Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OuterBanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks

Had an issue this morning and hoping someone else on here either knows whats going on or has had this same issue...Went to start my car, sat in the seat, put my foot on the brake and BAM!!! The pedal was rapidly rattling and making shocking noises every time I pushed the brake, at the same time the electrical went haywire, the screen popped up 4-5 error messages (all of this before I even pushed the start button). I went to try pushing the brake again and the same issue. I then pushed the start button without touching the brake to just see if the electrical would pop on and only the lights on the AC adjusting/volume control dials popped on. Open the hood to see if anything was obviously wrong or if the battery wasn't properly connected and it all looked normal. Came back 3-4 minutes later and there was a thumping noise that was just going off every 3-5 seconds and it seemed like it was coming from the driving side speaker. Eventually that stopped.

All I can come up with is that there was a faulty wire connecting from the brake to the fuse box??? I don't want to try and jump the car and cause more damage...Any help would be nice since the dealership can't see the car for over a week!
Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.3L 4-cylinder or 2.7L V6 engine ???

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

3 out of 4 electrical issues are ground wire.
I had issues kinda like that in a stereo and it was a poor ground wire connection.

OP
OP

BettyDABronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OuterBanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
3 out of 4 electrical issues are ground wire.
I had issues kinda like that in a stereo and it was a poor ground wire connection.
Thanks for the reply, I ended up taking the battery out and brought it to Autozone and they did a test and charged it and told me its charge was SUPER low, they charged it and my Bronco started just fine after that. The dude at the store said it could be that my Bronco was one of the ones build and sat for 6+ months waiting for a chip. Possibly
Sponsored