First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I left for work this morning and used my brakes to turn into the next road. I got a clicking type sound coming the brake pedal now.

As far as I can tell, I can only hear it inside the truck. I can mostly only feel it with my right foot on the pedal. My other foot, flat on the floor, can barely feel it. Can't feel it in the steering. Brakes work normal. It sometimes does it when coasting and no pedal is being used but it's because it recently used the brakes. Also I can start the sound again by pressing the brake pedal very very lightly. Like only 1mm of movement. Harder braking equals louder sounds.

2 days ago when I got in the truck, first thing in the morning, I noticed the displays didn't light up. I thought it was odd but it was single digits out. I then went to press the brake pedal to start the truck and about halfway down on the pedal it resisted but then went further. The truck started like normal and the displays turned on.

I feel like that incident may be related. I have driven between these two times and it was fine though.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sound and pulsingbin pedal is usual when antilock braking is engaged.. there is a recall on other models for rubber grommets that decay in Southern heat and humidity but that should not affect your Bronco. However, if a grommet in the linkage is missing from never being installed, for example, then feedback to the controllers will be inaccurate.

Call your dealer as soon as they open. Driving with brakes that are suspect is dangerous.

Any ice and snow? Or sand on the rotors

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sound and pulsingbin pedal is usual when antilock braking is engaged.. there is a recall on other models for rubber grommets that decay in Southern heat and humidity but that should not affect your Bronco. However, if a grommet in the linkage is missing from never being installed, for example, then feedback to the controllers will be inaccurate.

Call your dealer as soon as they open. Driving with brakes that are suspect is dangerous.

Any ice and snow? Or sand on the rotors
Thank you for the reply. The sound can happen even when I do not apply the brakes but it is very similar to abs sounds.

It's cold and icy here but rotors looked clear and yeah I'm calling the dealer today. Thank you again.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I left for work this morning and used my brakes to turn into the next road. I got a clicking type sound coming the brake pedal now.

As far as I can tell, I can only hear it inside the truck. I can mostly only feel it with my right foot on the pedal. My other foot, flat on the floor, can barely feel it. Can't feel it in the steering. Brakes work normal. It sometimes does it when coasting and no pedal is being used but it's because it recently used the brakes. Also I can start the sound again by pressing the brake pedal very very lightly. Like only 1mm of movement. Harder braking equals louder sounds.

2 days ago when I got in the truck, first thing in the morning, I noticed the displays didn't light up. I thought it was odd but it was single digits out. I then went to press the brake pedal to start the truck and about halfway down on the pedal it resisted but then went further. The truck started like normal and the displays turned on.

I feel like that incident may be related. I have driven between these two times and it was fine though.
Hello, Dustin!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with the noise concern from the brake pedal. Thanks!

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m having a similar issue. Have you seen a dealer yet?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I never did. The sound was gone later that day and never came back.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco's brake pedal concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?
Sponsored