Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want dual tops with either the mod black top or the body colored top. (The pre-faded MIC just doesn't do it for me.) If I chose the mod black I would have a shot at a MY 21 late availability (7/13 res). It would be really helpful to see a photo, which apparently is asking a lot of Ford for only $50K, so I guess the next best option is to see renderings. (The Canadian site does show the mod black top, but it's using the CGI so the colors are still pretty off.) Are there any good renderings of a 4 door Black Diamond in iconic silver, carbonized grey and oxford white with the mod black top and body colored top that somebody could point me to? If not, could any of the graphic design pros out there perhaps create them now that we have actual photos of the broncos in these colors? Any suggestions are welcome and any help with renderings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want dual tops with either the mod black top or the body colored top. (The pre-faded MIC just doesn't do it for me.) If I chose the mod black I would have a shot at a MY 21 late availability (7/13 res). It would be really helpful to see a photo, which apparently is asking a lot of Ford for only $50K, so I guess the next best option is to see renderings. (The Canadian site does show the mod black top, but it's using the CGI so the colors are still pretty off.) Are there any good renderings of a 4 door Black Diamond in iconic silver, carbonized grey and oxford white with the mod black top and body colored top that somebody could point me to? If not, could any of the graphic design pros out there perhaps create them now that we have actual photos of the broncos in these colors? Any suggestions are welcome and any help with renderings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Ford Bronco Hard top dilemma - mod black or body colored modto

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
RyanP

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the posts. Here are some renderings from the CA site of the BD with the mod black top and another of the BL with a white top. Again, not actual photos, but the best I could find at the moment. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to put together the body colored top for the IS or carbonized grey. Hopefully this helps some others who might be torn between the top options and colors, even though they're late availability / MY 22.

BD white and shadow black.JPG

BD carbon and shadow black.JPG

BD silver and shadow black.JPG

BL oxford white and white top.JPG

Sponsored

BadKarma!

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Shelby GT350R, Chevy Tahoe PPV, 21' Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great insight, thank you.

So, I was at my dealer today converting my FE reservation into an order. I thought I wanted the dual top kit in Shadow Black. It's my fault for not reading the details. As it turns out, my gut is telling me to go with the black MIC dual top kit. I am concerned that the Shadow Black top is going to get scratched up and look horrible over time due to the high gloss.

I am coming out of a Wrangler Unlimited with a black hardtop and that thing hides scratches and imperfections well because the black is more muted.

I think I will see both top options in the wild prior to my late MY21 build. - Also going with the Onyx interior.

I'm hoping I'm right otherwise my guts have shit for brains.

OP
OP
RyanP

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great insight, thank you.

So, I was at my dealer today converting my FE reservation into an order. I thought I wanted the dual top kit in Shadow Black. It's my fault for not reading the details. As it turns out, my gut is telling me to go with the black MIC dual top kit. I am concerned that the Shadow Black top is going to get scratched up and look horrible over time due to the high gloss.

I am coming out of a Wrangler Unlimited with a black hardtop and that thing hides scratches and imperfections well because the black is more muted.

I think I will see both top options in the wild prior to my late MY21 build. - Also going with the Onyx interior.

I'm hoping I'm right otherwise my guts have shit for brains.
Congrats on the FE. I love the black interior. As for the top, I agree that the high gloss is going to be prone to scratches whereas the MIC will be far more durable and lighter. There are lots of opinions on the MIC, but to me what we've seen thus far looks grey and doesn't match anything. I'm leaning toward the mod black top, but if I'm going to be late availability waiting a few more months for a white or matching body colored top wouldn't be an issue if I liked them more. Trouble is, without seeing a photo it's almost impossible to say. What color FE did you order?

BadKarma!

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Shelby GT350R, Chevy Tahoe PPV, 21' Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congrats on the FE. I love the black interior. As for the top, I agree that the high gloss is going to be prone to scratches whereas the MIC will be far more durable and lighter. There are lots of opinions on the MIC, but to me what we've seen thus far looks grey and doesn't match anything. I'm leaning toward the mod black top, but if I'm going to be late availability waiting a few more months for a white or matching body colored top wouldn't be an issue if I liked them more. Trouble is, without seeing a photo it's almost impossible to say. What color FE did you order?
Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the insight. I hear you. I would think by the time my FE gets built I will have seen the MIC in person or via a good photo.

I went with the Lightning Blue and the MIC dual top setup. I think the blue with the black top(s)/trim will look sharp.

Cheers,

Mike

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is very cheap to wrap the Mod tops. If anyone is getting dual tops and swapping out often or planning on driving out where tree branches will be low hanging your going to want to at least have it clear wrapped. If your going to get it wrapped anyways, the base color doesn't matter. Just get one and make it the color you want or use clear. If you don't use some sort of wrap the top is going to look like garbage.
Sponsored