

It's elusive, ..................kinda like the squatch. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can burn a BIG front locked TTA in your front yard and the next morning your neighbor will say.......

"Your buddy down the road with the black Bronco paid 'ya a visit late last night "

Long live the AMB BaseSquatch !!!!!!!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

This is why I love AMB. Everyone has their favorite color. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't be offered after 1 year.
I had copied that link and was getting ready to post it when I saw your post.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was there today and asked the rep which color it was, he told me AMB because it was very deceiving. My wife, kids and I all saw the blue on the side that was not lit but the Ford Logo in the back. AMB, I promise.
Then you are breaking your promise. It's black. These are my personal photos I took of that bronco 5 months ago at super cel East. There has never been a debate about what color that truck is until it was shown at the OKC event under that lighting.

Ford Bronco Body Colored Painted Hard Top 7B9AD5D2-7C46-4E60-8D10-7FBC2CF86321

Ford Bronco Body Colored Painted Hard Top 2B21686A-1284-4B58-B2C9-202D328A1E3D

Ford Bronco Body Colored Painted Hard Top 5EC98BE0-16D5-4396-8AD5-47F5FD98003A

Ford Bronco Body Colored Painted Hard Top D10C4CD3-FD08-42E0-9EC0-E008390D0F28

Ford Bronco Body Colored Painted Hard Top D3C81837-7F9B-4E52-A440-9800E3D3C5C3

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh, I celebrate the entire Ford pallet.

Strictly speaking from a design standpoint, Ford should only offer the following colors for Bronco if they had half a brain:

• Carbonized gray
  • Magnetic gray
  • Iconic silver
  • Oxford white
  • Pearl white
  • Metallic white
  • Shadow Black
  • Slightly darker black
  • A slightly darker black than slightly darker black
  • Antimatter Blue
  • Lava Red
  • Grabber black
  • Grabber white
  • Grabber extra-medium silver

Having just had a tweet exchange with Stevie Wonder while he was driving to dinner, he said those are the best colors he's seen and would be incredibly on the sales brochures.

Anyway, I'm tuxed up and off to an art gallery opening.
I personally think we could use more gray to choose from. How about the darker cement color, Lead Foot?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At first I thought this list was a complete failure since a green was not mentioned. Upon further review, I found it.

Strictly speaking from a design standpoint, Ford should only offer the following colors for Bronco if they had half a brain:

• Carbonized gray
  • Magnetic gray
  • Iconic silver
  • Oxford white
  • Pearl white
  • Metallic white
  • Shadow Black
  • Slightly darker black
  • A slightly darker black than slightly darker black (also known as Green Gem)
  • Antimatter Blue
  • Lava Red
  • Grabber black
  • Grabber white

Having just had a tweet exchange with Stevie Wonder while he was driving to dinner, he said those are the best colors he's seen and would be incredibly on the sales brochures.

Sponsored

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stop.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we all agree on two things.
1. Ford sucks at lighting. Ford if you are listening do not apply a horrible color light into your future displays. I get the blue light for Ford but put it somewhere it won't effect your car colors.
2. The top is body colored hard top. Also read the thread "color confusion" for more on the debate of the Shadow Black Bronco that was released a long time ago.

I love how another person got bad info from a Ford representative at a Bronco display from Ford. They should just make placards to put in front of the vehicle. Could read year, make, model, engine, transmission, color and package name or just provide the vehicle sticker with all options. Just a thought.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think we all agree on two things.
1. Ford sucks at lighting. Ford if you are listening do not apply a horrible color light into your future displays. I get the blue light for Ford but put it somewhere it won't effect your car colors.
2. The top is body colored hard top. Also read the thread "color confusion" for more on the debate of the Shadow Black Bronco that was released a long time ago.

I love how another person got bad info from a Ford representative at a Bronco display from Ford. They should just make placards to put in front of the vehicle. Could read year, make, model, engine, transmission, color and package name or just provide the vehicle sticker with all options. Just a thought.
they have a sign and forgot the detail.

Ford Bronco Body Colored Painted Hard Top 0AF15328-DC86-4F36-B9EA-0662618A62D9

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Carbonized gray
  • Magnetic gray
  • Iconic silver
  • Oxford white
  • Pearl white
  • Metallic white
  • Shadow Black
  • Slightly darker black
  • A slightly darker black than slightly darker black
  • Antimatter Blue
  • Lava Red
  • Grabber black
  • Grabber white

Only those colors??? If that was the case I probably wouldn’t have ordered one and just waited until they came up on the used market. Bring back colors!!

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they have a sign and forgot the detail.

Ford Bronco Body Colored Painted Hard Top 0AF15328-DC86-4F36-B9EA-0662618A62D9
This is actually priceless. Did you read the model? Not the one at the top the one to the right. "Bronco Sport" I hope Ford just made a mistake with wording and meant Sport Adventure Inspired Concept, but I doubt it.
Sponsored